Bobby Wagner - the solution to the Edmunds problem

Rigotz

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Exactly.  

Adding someone like Wagner to this team would make the potential of this Defense, health permitting, legitimately a top 3 defense.  I get the allure.  There would be no weaknesses.  

However, Bernard was drafted in RD3 last year for a reason.  He now has a season under his belt.   This is the type of pick and type of player who should slotted in to take over on a cheap contract as we address other spots.  

If they missed, they missed, so be it… but at some point we can’t be obsessed with having an elite defense … especially given their playoff track record.  

We need a WR2.  We can still use an OL upgrade.   Pass Rush help is honestly more important than LB, if we’re being honest and absolutely must spend more on Defense. 

There’s no guarantee we get a WR at 27. No guarantee we get one in RD2.  

There will be LB help on Day 1 and Day 2 there for us, should we need to go that route. 

There's a possibility of Jerry Jeudy at 27. Get Bobby Wagner and try to win SB sooner rather than later. I'm okay with seeing if Bernard can fill those shoes a couple of years from now

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

There's a possibility of Jerry Jeudy at 27. Get Bobby Wagner and try to win SB sooner rather than later. I'm okay with seeing if Bernard can fill those shoes a couple of years from now

If they pull the trigger on that trade, by all means… sign Bobby Wagner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Instead of getting Hopkins, how about we save half his cap number, convert the other half to $1 bills and burn it to stay warm once December rolls around.  That way we’d get more value.

And why would you say that?  

Am I only the one feeling now it’s Wagner or bust at MLB? Im not comfortable with Bernard or using 27th pick this. Was really hoping for 1-2 year deal for David. However you rank them all other top of class ones are signed. Obviously David, Edmunds, Long, Edwards, Vander Esch, Okereke, Pratt, Singleton, Al-Shaair. Wagner is only one left for year or so I’m happy and view as upgrade. Maybe someone can convince me on Tranquill? Upgrade or at least solid starter?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, BillsFooteball said:

Am I only the one feeling now it’s Wagner or bust at MLB? Im not comfortable with Bernard or using 27th pick this. Was really hoping for 1-2 year deal for David. However you rank them all other top of class ones are signed. Obviously David, Edmunds, Long, Edwards, Vander Esch, Okereke, Pratt, Singleton, Al-Shaair. Wagner is only one left for year or so I’m happy and view as upgrade. Maybe someone can convince me on Tranquill? Upgrade or at least solid starter?

Yeah the clock is ticking and many possible Tremaine replacements are signed. Get Wagner now.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Instead of getting Hopkins, how about we save half his cap number, convert the other half to $1 bills and burn it to stay warm once December rolls around.  That way we’d get more value.

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

1. Burning half the value of his contract is less than burning all of it.

2. He would produce the same whether he is on our roster or not on it.

I really don't get what you are sarcastically trying to imply here other than it seems you are suggesting Hopkins won't stay on the field.  

And if that is what you are saying, that it's just not an accurate description of Hopkins at all given he has had one injury where he missed time in his whole career, in 2021.  Prior to that, he missed a total of 2 games the rest of his career.  He came back last year and played half a season, where he caught passes from Murray for only 5 games and then scrubs the rest of the games put up numbers that would be 120 reception and almost 1400 yards over a full season.  

So, unless I am wrong that you are implying he can't stay healthy, I don't really know how you get to these assumptions as there isn't any evidence to support it.

3 hours ago, BillsFooteball said:

Wagner is easily the best choice. Pay the man. 
Each day i look and we still have not filled the void left by Edmunds. and that be no is small crevice.

The guy called the Defense.
Bobby Wagner was my choice well before we even talked about Edmunds leaving post season.

beane is freaking me the f out right now and he better have a very very solid plan.

and I am one of the faithful !

Edited by 3rdand12

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Wagner is easily the best choice. Pay the man. 
Each day i look and we still have not filled the void left by Edmunds. and that be no is small crevice.

The guy called the Defense.
Bobby Wagner was my choice well before we even talked about Edmunds leaving post season.

beane is freaking me the f out right now and he better have a very very solid plan.

and I am one of the faithful !

I'm hoping the GM in training, Von Miller, can do some lobbying

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Success said:

Just looked him up - pretty intriguing.

okay 

Can you tell us more why you likey ?

17 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

It seems it has come down to Wagner, draft using a high pick or roll with what we have and 🙏 

My prayering is not so good. So perhaps we get someone who can play foot ball lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

okay 

Can you tell us more why you likey ?

My prayering is not so good. So perhaps we get someone who can play foot ball lol

Still pretty young, had a fairly unnoticed "breakout" season in '22, 5 QB sacks & an INT, along with a ton of tackles, fast & versatile, Chargers fans seem to be bummed that he's leaving.  

Can't say I'm an expert on him, but at first glance, seems like he'd be a good pick up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, ngbills said:

Down to Wagner, Tranquil, Perryman, Jack, Bush, Evans

I am signing Wagner for a deal close to Davis got ($7M) and would;d be nice get a cheap deal for a guy like Perryman.

Tranquil signed with the Chiefs. 1 year for $5 million (why weren't we in on that?). The options are dwindling. This is concerning. Beane needs to pull a Wagner deal out of his magic hat.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, qwksilver said:

Tranquil signed with the Chiefs. 1 year for $5 million (why weren't we in on that?). The options are dwindling. This is concerning. Beane needs to pull a Wagner deal out of his magic hat.

No idea what we are doing. This deal and even the David and Long deals are ones we should have been in on. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

He went to a team that has 2 starting linebackers already and a top reserve. He’s going there to compete for a backup role. That leads me to believe we were not in on him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.