Beane Doubles Down On His Belief In Davis

H2o

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/60126/gabe-davis

Bills general manager Brandon Beane said he's "very confident" in Gabe Davis as the team's No. 2 receiver. 

Hopefully this is just GM speak and he has his eyes on other options. We actually still need at least 2 more WR's regardless of what he thinks of Davis. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 7

6 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hopefully this is just GM speak and he has his eyes on other options. We actually still need at least 2 more WR's regardless of what he thinks of Davis. 

I mean he is not going to publicly shame him...what else is he supposed to say?  He has however talked a lot about getting more playmakers and guys who are great at YAC, something Davis has not been good at

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Given Davis past production I'm willing to see how he works through this but this year will be the year to make a decision weather he will or won't be that guy . And there may be a chance that Beane gets another good WR in the draft which wouldn't hurt any way you look at it .

I would think those here would be harder on Little Dirty than Davis he has gotten a extension because of the NE game they thought he could be that guy & has shown once again he's good for 1 good play a game but can't be consistently depended on like Beasley was to come up with the clutch catch when it was needed .

If they would cut him that would save some money & bring in a younger guy with more upside because i think like in the Moss situation we've seen Mckenzies ceiling sure he's fast but that doesn't make him the guy .

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Beane will draft a WR.  None of us know WHEN that will happen.

I know it's not the trend on this board, but I haven't given up on Gabe yet.  He does need competition.

Given up on him? No, I haven't given up on him per say. He still didn't take that step forward we were all hoping for after that big Playoff performance against KC. He still had an inexcusable number of drops in key situations. If we don't pick up any WR's in FA I would love to see us grab Zay Flowers, or Josh Downs, or Jalin Hyatt, or Jaxon Smith-Injigba in Rounds 1 or 2. Then, I would love to see us circle back and take Cedric Tillman or Xavier Hutchinson in Rounds 3 or 4. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's GM speak to sell a player on a cash-strapped team with few avenues for improvement, i.e. Davis will remain WR2 because their limited resources need to be dedicated elsewhere. To your point, it's more realistic they add depth and competition in the slot than upgrade WR2.

Edited by Airseven
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Given up on him? No, I haven't given up on him per say. He still didn't take that step forward we were all hoping for after that big Playoff performance against KC. He still had an inexcusable number of drops in key situations. If we don't pick up any WR's in FA I would love to see us grab Zay Flowers, or Josh Downs, or Jalin Hyatt, or Jaxon Smith-Injigba in Rounds 1 or 2. Then, I would love to see us circle back and take Cedric Tillman or Xavier Hutchinson in Rounds 3 or 4. 

There are a lot of WR4s in FA.  Beane will get one there.  Some guy will sign to try to rejuvenate his career.  I just hope is it resembles

what KC did with Juju.  Then he picks one in the draft.  That's how I see it going down.

As for Gabe Davis, he knows exactly what he has to do to improve.  We'll see if he can do it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

There are a lot of WR4s in FA.  Beane will get one there.  Some guy will sign to try to rejuvenate his career.  I just hope is it resembles

what KC did with Juju.  Then he picks one in the draft.  That's how I see it going down.

As for Gabe Davis, he knows exactly what he has to do to improve.  We'll see if he can do it.

Sound thinking get a low cost slot guy and then draft a kid in first 3 rounds to develop. As gives us long term/short term options to look at. Like Richie James, he had a career year with Giants and might be a good get or even a Olamide Zaccheaus from the Falcons. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.