Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

17 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Yeah, I've read that about Tottenham.  I'm only seeing a few similarities however.  And why aren't they releasing more renderings.  If they're getting close to ground-breaking then the archtectural renderings are already long done.  I don't understand why they won't put more out, particularly of the concourses etc.  

I'm less into those modern impressions than most are, someone mentioned Lucas Oil Stadium, which IMO as I mentioned would look a lot better in Orchard Park than this thing.  That brick facade just seems to fit the region better.  I guess to me, being the Finger Lakes region and all, more or less over there, something more traditional would fit in better.  The existing pics look as if they'd fit better downtown.  

I forgot about one thing that you implied, I keep forgetting that Rich is primarily underground but that the new one will be entirely above ground.  That alone will make a huge impression that people should be able to see from notably farther away even with the lightly rolling terrain.  

Pegula needs to sign the lease extension too.  

Architectural style is definitely in the eye of the beholder. I'm guessing the Pegulas wanted to break away from the industrial-style motif that many mentioned they like at Indianapolis. And, as I mentioned in an earlier email, I'm guessing that they're not quite happy with the interior Concourse designs yet....but based on the higher quality image of this latest aerial rendering, we should see something really, really soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Like a lot of folks in this thread, I also think the new place is "nothing special", and am also on the "they should be building a dome" bandwagon. LOL

Sure, it'll be new, and anything new is usually cool, but it's akin to buying a new house built by KB Homes or Pulte. 🙄

The way that the Pegulas are getting everybody but them to pay for it is also astounding. Like someone already said in this thread, NY taxpayers are paying a ransom to keep the Bills in WNY. With the PSLs, when all is said & done, will the Pegulas be paying anything at all toward this new place?

So I’ve tried to remain positive this entire time with the stadium design. I keep telling myself that at least we have a stadium coming and we didn’t move, etc… However, this is a lower tier college stadium design. I like college football and this design is eerily similar to McClane stadium in Waco Texas (for Baylor). If this was for the university of Buffalo, I would understand the design 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, major said:

So I’ve tried to remain positive this entire time with the stadium design. I keep telling myself that at least we have a stadium coming and we didn’t move, etc… However, this is a lower tier college stadium design. I like college football and this design is eerily similar to McClane stadium in Waco Texas (for Baylor). If this was for the university of Buffalo, I would understand the design 

Yep it has seats and a field alright. 😉 Other than that I’m definitely not seeing the Baylor connection…and I was just in Waco a few months ago. 

17 minutes ago, major said:

You can disapprove of it not having a dome, but to say this Stadium reminds you of a college stadium is ludicrous. 

And Baylor? Come on man. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/25/2023 at 8:49 PM, Wacka said:

Saw something pertaining to a dome on the news this week. Minneapolis was expecting a record snowfall of 25 inches. The previous record was 17 inches. That's the one that deflated the dome. How much($)  and thick would a dome be to survive a 77 inch snowfall ?

SU has a dome they just replaced. Maybe Bills should call SU before they throw the old one out

On 2/25/2023 at 8:49 PM, Wacka said:

Saw something pertaining to a dome on the news this week. Minneapolis was expecting a record snowfall of 25 inches. The previous record was 17 inches. That's the one that deflated the dome. How much($)  and thick would a dome be to survive a 77 inch snowfall ?

KeyBank would pry be the blueprint.  I got a kick out of this tweet.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I thought only offense FA skill players cared 😕

“It would nice to be warm,” Poyer said today. 

We are stupid to build open in the snow rain wind tundra. This is an IQ test for WNY. 

No. No, it is not. Unless, of course, you have an extra billion or so to throw into the pot. 

Here’s a test for you:  how do Cleveland, Pittsburg, Chicago, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Jets, Giants and Cheaters*, and Kansas City survive? It’s just a financial reality. . 

It will NOT be a dome. Get over it. That ship has sailed. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

No way that roof overhang keeps 65% of seats dry

That’s because that roof overhang isn’t responsible for keeping 65% of the stadium seats dry. It will likely cover about half of the 500 level seats. Then you will have levels 200, 300, and 400 that will have over 50% of the seats covered and heated just like the club seats in the current stadium. Then you’ll have a few overhangs in the end zones in multiple levels, as well as a few spots in the 100s that are also covered by an overhang with heat. 

the misconception is that the roof overhangs will keep “62%” (a number confirmed by the Bills at one point) fry. It won’t. So just like the club seats now, unless you plan on bucking up big money for a club type seat, good luck getting out of the elements. 

this is my biggest issue with the stadium. I’ve been a ST holder for 17 years. If I’m going to spend the kind of money they want to charge for the new seats and PSLs, I want to be dry and warm while I’m there. 

my personal opinion is that a huge number of Bills Mafia will be priced out of season tickets. Which I also think may be a good thing. The nfl, the team, the city, doesn’t want drunk 20 year olds jumping through flaming tables and doing butt chugs in the parking lots before games. Making the entire fan base look like a bunch of Neanderthals that just got out of moms basement for the first time. They want families feeling safe and spending entire paychecks on tickets and merchandise as well as food and beverages during their game day experience. Or corporate money from local business and national businesses alike buying high priced suites and club tickets. 

the fan experience of Bills Mafia as we know it today will be a thing of the past once this new stadium is complete. You heard it here first. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

That’s because that roof overhang isn’t responsible for keeping 65% of the stadium seats dry. It will likely cover about half of the 500 level seats. Then you will have levels 200, 300, and 400 that will have over 50% of the seats covered and heated just like the club seats in the current stadium. Then you’ll have a few overhangs in the end zones in multiple levels, as well as a few spots in the 100s that are also covered by an overhang with heat. 

the misconception is that the roof overhangs will keep “62%” (a number confirmed by the Bills at one point) fry. It won’t. So just like the club seats now, unless you plan on bucking up big money for a club type seat, good luck getting out of the elements. 

this is my biggest issue with the stadium. I’ve been a ST holder for 17 years. If I’m going to spend the kind of money they want to charge for the new seats and PSLs, I want to be dry and warm while I’m there. 

my personal opinion is that a huge number of Bills Mafia will be priced out of season tickets. Which I also think may be a good thing. The nfl, the team, the city, doesn’t want drunk 20 year olds jumping through flaming tables and doing butt chugs in the parking lots before games. Making the entire fan base look like a bunch of Neanderthals that just got out of moms basement for the first time. They want families feeling safe and spending entire paychecks on tickets and merchandise as well as food and beverages during their game day experience. Or corporate money from local business and national businesses alike buying high priced suites and club tickets. 

the fan experience of Bills Mafia as we know it today will be a thing of the past once this new stadium is complete. You heard it here first. 

I don't see a lot of levels overhanging too many seats to keep heated either in those renderings.  

Completely agree with you on the experience of Bills Mafia as we know it being gone.  You can tell just by looking at how manicured the lots are.  Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I haven't been to nearly as many recent games as you and others, but there were a lot of drunks, mostly if not all young (under 30-ish), that didn't do the experience any favors, both in and outside the stadium.  

I'm not sure that there are the number of families in WNY that will drop that kind of scratch though.  Based on what someone else said, your statement about businesses, thinking national businesses, may be more accurate.  At some point though, what's the point of having a team if locals are priced out in favor of national businesses and resale agencies and have to watch from home anyway.  That entire scenario seems kind of weird.  

55 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I don't see a lot of levels overhanging too many seats to keep heated either in those renderings.  

Completely agree with you on the experience of Bills Mafia as we know it being gone.  You can tell just by looking at how manicured the lots are.  Not sure whether that's a good thing or a bad thing.  I haven't been to nearly as many recent games as you and others, but there were a lot of drunks, mostly if not all young (under 30-ish), that didn't do the experience any favors, both in and outside the stadium.  

I'm not sure that there are the number of families in WNY that will drop that kind of scratch though.  Based on what someone else said, your statement about businesses, thinking national businesses, may be more accurate.  At some point though, what's the point of having a team if locals are priced out in favor of national businesses and resale agencies and have to watch from home anyway.  That entire scenario seems kind of weird.  

As weird as it may be. That’s what’s going to happen. Etch it in stone now and tell me I’m right in about 5-10 years. 

look at the renderings again closely. Anywhere there’s red will be overhangs that will have heat. Like I said, similar to the current clubs now. There’s going to be 5 levels so there’s going to be 4 levels of coverage with heat in some capacity. The levels between the 200 and 400 are stacked almost on top of each other so the overhang and coverage will be fairly significant. Again, for club level types. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:56 AM, Jrb1979 said:

I'm fine with no dome but it still should be more state of the art. Instead what we got screams small market. I guess all that matters is that they are staying in Buffalo 

What exactly do you want and what exactly can you tell from 4 of 5 pictures?    

4 hours ago, major said:

Many college stadiums are pieced together section add-ons or older stadiums.  You are really on here trying to equate this stadium design with that?

Nah. 

I’ll end up justifying just 2-3 games yearly with family. If the bills suck in 2028, 20 yr old drunk college table jumpers buy cheap. 

I am glad the wind seems to have been heavily addressed. They better not screw that wind up or Bills are doomed in tomorrow’s offensive FA  NFL. 

22 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I’ll end up justifying just 2-3 games yearly with family. If the bills suck in 2028, 20 yr old drunk college table jumpers buy cheap. 

I am glad the wind seems to have been heavily addressed. They better not screw that wind up or Bills are doomed in tomorrow’s offensive FA  NFL. 

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.