Tua in Glenville?

mead107

Tua is working with U.S. Olympic judoka Jason Morris to learn how to properly fall to reduce impact on his head. #NFL

Jason grew up next to my sister medal winner in Olympics. Silver medalist 

Edited by mead107

It's a rather common thing, to learn how to fall in any defensive tactics course.  If you are falling backwards, you learn to tuck your chin into your chest before hitting the ground.  Your back hits the ground and absorbs the hit and not the back of your head.  It's a good move on Tua's part.  I've slipped on ice a couple of times and it's saved my ass.  No doubt.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Practiced different forms of martial arts growing up… this always felt like second nature to me. 

I actually joked that Tua should take some classes in the off-season. I don’t get the hype around the guy, but happy he’s doing things to help prevent injury, because he is a nice guy. 

7 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If your qb needs to practice falling down in the off-season, maybe it's time to upgrade the o-line.

Or the QB…, 

4 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

It's a rather common thing, to learn how to fall in any defensive tactics course.  If you are falling backwards, you learn to tuck your chin into your chest before hitting the ground.  Your back hits the ground and absorbs the hit and not the back of your head.  It's a good move on Tua's part.  I've slipped on ice a couple of times and it's saved my ass.  No doubt.

yep great thing to set the mechanics of for all the kids in karate. learn it young and its engrained in

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.