Season Ticket Holders...What are you doing when the new stadium opens?

BillsPride12

Season Ticket Holders...What are you doing when the new stadium opens?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. In or Out?

• Keeping Season Tickets
    • Dropping Season Tickets
    • Waiting to see what the damage is gonna be
    • Undecided

Plan on keeping my seats. I’m upper deck so PSL’s should be at a minimum.  If ticket prices are unaffordable, I’d grab a season at the very least and see what happens next.  Don’t know how opting out at a later season plays out with a PSL.  Are they transferable?  Or does the organization get in on it and force new owners to purchase PSL’s and you are out of luck with what you’ve spent.

My worry is seat distribution.   Do you get a shot at your own seats, or as close as you can get (knowing the footprint is different)?  Or is it by seniority and the higher senior ticket holders can choose seats anywhere? With PSL cost, will those in the lower bowl choose upper deck because of lower PSL cost?

History - I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years.  I live 3-4 hours away and typically make it to 4-5 home games, all playoffs and one road trip per year.

It really comes down to the PSL price for me.  As it is now, during the recent playoff years I've been able to sell off unused tickets with a reasonable expectation that I'd recoup most or all of their prorated value.  Before that, I'd end up donating tickets to the United Way, because it was a better value than selling for $10 (but my tickets were 30-40% less than they are now.   If the PSL fee isn't astronomical I'll probably keep them, so I have automatic options for playoffs.  If it's 5k+ per seat for lower bowls, I'll pick 2 - 3 home games per year, one road trip and buy playoffs on the secondary market.

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

You would be stupid not to keep first year.  Resale will be ridiculous that first year.

If the PSL triples or quadruples your cost basis, it will be hard to recoup that it one year.  The resale value of PSL has been historically poor.  You may only recoup a fraction of what it cost you in the future.

47 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

History - I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 20 years.  I live 3-4 hours away and typically make it to 4-5 home games, all playoffs and one road trip per year.

It really comes down to the PSL price for me.  As it is now, during the recent playoff years I've been able to sell off unused tickets with a reasonable expectation that I'd recoup most or all of their prorated value.  Before that, I'd end up donating tickets to the United Way, because it was a better value than selling for $10 (but my tickets were 30-40% less than they are now.   If the PSL fee isn't astronomical I'll probably keep them, so I have automatic options for playoffs.  If it's 5k+ per seat for lower bowls, I'll pick 2 - 3 home games per year, one road trip and buy playoffs on the secondary market.

If the PSL triples or quadruples your cost basis, it will be hard to recoup that it one year.  The resale value of PSL has been historically poor.  You may only recoup a fraction of what it cost you in the future.

PSL will be really low in Buffalo.  Wouldn't surprise me in 300s, it right around a grand.  I know people that made over 2k on their tickets this year.

4 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

PSL will be really low in Buffalo.  Wouldn't surprise me in 300s, it right around a grand.  I know people that made over 2k on their tickets this year.

It will be much higher then that. According to the Sports Business Journal, 

Bills season-ticket holders got a look at what a personal seat license "might cost in the new stadium when the team emailed a survey on the potential design, amenities and seating options" for the $1.4B stadium, starting at $500 for general seating -and reaching "as high as $16,500 for premier seat

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I will be watching all you rich people at the stadium on my 12" black and white Zenith TV

12 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Your rich? I have a Magnavox

Elitist bastages! 🤬

I have a Maytag.   And I often have to hit the side of it to get the horizontal hold back. 🙁

11 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

It will be much higher then that. According to the Sports Business Journal, 

Bills season-ticket holders got a look at what a personal seat license "might cost in the new stadium when the team emailed a survey on the potential design, amenities and seating options" for the $1.4B stadium, starting at $500 for general seating -and reaching "as high as $16,500 for premier seat

You contradict yourself.  How will it be much higher than a grand for 300 level and then in the article it says 500 for general seating?

6 hours ago, davefan66 said:

My worry is seat distribution.   Do you get a shot at your own seats, or as close as you can get (knowing the footprint is different)?  Or is it by seniority and the higher senior ticket holders can choose seats anywhere? With PSL cost, will those in the lower bowl choose upper deck because of lower PSL cost?

I'm guessing some in the lower bowl will chose the upper decks simply to get out of the elements. If you want to sit close to the action, you have to contend with the rain/sleet/snow.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.