Leslie Frazier "taking a year off from coaching" per Bills PR

Roundybout

I mean you guys are giving Frazier way too much blame and not nearly enough to Brandon Beane. No one forced the Bills to be in the loaded  QB conference with an entire secondary of sub 4.5-4.6 players, and have exactly one drafted plus DE over the last 5 years in Groot. 

Ftazier can only the personnel he’s given and that personell grouping was hugely flawed and Frazier probably had them playing above their athletic talent levels for vast majority of the last 3 years.

Like the lack of pro bowl nods isn’t necessarily a lack of respect. It’s also an acknowledgment of the level of physical talent this team has on defense.  

So I guess be careful for what you wish for, because you might just get it

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You know the yellow line isn’t always accurate, right? 😉

Hey, I’m trying to work with you guys here 🤓

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

When Schwartz got signed awhile back I was initially in "aww shucks" mode.

...I am back in aww shucks mode right now.

I don’t think Jim Schwartz was ever an option His defense is just two different.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, appoo said:

I mean you guys are giving Frazier way too much blame and not nearly enough to Brandon Beane. No one forced the Bills to be in the loaded  QB conference with an entire secondary of sub 4.5-4.6 players, and have exactly one drafted plus DE over the last 5 years in Groot. 

Ftazier can only the personnel he’s given and that personell grouping was hugely flawed and Frazier probably had them playing above their athletic talent levels for vast majority of the last 3 years.

Like the lack of pro bowl nods isn’t necessarily a lack of respect. It’s also an acknowledgment of the level of physical talent this team has on defense.  

Funny. Though I think Beane is at fault for some of his defensive draft choices, I think you’re giving Frazier too much credit. It’s his job to coach up and maximize the players’ talents. I see none of that in Buffalo, only the same stale cover 2 plug and play scheme he rolls out each game.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Chaos said:

image.thumb.png.fff7ad51b273ad8aa085a384fb4e3f98.png

This team is broken.  Its fixable. But it is broken right now. 

You are getting some shade, but I think when you factor we need a MLB and a new strong safety , w head coach. Plus, seeing the issues we had after Von went down , you are not wrong. 

Lots of huge questions about how Tre bounces back, Von, the DTs DEs, yes...we are not good to go. We will need to make some moves and have a great off season. 

MLB should be the QB of the defense and we are headed into the league year without.

Edited by RichRiderBills

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Well there you have your scapegoat now everybody can relax a little bit

Leslie doesn’t need you to defend him, he has been a good regular season DC, the record says as much, but come playoff time his scheme showed to be lacking, repeatedly, and as is the norm in the NFL, he was shown the door, in a gracious manor by his boss. 

Maybe if we are fortunate, McDermott has seen the light and realizes that the  defense needs schematic help, and we all know Leslie was not going to make adjustments, he never has, so it is what it is, Leslie retires a rich man, with a fine reputation. All is good. 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Yeah, I heard Beane only drafts guys to stand back 10-12 yards when the other team needs 5.  

The DC wasn't putting his players in positions to be effective during critical downs. You can argue that the players are subpar, but they were basically put in situations that were doomed from the get go. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Scheme doesn't need to change, simply the way they call it in big games in the playoffs.  

this depends on who they get... If they find a way to bring a well named DC in the house then its his defense... Not McD.    Will McD have his voice in things yes! but unless its another first or second year student? EXPECT changes....

32 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

They’ll promote someone internally and it’ll be the same bend but don’t break, vanilla defense.

This is McDermott’s defense, he just needs a straw man to run it.

I’m not being defeatist, that’s just what it is.

You're not being a defeatist...you're being a realist.

• Like (+1) 2

Wow! This is a bit of a surprise. I hope it's not any kind of health issue etc.....however I'm excited to move forward in a different direction regarding the defense and DC.

I do wish him well and thankful for the certain things he was able to accomplish, but in any event I felt it was time to move on

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Chad Hall wants to be an OC and didn’t see a path towards that here. I’m not too worried about that one.

What’s the quicker path to OC, Dorsey being fired or Super Bowl winning OC/Head Coach Doug Pederson being fired?  This wasn’t about a quicker path to OC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.