Lori Lightfoot loses in political embarrassment

In 4 years, Lori Lightfoot went from breakout political star to divisive mayor of a Chicago beset by pandemic and crime

"Lightfoot was dealt a political embarrassment unlike any suffered by a sitting mayor seeking reelection since Jane Byrne — the first and only other female mayor of Chicago — lost the 1983 Democratic primary to Harold Washington."

This is what happens when you vote and promote for race/gender/sexual orientation rather than ability.  Lori Lightweight, Karine Jean Lollipop, not great looks for the Democrats.

Edited by Precision
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Precision said:

Public Schools CEO Paul Vallas and Cook County Commissioner Brandon Johnson will face each other in a runoff election for mayor.

the worst part of that is runoffs almost always have very low turnout.

but epic seeing old beatlejuice get her lying ars handed to her.

Hopefully one of those two others have actual plans to change policies vs the status quo.  especially around gangs and guns.

But looking at their wiki pages. Vallas has a lot of baggage and is a hack for privatization.  So Vallas will probably have the big money behind him.  Johnson will probably have the teachers union..

Paul Vallas - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Johnson_(politician)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

the worst part of that is runoffs almost always have very low turnout.

but epic seeing old beatlejuice get her lying ars handed to her.

Hopefully one of those two others have actual plans to change policies vs the status quo.  especially around gangs and guns.

But looking at their wiki pages. Vallas has a lot of baggage and is a hack for privatization.  So Vallas will probably have the big money behind him.  Johnson will probably have the teachers union..

Paul Vallas - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Johnson_(politician)

I'll be honest in that I'm not in tune with Chicago politics.  Would have though Lightfoot would have at least made it to a runoff even with her poor record.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Precision said:

This is what happens when you vote and promote for race/gender/sexual orientation rather than ability. 

Its hard to buy any of the schitt this DR clone is selling when the cult comprises of complete nuts jobs like this:

• Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Precision said:

I'll be honest in that I'm not in tune with Chicago politics.  Would have though Lightfoot would have at least made it to a runoff even with her poor record.  

A lot of her big money went to Vallas. he had a huge chest.   Vallas also has old Daley ties.

Johsnon is a bit of a Suprise. has support on the streets and school union.  wasnt expecting to see his name with this much support.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So what happens now? 

Hopefully someone with a bit of common sense will be elected because she has proven that when it comes to running a large city she may be better suited to be a plumber because S**T roles down hill & she's got a lot of it !!

Her bias & ill guided decisions during her term is a big reason why she's not getting a second chance the people have spoken which gives some hope for Chicago & other big cities that have been run by wing nuts such as her .

They need to put those in charge that are more equipped to do the job rather than those of a certain group that are looked at as being more forward thinking with less than a hint of common sense of how things should be run kind of the same thing we are finding out about those like pot hole pete & others chosen for their orientations rather than their qualifications .

I think it can only get better from here because when the city gov't such as Chicago's is at the bottom it only has 1 way it can go & that's up .

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Where have we heard this before?

Oh yeah:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7f9dede280d97f0bb05

Another qualified politician, right @Precision?

God it will be such a great day when you transition into the what's happening  now instead of the past FFS !! I wish Gibbs from NCIS would walk up beside you !! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Lightfoot was elected with more than 70% of the vote in the 2019 mayoral election runoff. 

She then spent four years alienating every constituency and complaining about literally everything. 

Her greatest accomplishment is leaving us with this quote:

“My dick is bigger than yours and the Italians, I have the biggest dick in Chicago.”

The election played out mostly as expected. Vallas picked up the conservative vote while Lightfoot, Johnson, and Chuy Garcia competed for the second runoff slot. Johnson had surged over the last couple of weeks and beat out Lori and Chuy. 

I would expect that Johnson is the favorite for the runoff (interestingly, both he and Vallas split the white vote so the runoff will be decided by turnout and who the Latino and black votes coalesce around), but Vallas has a good chance at the upset. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, T master said:

Hopefully someone with a bit of common sense will be elected because she has proven that when it comes to running a large city she may be better suited to be a plumber because S**T roles down hill & she's got a lot of it !!

Her bias & ill guided decisions during her term is a big reason why she's not getting a second chance the people have spoken which gives some hope for Chicago & other big cities that have been run by wing nuts such as her .

They need to put those in charge that are more equipped to do the job rather than those of a certain group that are looked at as being more forward thinking with less than a hint of common sense of how things should be run kind of the same thing we are finding out about those like pot hole pete & others chosen for their orientations rather than their qualifications .

I think it can only get better from here because when the city gov't such as Chicago's is at the bottom it only has 1 way it can go & that's up .

I love Chicago!