Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

46 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

This brings tears of joy to my heart. I’m so glad that we have an owner who is not only committed to winning, but is committed to Buffalo. God bless the entire Pegula family.

Based on the general tone of this thread, I can’t tell if this is sincere or sarcasm. Doesn’t matter, great post 😄

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

I love your jokes Fergy. They are truly hilarious. Made me chuckle. Until the very end. When you said we need to improve it to attract real football fans. The fact is that with the prices of the new stadium, people that spend that kind of money will want some comfort. I’ve been to hundreds of games at RWS and I can say that I absolutely love my experiences there. And regardless what some here say, spending $8k a year on a pair of tickets for 8 games is too much. I suppose there are people that will pay for it. Of course they will. But the fact is that those people are not the same people that everyone thinks of when they talk about Bills Mafia. They are a whine and cheese crowd in the preferred Bills parking lots that pull into the lot at 11am with their Escalades and Navigators. That’s fine. And I’ll likely be buying seats in the new stadium in some capacity. But let’s not get it confused who the Bills are targeting with this new stadium. They say they want to keep it affordable for people in the area, and continue to have Bills fans attend games, all while pricing the vast majority of fans out right out of the blocks.

Which is what my issue is from the start. sure I can pay for tickets. But do I really want to spend $1000 every time I go to a game? Maybe if I wasn’t freezing my ass off while I was there it would make it easier to stomach that. 

I think the bigger problem is what the majority would have wanted considering tax payer funds are paying for it. If Pegula would have built it himself then nobody has any argument in any of this. But it’s tax payer money and it feels like they shorted the tax payers on what we could have had for the money. But what am I thinking, expecting people in power in NYS care about their constituents. 

So someone mentioned this earlier…what do you believe the ‘majority would’ve wanted’? And…Did that manifest itself in the results of the survey the Bills took? I remember many wanting an open air venue. Please know that I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it seems to me that some on here are personally disappointed because what they ‘wanted’ isn’t happening. Unfortunately that’s going to happen with these sorts of projects. You can’t please everyone. I just wish people would let it play itself out. The architectural firm is very talented. Let them do their jobs. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So here’s the thing. I’ve designed literally hundreds of publicly funded projects and not once did we ask every single person if they liked how it looked. Now, you’re more than welcome to express your opinion…seriously. But neither the Bills, nor the State/County are under any obligation to seek your approval on the aesthetics of the project.

Sorry.

well see, Einstein is very, VERY experienced in “business”, which he will remind you of if you forget. And as such, being  very, VERY much a businessman, he knows more about anything than you, Mr. Architect, could ever comprehend. Including stadiums and democracy, apparently.

Also his name is Einstein 🤭

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So here’s the thing. I’ve designed literally hundreds of publicly funded projects and not once did we ask every single person if they liked how it looked. Now, you’re more than welcome to express your opinion…seriously. But neither the Bills, nor the State/County are under any obligation to seek your approval on the aesthetics of the project.

Sorry.

You not doing something doesn’t make it right.

Just like someone sucker punching a granny but getting away with it doesn’t make it right.

Not sure how you could think you working on publicly funding projects and not having to get public approval somehow makes it right.

Taxpayers are absolutely owed a stadium they approve of. We are paying for it. It is OUR stadium. The Bills are leasing it from US. They don’t own it nor maintain it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

well see, Einstein is very, VERY experienced in “business”, which he will remind you of if you forget. And as such, being  very, VERY much a businessman, he knows more about anything than you, Mr. Architect, could ever comprehend. Including stadiums and democracy, apparently.

Also his name is Einstein 🤭

I’m confident that he also gave his personal stamp of approval to the design of the local library, post office, elementary school, community center, sewer line, and road repaving project…after all…democracy…or something like that. 

Einstein, please know that I’m just having fun here. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m confident that he also gave his personal stamp of approval to the design of the local library, post office, elementary school, community center, sewer line, and road repaving project…after all…democracy…or something like that. 

Oh i’m known around the town hall meetings :)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

ugh. I know. I really hope the Bills and Populous release the full, 3D fly through of the whole thing soon. I know (thanks to you) that these renders are caps of the actual model, but they still are limited to the angles they’re capped at. 

I’m sure when that full presentation is out, the same people will complain even harder. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Not long ago you were all happy to be elbowing each other out of the way to clear 5 inches of room at the piss trough and now you're too good for a modern NFL stadium?!? Shame on you, BillsMafia.  Shame on you!

At least the piss trough were something iconic from the Ralph.   People will have more lasting memories of that than the milquetoast new stadium we're getting.  Now if they put piss troughs at each individual seat, all will be forgiven.

14 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So someone mentioned this earlier…what do you believe the ‘majority would’ve wanted’? And…Did that manifest itself in the results of the survey the Bills took? I remember many wanting an open air venue. Please know that I don’t have a dog in this fight, but it seems to me that some on here are personally disappointed because what they ‘wanted’ isn’t happening. Unfortunately that’s going to happen with these sorts of projects. You can’t please everyone. I just wish people would let it play itself out. The architectural firm is very talented. Let them do their jobs. 

I don’t believe the survey the bills took had anything to do with wants of the new stadium. Only a way to generate an amount of money that people will pay before pushing them too much. At least that’s the survey I received. Never was I asked in any survey if I’d prefer a dome vs open air. Or never was I asked if I wanted covered or heated seats. I was only asked if which seats, which I would prefer. The way they asked the questions in the survey were just there to find out how much they could push everyone as far as possible to pay as much as possible. 

I think it would be pretty close to split between dome or not. But I bet the vast majority of fans that thought it would be open air, much of the fan base would be covered. Just like Tottenheim stadium. Just like they advertised it at first. Barely covering half of the fans is far from what they originally stated. They also didn’t mention that the majority of seats that are covered and heated will be high priced club seats. We expected much of that but not all of that. At least I did. It’s disappointing to say the least. Time will tell I guess. Hope I’m wrong about all of it. I hope there’s many covered and heated seats that don’t price out many people that are looking for that now. But clubs in the current stadium are roughly $2500+ a season per ticket. That’s before the 12% increase across the board this year. And that’s before the new stadium is built. Many assume ticket prices will double once the new stadium is here. I expect at least double if not triple. If we’re talking about 5k-7500 a ticket, I think it’s too much. Again, unlike others here want to say some can’t afford it. It’s not the point. It’s not about if they can’t afford it, it’s about if they should. And it’s about those prices, essentially pricing out a huge majority of Bills fans that go to games now. There’s reasons why they made the venue smaller. Because they have a hard time filling the stadium now as it is. Then add in the increased ticket prices and you will have serious issues. Especially in the winter time when they almost never sell out games despite what people want to say. 

7 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

ugh. I know. I really hope the Bills and Populous release the full, 3D fly through of the whole thing soon. I know (thanks to you) that these renders are caps of the actual model, but they still are limited to the angles they’re capped at. 

I’m sure when that full presentation is out, the same people will complain even harder. 

Damn right we will 

5 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Can anyone define exactly what would have made "everyone" happy???

A roof over 95% of the stadium with a special cold box section for the diehard fans that like to sit in freezing rain, sleet and snow and 30 mph winds 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Looks like a bedpan, very uninspired 

“Just shut up and pay for it” - some people

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Says more about your proclivities than the architects’, to be honest.

You gotta admit…

bedpan.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

A roof over 95% of the stadium with a special cold box section for the diehard fans that like to sit in freezing rain, sleet and snow and 30 mph winds 

How much extra do I have to pay to sit in “The Element Zone”?  

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Just shut up and pay for it” - some people

This is the best way to sum it all up. If it was anyone here buying a new $60k car, everyone would be looking at features, comfort, power, etc. but since the state, county, city, and team have deemed this is what we are getting we should all just shut up and accept it. Especially people that don’t even live here, or don’t attend games on a regular basis. 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

How much extra do I have to pay to sit in “The Element Zone”?  

Austin Powers One Million Dollars GIF

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

if i pay $10 more per game, can I get snow machines blowing right in my face? 

For just a little bit more you can get an ice bath with the player of your choice and Mr Kraft if you have the special offer code. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

This is the best way to sum it all up. If it was anyone here buying a new $60k car, everyone would be looking at features, comfort, power, etc. but since the state, county, city, and team have deemed this is what we are getting we should all just shut up and accept it. Especially people that don’t even live here, or don’t attend games on a regular basis. 

Austin Powers One Million Dollars GIF

No, it’s the worst way to sum it all up and that’s not surprising because Einstein always does that. You have direct control over what car you buy and what options you want. That’s a 1 to 1 transaction. This is representative, not direct democracy. You (even a collective amount of angry “yous” that can’t get your dome) have no say in the planning or design of a public building built on public lands, beyond your power to vote in or out the people that eventually make those decisions. 

you can complain, sure. But if you’re really that bent about it, complain to the people that matter. Or vote with your wallet and cancel your seats. And not just for the new stadium, cancel them immediately.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

It would be great if a taxpayer paid-for stadium had a public vote, yes. That’s how democracy works. 

Tax payers pay for schools.  They pay for the building, teachers salaries, janitor salaries, lab equipment, athletics etc…

Does that mean the tax payers should get to have a say in how the staff is structured, the curriculum taught and who runs any department?

That would really suck if you’re interviewing for a Football coaching position and your interview panel is 300,000 people.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.