What was the one play that made you fall in love with the Buffalo Bills?

PrimeTime101

IDK why but it was Tim Tindale's (!) 44 yard TD run against the Dolphins (Wild Card game 1995) that sealed it for me. Not so much the play, but the total joy among players, fans, coaches.  You could feel the... love. I was already a Bills fan but that made me hardcore till now. So as a guy from Quebec I had to suffer the drought and the insufferable more numerous Cheats fan ha ha. No regrets. 

Edited by Jerome007

This is a great thread. Nice job OP.

Started following in 1980. 

I have a few

1. The 1980 Dolphins goal posts coming down

2. Ferguson playing on a bum ankle against the Chargers

3. Bills clinch AFC in OT against the Jets - I've posted many times how I was there that day

4. Kelly QB draw on last play against the Dolphins 

If I have to narrow it down to one play, it is Kelly scoring at Miami on the last play. That play and all the good and bad ones to follow would define my reality for years to come.

23 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

here is one

Born into it. Brought home in a Bills blanket and wasn’t given a choice. But my first real memory is standing outside then rich stadium with my dad holding me in a wind storm. Was maybe 3-4 years old and we weren’t even playing that day but in that moment I knew how much I loved this team. Go Bills! 

I'd watched games with my step dad for a few years but was more of a "casual" fan.  We went to one pre season game a year and that was it.  I was on tickets to the Rams Monday nighter in 1989 and watching Frank Reich in the last two minutes if that game had me hooked.  We then started going to one regular season game every year...including the As Sunday night game against the Raiders, and the Doug Flutie naked boot leg.  

Each play fueled my obsession and I've upgraded to season tickets 15 years ago and plan on keeping them for life.

Definitely don't have "1 play" that made me a fan!

I was born into it, like most of us.

The first season I remember well was 1980.

We won the AFC East after years of being lousy, went out to SD, and crushed my soul in a playoff loss.

It's been mostly rinse and repeat since.

LOL

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Definitely don't have "1 play" that made me a fan!

I was born into it, like most of us.

The first season I remember well was 1980.

We won the AFC East after years of being lousy, went out to SD, and crushed my soul in a playoff loss.

It's been mostly rinse and repeat since.

LOL

This is me exactly. I’m 49 and was born in Buffalo Children’s Hospital. I was born to it’s I also remember going to Kay Stevenson”s last game against the Vikings. The fans were wearing bags over their heads and singing “Good Bye Kay” as the clock ticked down on yet another loss. I was also at Jim Kelly’s first start as a Bill. I remember him falling down, popping back up, and throwing a TD pass. 

10 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

The final kneel down when we win the Super Bowl

You know it’s funny; it’s all of the many heartbreaking losses that have ultimately cemented me as a Bills fan. Whenever I’m watching ANY sporting event my wife will ask me “Who are you rooting for?”. My response is always the same: “The underdog, of course!”

GO BILLS 

• Like (+1) 1

There wasn't one play that made me a Bills fan, it was a series of choices/events in my formative years. But the tipping of the scale was O.J. 

Since I'm out of market, I didn't overtly push my Bills fandom on to my boys - but it took anyway. Kind of felt bad to subject them to all the bad teams I follow but watching the Tyler Boyd drought-breaking play live together was amazing and we've been enjoying the ride ever since.  I've never loved the Bills more than now cuz I get to share the joy and misery with them.

• Like (+1) 1

It wasn't any 1 play, but I'll go with "the hit heard 'round the world". I wonder how many are old enough to remember it.

20 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:
Booth Lusteg (University of Connecticut) missing a 23 yard field goal with six seconds left to beat the San Diego Chargers at War Memorial on October 16, 1966, after Buffalo rallied from a 17-0 deficit to tie. Even with that heartbreaker, Buffalo made it to the AFL Championship that season.

After that miss, some Bills fans spotted Booth Lustig walking on Chippewa Ave. They got out of the car and beat him up.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.