Have you ever "blacked out" driving?

Royale with Cheese

15 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I’m a bit confused here so permit me one question.  

The plan was to go to McD’s, grab some food, turn around and go home?  Should that be like 10 or 15 minutes round trip?  Or, was McD on the way to your next stop, planned route but you just sort of zone ld out for most of it? 

Ok, 3 questions +\-. 

I was going to go get food, turnaround and come home.  But instead, I got on 3 highways.

All jokes aside, if it was me, I'd schedule a little checkup with the doc just to make sure there were no cognitive issues or anything to be concerned about.

It was probably nothing, as you say. Just stress or exhaustion or paint fumes. 

The problem is, what if it was more than that? And what if you HADN'T functioned normally and safely during the time that you were "blacked out"? That's where the danger to yourself and others potentially comes in.

Probably nothing, but I'd see a doc and get that peace of mind, personally.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was going to go get food, turnaround and come home.  But instead, I got on 3 highways.

Thanks for responding, at first I thought you were going from point A to point B, and just lost 30 minutes with your mind wandering from thought to thought. 

I'm no doctor, but in and of itself, that would be something I'd speak with a doctor about.  That said, it sure seems interesting that it happened right after exposure to fumes and painting.  That can be some nasty stuff.  Seems an awful lot like it just buzzed the %^%$ out of you. 

One other quick question--any chance you were exposed to lead paint in the reno prior to this happening?  I had a friend back in the day who developed issues after repeated exposure to lead paint.  I also worked with a man who had exposure to paint fumes from his days in a body shop that really impacted his memory.  Again--both from long term exposure. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Thanks for responding, at first I thought you were going from point A to point B, and just lost 30 minutes with your mind wandering from thought to thought. 

I'm no doctor, but in and of itself, that would be something I'd speak with a doctor about.  That said, it sure seems interesting that it happened right after exposure to fumes and painting.  That can be some nasty stuff.  Seems an awful lot like it just buzzed the %^%$ out of you. 

One other quick question--any chance you were exposed to lead paint in the reno prior to this happening?  I had a friend back in the day who developed issues after repeated exposure to lead paint.  I also worked with a man who had exposure to paint fumes from his days in a body shop that really impacted his memory.  Again--both from long term exposure. 

Not lead paint...eggshell lol.

I have been really tired the last couple weeks.  I've been renovating my own house along with repairing my rental.  I'm zombie tired usually at the end of the day and that's when I went to get food.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not lead paint...eggshell lol.

I have been really tired the last couple weeks.  I've been renovating my own house along with repairing my rental.  I'm zombie tired usually at the end of the day and that's when I went to get food.

Have you had Covid? Any other "brain fog" symptoms... Even after the virus became undetectable?

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

They stopped putting lead in paint like in 1977. 

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I haven't read the original post in a while. He wasn't sanding old paint or eating the chips... He was putting new paint on. 😏 

I was careful not to ask him if he was eating paint chips, I don’t know the man and that’s his business.  Admittedly I read he was doing a “reno” and did not automatically go to “paint only, post 1977 construction”.   I figured tear out, tear down, dust, flakes, etc. 

I renovated a house a couple years ago, built after WW2, the lady was a collector who took over the house from her parents who were collectors too.  Lead paint under aluminum siding and in upstairs rooms, asbestos in floor tile, ceiling tile, insulation, and wrapped around pipes in basement.  I recognize the issue as it relates to long term exposure and tried to be clear on that, but in keeping with the facts of his drive I just wondered.  

And now you’ve got me nervous about this whole thing,  @Royale with Cheese don’t eat any more paint chips if you are holding back on any of  the details. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was careful not to ask him if he was eating paint chips, I don’t know the man and that’s his business.  Admittedly I read he was doing a “reno” and did not automatically go to “paint only, post 1977 construction”.   I figured tear out, tear down, dust, flakes, etc. 

I renovated a house a couple years ago, built after WW2, the lady was a collector who took over the house from her parents who were collectors too.  Lead paint under aluminum siding and in upstairs rooms, asbestos in floor tile, ceiling tile, insulation, and wrapped around pipes in basement.  I recognize the issue as it relates to long term exposure and tried to be clear on that, but in keeping with the facts of his drive I just wondered.  

And now you’ve got me nervous about this whole thing,  @Royale with Cheese don’t eat any more paint chips if you are holding back on any of  the details. 

Yeah... I went back and re-read op... Not sure if it's an older home. 

@Royale with Cheese is it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.