Leslie Frazier "taking a year off from coaching" per Bills PR

Roundybout

Just now, Meatloaf63 said:

Did you watch the game? Did you see the wide open drops their receivers had? How may points did they put up against the jets? If you felt comfortable at any point that we were in control and were absolutely positive we were going to win you are nothing but a liar. But keep up the personal attacks cause they make you appear so smart👍

So your point is "they pretty much got stuffed by the Jets the week before" except the Bills held them to less yards, 3rd down conversions, and first downs?

Skylar Thompson had a passer rating of 76 against the Jets.  He had a passer rating of 44 against the Bills.

The Dolphins put up points because the Bills gave them points with sloppy play, mostly on the offensive end.

Also, the Jets LOST.  Should they have been comfortable all game "STUFFING" them? 

Everything you said is wrong.  And you're doubling down on it now.  Don't take it personally, but if you're this good at something, you should never do it for free.  lmao

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The defense played very well. The 3 turnovers by the offense (one for a defensive TD), big PR and kickoff out of bounds gave Miami fantastic opportunities. 

Miami had 231 total yards, 16 first downs and only converted 25% of their 3rd downs… that doesn’t equal 31 points 😂

Their scoring drives started on…

MIA 40 (FG) Kick of OOB

BUF 48 (FG) INT returned 49 YDS

BUF 27 (FG) Punt returned 50 YDS

BUF 18 (TD) INT returned 29 YDS

BUF 30 (TD) Fumble Returned

MIA 25 (TD) 

But yeah… defense sucked. 

Did you watch the game? It wasn’t Buffalo’s defense as much as it was receivers dropping wide open passes and not having their number one back. They had a chance to win on the final drive with Skylar at Qb. A top defense should have held them scoreless or to a field goal at best. Judging a game on stats is foolish, watching it told a completely different story. Buffalo’s defense was far from impressive considering they had a third string Qb, missing their starting running back and missing 3 offensive linemen. If that performance impressed you I have nothing else to say. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Did you watch the game? It wasn’t Buffalo’s defense as much as it was receivers dropping wide open passes and not having their number one back. They had a chance to win on the final drive with Skylar at Qb. A top defense should have held them scoreless or to a field goal at best. Judging a game on stats is foolish, watching it told a completely different story. Buffalo’s defense was far from impressive considering they had a third string Qb, missing their starting running back and missing 3 offensive linemen. If that performance impressed you I have nothing else to say. 

231 yards, multiple short fields, two offensive touchdowns and a 25% 3rd down conversion rate. 

They did hold them scoreless on their final drive… 

I was at the game in person and the stats tell you exactly what happened. They had trouble moving the ball and were aided by short fields. If we didn’t gift them the ball on the 18 and a defensive TD… it would’ve been FG and punts all day. They weren’t going to sustain drives - Josh Allen helped them out a ***** ton. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So your point is "they pretty much got stuffed by the Jets the week before" except the Bills held them to less yards, 3rd down conversions, and first downs?

Skylar Thompson had a passer rating of 76 against the Jets.  He had a passer rating of 44 against the Bills.

The Dolphins put up points because the Bills gave them points with sloppy play, mostly on the offensive end.

Also, the Jets LOST.  Should they have been comfortable all game "STUFFING" them? 

Everything you said is wrong.  And you're doubling down on it now.  Don't take it personally, but if you're this good at something, you should never do it for free.  lmao

I get it, you’re impressed by stats and a Buffalo defense shutting down a third string Qb missing over half his o line and top running back. The difference of the game was Waddle dropping a wide open pass that cost them 7 points. Ohh you so impressed me with your stats. Anyone who isn’t a🤡 that watched  the game knows we very well could have lost. But you keep looking at the stats, you certainly have proven you really know what you are talking about stat boy…

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I get it, you’re impressed by stats and a Buffalo defense shutting down a third string Qb missing over half his o line and top running back. The difference of the game was Waddle dropping a wide open pass that cost them 7 points. Ohh you so impressed me with your stats. Anyone who isn’t a🤡 that watched  the game knows we very well could have lost. But you keep looking at the stats, you certainly have proven you really know what you are talking about stat boy…

White flag.  God I love TBD.

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

231 yards, multiple short fields, two offensive touchdowns and a 25% 3rd down conversion rate. 

They did hold them scoreless on their final drive… 

I was at the game in person and the stats tell you exactly what happened. They had trouble moving the ball and were aided by short fields. If we didn’t gift them the ball on the 18 and a defensive TD… it would’ve been FG and punts all day. They weren’t going to sustain drives - Josh Allen helped them out a ***** ton. 

Cause being at the game tells a different story than watching on tv gotcha👍 I guess you were at the bathroom when Waddle dropped an easy 60 yard toss and run for a TD along with Hill out of character dropping balls. Tell me are you impressed that the Bills stopped a 3rd string Qb in his first playoff game? I bet you are,  that tells us more than the stats you gave do.

It’s  really impressive that so many of you are satisfied with level of play our defense came up with against a team decimated by injuries on the road in a seriously hostile environment.  Going down to the last two minutes to secure victory. 

• Eyeroll 1

44 minutes ago, par73 said:

Time for a fresh look and new perspective. Not sure if that happens , though, if McDermott just assumes the duties. Hope there is an outside hire.

McDermott is not going to let someone take his defense over that doesn’t share his own views.

Leslie Frazier deserves a lot of blame for our disappointing playoff exits the last 4 seasons.

Does he deserve all the blame?  Does he deserve most of the blame?  That's a tough question to answer, because nobody really knows how much of the decision-making falls on him vs. Sean McDermott.

Also... replacing a coach is only a good thing IF you can manage to land an upgrade.  This does not seem to be a planned exit by our front office.  And at this point, most of the better options have been snatched up.  Which is not ideal at all.

I understand why many fans are excited.  But I'm not so sure.

7 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Leslie Frazier deserves a lot of blame for our disappointing playoff exits the last 4 seasons.

Does he deserve all the blame?  Does he deserve most of the blame?  That's a tough question to answer, because nobody really knows how much of the decision-making falls on him vs. Sean McDermott.

Also... replacing a coach is only a good thing IF you can manage to land an upgrade.  This does not seem to be a planned exit by our front office.  And at this point, most of the better options have been snatched up.  Which is not ideal at all.

Agree with your points but I think it was planned, the Holcomb hire.  

6 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Oh, this hasn't happened without the Bills having a plan.  If they didn't think that the plan for the future is something that promises to make things better, the Bills wouldn't have let Frazier take the time off.   They would have made him an offer he couldn't refuse, in a monetary and workload sense.   The Bills have a plan, for sure.   Beyond that, it just seems like there's no way this was anything but an orchestrated way to let Frazier down gently.   If it wasn't initiated by the Bills, it certainly was encouraged.   

As someone else suggested, and apparently Beane intimated, is that part of the plan is that McDermott will be more involved.  

10 hours ago, arcane said:

The defense was excellent in the Ravens game. It was good in the Dolphins and Pats games. It was bad in the Bengals game, and horrific against two chiefs teams. The first chiefs loss had a lot to do with the DL issues that caused our defense to be gashed all year, they weren't a good unit that season. And a lot of players had deer in headlight moments that game. I don't really pin that one on coaching, that was a team learning what that big moment is like. 

But I'm happy to move on as well, I just think Bills fans take things far too extreme when they like or don't like something 

The histrionics on this board this offseason have been as unbearable as they are hyperbolic

“unbearable”

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This entire offseason feels like a new beginning now. Fraizer has held us back for 3 full seasons, this is the best thing imaginable for us. Never thought it would happen. I think we can finish this whole thing now. Thank god this happened 

who called the timeouts during 13 seconds allowing KC to adjust. There’s audio to go with the video in case you need more proof 

Anyone believe Leslie Frazier is returning to coaching after a year off?

Why does this organization continue to lack transparency with its fan base?

I understand withholding certain things, but not in a situation like last year after 13 seconds and now this offseason starts with them straight up lying to us. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This entire offseason feels like a new beginning now. Fraizer has held us back for 3 full seasons, this is the best thing imaginable for us. Never thought it would happen. I think we can finish this whole thing now. Thank god this happened 

yeah I’m cautiously optimistic here.  We could do a LOT worse than Frazier.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.