Looks like Poyer is more than willing to leave and play for Miami of all places.

Tipster19

Aging players leaving is inevitable and it sucks, especially when they end up signing with a hated rival. But if we could handle Thurman signing with the ‘Phins, we can certainly deal with Poyer going there. 

He had a good run here and now it’s over. Next.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I don’t think that he could say any more than what he already did in the following article.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2023/2/24/23614259/does-jordan-poyer-want-to-play-for-the-miami-dolphins-tua-tagovailoa-mike-mcdaniel-buffalo-bills

This is kind of making something out of nothing.  Poyer just said he was friends with Tua and was looking forward to seeing MM at his birthday party.  If Poyer wants to take a lesser deal to play a reserve role, he should just re-sign with Buffalo

• Agree 1

I believe that Poyer comes up to Buffalo alone for the season. His wife and kid stay in Miami full time. He has been a consummate professional and one of my favorite Bills at all time. That’s a major sacrifice.

I can’t blame the guy for wanting to play in the city his family lives in. Miami is on the up swing as well. 

I wouldn’t be shocked (or blame him) if he chose Miami if they were the cheaper offer but still able to be in the same ball park based on family alone. 

Edited by Mango

Poyer and Hyde were the heart and soul of this defense. Without Hyde, and with nagging injuries all season, Poyer wasn't his normal self.

I don't think the money will be as big for a Safety on the wrong side of 30 as he does. I hope he doesn't sign for another team for less than what the Bills will offer.

If he leaves, I wish him the best, he is a warrior for this team.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

There are 50 different income state tax codes. They range from a top rate of zero percent in several states to 13.3% in California.  In NYS the state income tax on $10MM would 964,000.  I Florida, it would be zero.  That might make a difference in decision making. 

It’s a bit more nuanced than that. Players pay tax for each game based on the location. So half his income is taxed at NY state top level, so about $500K in your example. Heres the kicker.  Until2017, you could deduct your state tax on your federal return, and it would thus lower your fderal tax.  Since Poyer would be in the 35% federal tax bracket, in effect he’d pay 65% of the NY state tax, and federal govt would pay 35% of his NY state tax bill.  But that’s no longer true since the cap on deduction of state and local and ptperty tax was capped at $10,000. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, nosejob said:

I may be in the minority here, but I'd love to have one more year of him and Hyde.....if he hasn't already made up his mind. 2 yr. 14 mil. ?

A good chunk in signing bonus with a fairly small cap hit this year and a playing time clause that could void the 2nd yr.? IDK

I’d really like to have him back too.  He’s my favorite player on the defense since we signed him.  loved watching him play at oregon state.  Just not sure he’ll come back at a discount.  He’s made a good amount of money for an everyday Joe, but not for an NFL all pro.  I just think he’ll chase the biggest bag or join a rival that offers more than us.  I hope I’m wrong

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm sure at this point in his career he wants to go to a team he thinks has a shot at winning it all. He played against Miami 3xs this year. Read between the lines. 

A Poyer on a Miami team certainly bolsters their chances to dethrone the Bills. 

Nope…it’s still a qb league

again poyer wouldn’t make the difference for Miami

2 hours ago, eball said:

No one does.  It’s the most ridiculous code in existence.

2 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

To keep it simple, NY state income tax is 10.9%, Florida is 0.  That's a pretty significant difference

“I’d love to go a state that doesn’t take half my money,”....lol wtf?  

Bienvenidos a Miami, dumbass.

2 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I don’t think that he could say any more than what he already did in the following article.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2023/2/24/23614259/does-jordan-poyer-want-to-play-for-the-miami-dolphins-tua-tagovailoa-mike-mcdaniel-buffalo-bills

Sure he could say more. 

He could say that his Instagram model wife loves South Florida where bikinis can be modeled outside most of the year, and that they own a big house in Florida - not sure where. 

Of course he wants to play in Florida.

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Miami seems pretty well set in their secondary. Can’t see them throwing big bucks at Poyer. 

Agreed

38 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

A little of this, a little of that. I think a lot of the players are sick of McDermott’s shtick and know it’s not Championship caliber, why take a discount for that? Bills are on the decline, and Miami is on the rise. I hope it’s a huge mistake on his part and Allen abuses him in every matchup. 

He lives in South Florida now. I have a friend that golfs with him regulary. He’s a big a fish fan, probably telling him to sign down there.

How so? Explain

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lost said:

All they had to do was win a SB.  Now our star players are getting fed up and leaving.

Fail Tom Hiddleston GIF

Too bad our coaching staff sucks so bad they blew a 3 point lead with 13 seconds that cost us our first one.

but hey? We are fine right? Just keep doing the same crap every year expecting a different result with keeping ole McClap.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

How so? Explain

The dolphins almost beat us Wild Card round with a 3rd string QB and then we were embarassed the next round. Miami still has a QB under a rookie contract, who if can stay healthy (he probably won’t) will be in a position to overtake the division from us. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, nosejob said:

I may be in the minority here, but I'd love to have one more year of him and Hyde.....if he hasn't already made up his mind. 2 yr. 14 mil. ?

A good chunk in signing bonus with a fairly small cap hit this year and a playing time clause that could void the 2nd yr.? IDK

Nah. Poyer is washed. Let him go to Miami. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.