Chad Johnson says he lived in Bengals' stadium for two years

chongli

WTF? I guess he is the real Baker Mayfield??

"Johnson joined NFL Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe on "Club Shay Shay" and talked about his financial responsibility. Johnson revealed that he lived in the Cincinnati Bengals' stadium for the first two years of his career because it had everything he needed to live.

"You gotta remember, I stayed at the stadium the first two years because I didn't want to spend no money," Johnson said. "What's the point? ... Why are you telling me to go rent a house, go buy a house, or go rent a condo when everything I need is right here in the facility at Paul Brown? Showers, cafeteria, TV, couch, gaming system. What's the point?"

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

• chongli changed the title to Chad Johnson says he lived in Bengals' stadium for two years
3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I am surprised the Bengals allowed this. Why wouldn't he want to spend money. Professional athletes make way more money than the average Joe. He could easily afford his own place.

Maybe he was worried about being irresponsible with it? How many athletes have we seen over the years amass a fortune and mismanage their finances? Maybe he was determined to not let that be him. Not sure I would have gone that far, but I can understand the viewpoint 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

Maybe he was worried about being irresponsible with it? How many athletes have we seen over the years amass a fortune and mismanage their finances? Maybe he was determined to not let that be him. Not sure I would have gone that far, but I can understand the viewpoint 

Don't spend like a drunken sailor. I get that. But buying a house or renting an apartment is not being irresponsible with your money. Especially when you are making an NFL player's salary.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

0d73db08-cb9d-40bf-82eb-b55828bc8576_tex

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

fake

Yeah, some on twitter are also calling it fake:

There is one guy who could confirm this though:

[from the CBS article on the OP]

"By Johnson's third NFL season, he was a star, and it was time for him to move out of the facility. Johnson said former Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis told him it was time for the receiver to step out on his own."

39 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Don't spend like a drunken sailor. I get that. But buying a house or renting an apartment is not being irresponsible with your money. Especially when you are making an NFL player's salary.

He answered this. He said "what's the point"? He had everything he needed there, so why go spend his money elsewhere?

40 minutes ago, Gregg said:

On his rookie contract he made like 300K a year his 1st couple seasons. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/miami-dolphins/chad-johnson-1350/cash-earnings/

Just now, MJS said:

He answered this. He said "what's the point"? He had everything he needed there, so why go spend his money elsewhere?

I guess if he has his GF over, he could get laid on the 50-yard line. There aren't too many people who could say that.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.