Leslie Frazier "taking a year off from coaching" per Bills PR

Roundybout

Frazier is a class act of a person.  Good defensive mind.  Consistently had top flight defenses in the regular season.

However, we are no longer a regular season accomplishment team.. It's all about the Playoffs, and in the Playoffs his defense has been a massive letdown.  

It was time to part ways and thank him for his service to this team and applaud the ambassador he was for the Buffalo Bills. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This thread is sad. Never seen a classy guy who  constantly had a top 10 unit get so much hate. 

celebrating a good guy not doing the thing he loves to do (and not knowing the reason) seems like very bad mojo. 

Top ten don’t cut it and the job wasn’t getting done. I don’t think anyone is wishing him ill, just glad he can find his bliss with another organization.   I’m one of his biggest detractors but believe he’s a good guy.  Just not a gods enough coach and he cost us big too many times. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

WHOA. Who gives up a DC job in the NFL to take some time off? It smells of trouble of some sort. Not a decision I would expect unless it was an issue more important than football.

Well Now our team Does need to hire someone new. Im surprised personally. I hope all works out okay with whatever caused this decision.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

What was Bills average last 3 post seasons again?

You are deflecting.  The fact is that very few defenses look great throughout the playoffs consistently.  I certainly hope the Bills improve their defense and perform better next post season.  I am simply stating that you can pick apart almost any defense when they are playing the best teams in the playoffs.

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What a word salad now I wish I wouldn’t of asked

I bet you’re a conspiracy guy aren’t you?

Reid’s actions in front of the owners were documented by Peter King.  He’s one of the most respected reporters in the game. Kim’s internal memo is widely available. Beane himself admitted what I said about Azaria during his press conference about it. Not exactly conspiracy theory stuff…hahaha

Answer these questions below:

1) Does this move sound like that of Super Bowl contending team?

2) Are the Chiefs and Bengals concerned about this move or are they laughing?

Just now, muppy said:

WHOA. Who gives up a DC job in the NFL to take some time off? It smells of trouble of some sort. Not a decision I would expect unless it was an issue more important than football.

Well Now our team Does need to hire someone new. Im surprised personally. I hope all works out okay with whatever caused this decision.

He will be 64 in a month.  It isn't like some 30 year old guy just walked away from a job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Frazier stubbornly stuck to his plans.  He showed no ability or desire to adapt.  When the plan worked it resulted in elite play.  13-3.  When the scheme was figured out or simply outplayed they got wrecked as he just refused to adjust.  13 seconds.  Bengals game, when he got torched for almost two full drives and didn't change a thing for the playoff game.

He's a great DC, who can gameplan well and get the most out of his talent.  However, his critical fault is being unable to adjust if his scheme is overcome.  In a playoff system where one loss eliminates you, we're going to get tripped up somewhere each time, be it a collapse like 13 seconds, or a beatdown like the Bengals game.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Behindenemylines said:

Top ten don’t cut it and the job wasn’t getting done. I don’t think anyone is wishing him ill, just glad he can find his bliss with another organization.   I’m one of his biggest detractors but believe he’s a good guy.  Just not a gods enough coach and he cost us big too many times. 

We will miss him more than we we think.  He’s kind of like Edmunds to me.  Better than his detractors think.  Probably not as good as his proponents believe.  Overall he did a really good job.  

But, philosophically, it probably was time for a change, or at least for a fresh set of eyes.  

Just now, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

You are deflecting.  The fact is that very few defenses look great throughout the playoffs consistently.  I certainly hope the Bills improve their defense and perform better next post season.  I am simply stating that you can pick apart almost any defense when they are playing the best teams in the playoffs.

So that doesn’t make a lot of sense if consistently good defenses are not consistently good through the playoffs, then why are we bitching about our defense which did just that?

Anyway, it’s done let’s just see what they do next

1 minute ago, dancing_joker said:

Reid’s actions in front of the owners were documented by Peter King.  He’s one of the most respected reporters in the game. Kim’s internal memo is widely available. Beane himself admitted what I said about Azaria during his press conference about it. Not exactly conspiracy theory stuff…hahaha

Answer these questions below:

1) Does this move sound like that of Super Bowl contending team?

2) Are the Chiefs and Bengals concerned about this move or are they laughing?

1 we don’t know

2 we don’t know

but I’m sure you’re going to tell us

24 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This thread is sad. Never seen a classy guy who  constantly had a top 10 unit get so much hate. 

celebrating a good guy not doing the thing he loves to do (and not knowing the reason) seems like very bad mojo. 

Bills fans got spoiled and are quickly turning in Pats Fans at record speed.

• Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I don’t think anyone expects the bills defence to be great against Great QBs.

But just get SOME stops

Cincis defence over the last two years in the playoffs is a prime example in my opinion

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Yeah but some get picked apart much worse than others...and Bills defense has been one of the worst in the playoffs the last 2 or 3 years. I think you can agree with that much I would think

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Red King said:

Frazier stubbornly stuck to his plans.  He showed no ability or desire to adapt.  When the plan worked it resulted in elite play.  13-3.  When the scheme was figured out or simply outplayed they got wrecked as he just refused to adjust.  13 seconds.  Bengals game, when he got torched for almost two full drives and didn't change a thing for the playoff game.

He's a great DC, who can gameplan well and get the most out of his talent.  However, his critical fault is being unable to adjust if his scheme is overcome.  In a playoff system where one loss eliminates you, we're going to get tripped up somewhere each time, be it a collapse like 13 seconds, or a beatdown like the Bengals game.

I hated the Bengals game.  I thought we were in trouble when I saw the inactives and Benford on the list.  Not enough corners dressed and headed for too much zone.   First play Burrow looked at Edmunds (over Chase, I believe) and threw right at him.   Easy pitch and catch, just like the rest of the day.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.