Looks like Poyer is more than willing to leave and play for Miami of all places.

Tipster19

3 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

See I don’t get this take at all. Why, because she wants her husband to make as much money as possible? Because she wants a say in where he plays next? Because they live in Florida and god forbid she would like it if he was there? Sound like pretty much every other wife of every other player.

yes she has made comments about his contract in the past, but she’s never bashed Buffalo, in fact has spoken highly of it. She supports the team and wants what is best for her and her family. 

why aren’t people in every thread calling out the wives or girlfriends of players who might go and play somewhere else? We all know why, but is anyone actually able to admit it? 

I’m not sure what’s not to understand. Name another wife on Twitter complaining about their husbands contract. Rachel is the only one I know of and I’d say the same about any other. Thought she should just stfu from the start and my opinion hasn’t changed. 

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, papazoid said:

poyer has outperformed his contracts with buffalo.....only a few can say that.

its time to move on, he's old, lost a step and that playoff game vs cincy he was awful. 

his comments about taxes.....he aint wrong.....big advantage for teams in states with low taxes

hope he lands a big contract somewhere....just not with us....i want that money invested in the Oline

tip of the hat to poyer....a great bill

Poyer played the last couple games with a torn meniscus.  He drove cross country with another injury - because no doctor would clear him to fly.  Notice Warrior and Poyer rhyme.  I have nothing but respect for Jordan.  That dude gave Buffalo everything he had

• Like (+1) 4

46 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I’m not sure what’s not to understand. Name another wife on Twitter complaining about their husbands contract. Rachel is the only one I know of and I’d say the same about any other. Thought she should just stfu from the start and my opinion hasn’t changed. 

There’s tons of wives who have done it she just us a bigger following so hers is amplified more. Why are we allowed to tweet and complain about athlete salaries but she isn’t? If you think that other players significant others haven’t complained openly about a contract that’s flat out wrong. The big difference between her and us is we root for the team (as does she) but she also roots for the player, which for the most part we don’t. We are always saying this guy should take less money, that guy should be cut, can’t wait to get rid of that guy. Our allegiance is to the team she just has a different perspective 

Edited by Ya Digg?
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

See I don’t get this take at all. Why, because she wants her husband to make as much money as possible? Because she wants a say in where he plays next? Because they live in Florida and god forbid she would like it if he was there? Sound like pretty much every other wife of every other player.

yes she has made comments about his contract in the past, but she’s never bashed Buffalo, in fact has spoken highly of it. She supports the team and wants what is best for her and her family. 

why aren’t people in every thread calling out the wives or girlfriends of players who might go and play somewhere else? We all know why, but is anyone actually able to admit it? 

No please do tell. I see you defending anything with her. It’s not worth a discussion but during season no, it’s not standard to see this. Do you think someone like Britt Will is a Buffalo gal? But always nothing but supportive and love. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

No please do tell. I see you defending anything with her. It’s not worth a discussion but during season no, it’s not standard to see this. Do you think someone like Britt Will is a Buffalo gal? But always nothing but supportive and love. 

I just think the “attack the pretty girl” trope is old. She’s been incredibly supportive as well, she’s never said anything bad about Buffalo. 
I just think the “obviously it’s his wife doing the talking” comments are dumb 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Poyer played the last couple games with a torn meniscus.  He drove cross country with another injury - because no doctor would clear him to fly.  Notice Warrior and Poyer rhyme.  I have nothing but respect for Jordan.  That dude gave Buffalo everything he had

Depends how you enunciated your vowels, but other than I agree.

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

There’s tons of wives who have done it she just us a bigger following so hers is amplified more. Why are we allowed to tweet and complain about athlete salaries but she isn’t? If you think that other players significant others haven’t complained openly about a contract that’s flat out wrong. The big difference between her and us is we root for the team (as does she) but she also roots for the player, which for the most part we don’t. We are always saying this guy should take less money, that guy should be cut, can’t wait to get rid of that guy. Our allegiance is to the team she just has a different perspective 

I find Brittany Mahomes wildly annoying and so contentious. So much worse than Rachel Bush. I seem to really like Mahomes. But the people he surrounds himself with drive me nuts.

I don’t like Rachel Bush. But it has nothing to do with her comments on Poyer’s deal. I don’t mind them at all. She cheated on JP which sucks on its own. But add to it that it was with Antonio Brown of all people. I have no patience for any of it. And definitely not AB. 

Then when they were separated (because of the AB issue) Poyer slept with a UB coed and Rachel Bush put her on blast on twitter. Kudos to the young woman. She responded like 2x the adult that Bush was. Basically said that she didn’t catch feelings. And had no intent to ever date Poyer. He seemed like a really great guy, father, etc. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Spoiler alert: If the hot supermodel wife complains online, she gets sympathy. If Poyer goes out and yells that he’s underpaid, it’s not the best look.

They’re executing Rosenhaus’ plan to perfection. He says hypotheticals like “if i’m not re-signed, well by golly gosh, I’d sure  like more money please.” Never directly aiming at the FO but subtly suggesting they’re ungrateful. She says “I don’t want to move but my hubby needs to be paid.”

They both come out smelling like roses and even the agent doesn’t even have to

hard sell. Some team is going to get taken to the cleaners for a half a good year of a guaranteed contract. 

1 hour ago, Ya Digg? said:

Just because you say more wives have done this, doesn’t change my opinion on it. Got nothing to do with it being a players wife from the Buffalo Bills. I have more respect in the player himself speaking about it, not his wife.  But in this situation we hear Rachel first and Poyer second. 

Bills haven’t treated Poyer badly, he’s just getting older and they don’t have as much money to work with to keep him. They didn’t have to throw him a bone at the start of the season either but they did. I don’t think his wife should be posting anything about it on Twitter, but doing it right before the season was over while the Bills were dealing with so much stuff was just bull####. 

Edited by BananaB

On 2/25/2023 at 7:40 AM, Tipster19 said:

I don’t think that he could say any more than what he already did in the following article.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2023/2/24/23614259/does-jordan-poyer-want-to-play-for-the-miami-dolphins-tua-tagovailoa-mike-mcdaniel-buffalo-bills

He lives in Coral Rodge just down the road from the stadium, funny enough I was 5 houses down when Tua's party was going on, great fireworks show. Very well organized. As for Poyer, he is having trouble staying healthy but cant blame the guy for wanting to preserve his check, NY taxes are horrible. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/25/2023 at 7:54 AM, balln said:

Ooof. I always wonder. Do the bills have to overpay bc of New York taxes. Why isn’t there an adjustment for teams for cap. Seems like a competitive advantage for teams in states w forgiving tax laws

How about the teams use that influence they use for stadium funds on getting the tax rates lowered for all of us? Problem solved. 

On 2/25/2023 at 7:54 AM, balln said:

Ooof. I always wonder. Do the bills have to overpay bc of New York taxes. Why isn’t there an adjustment for teams for cap. Seems like a competitive advantage for teams in states w forgiving tax laws

Seems like people are tired of losing. Losing their money, losing faith in the process, and just just up losing when it matters. Diggs didn’t really seem like he was to happy either in a conversation about Dallas

Edited by Rebel101

On 2/25/2023 at 8:09 AM, eball said:

No one does.  It’s the most ridiculous code in existence.

Keep in mind the issue is state income tax- not federal.

Anyway, I believe they’re taxed according the site at which they earn the weekly check. So, at least 8 or 9 games are not in NYS. 
At some point, those Florida players will travel to NY, NJ, California, Mass, etc. and he taxed accordingly.  

Furthermore, the Florida players still have the same Federal tax obligations. Some of their savings from not having to pay state income tax is offset by higher insurance costs on their real and personal property thanks to the constant and unpredictable threat of powerful hurricanes. More toll roads

too. 
I don’t believe there’s a substantial financial benefit playing in Fla. 

On 2/26/2023 at 9:40 AM, RichRiderBills said:

The cost of living is like 15% percent higher in Miami. Property tax is through the roof. 

I get it , Miami is a great place to live....but don't act like Miami is some cheap bargain area. 

He already lives in So FLA and its not Miami. Property taxes in comparison to NT state aren't event comparable. Hes paying two mortgages or at the very least renting in Buffalo. Throwing away money. 

12 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

Property taxes in Miami are higher

Florida has no personal income tax and no state estate tax, whereas New York currently has an income tax rate as high as 8.82% and estate taxes on estates over $5,850,000.00 at a rate as high as 16%.

What are you talking about? I live in FLA and own a house in Niagara Falls...trust me you're wrong on this. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, BUFFALOTONE said:

Florida has no personal income tax and no state estate tax, whereas New York currently has an income tax rate as high as 8.82% and estate taxes on estates over $5,850,000.00 at a rate as high as 16%.

What are you talking about? I live in FLA and own a house in Niagara Falls...trust me you're wrong on this. 

I'm talking about looking it up, which you apparently are not capable of doing.  The cost of living in Miami is significantly higher than Buffalo. Property tax rate is higher in Miami especially on high value property. Google. It's your friend. 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.