What kind of play do you get the most satisfaction watching?

Beast

What play do you like seeing best?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer to see?

• 80 yard bomb between QB/WR for a TD
    • 80 yard run from scrimmage for a TD
    • Kickoff return for a TD
    • Punt return for a TD
    • INT for a TD
    • Sack of a QB scoop and score

I chose 'Int for a TD' because anytime the defense scores it is a huge momentum shift in a game.  Of course, the same can be said for 'Sack of a QB scoop and score', but I still find a pick-six the most satisfying type of TD.

Edited by ChasBB
add content

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I like a fat man interception, followed by a fat man dance

Hey!😡 This is a family website, dammit! 🤨

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

As of the last couple of years…. A designed run on 1st down that goes for 8 yards and sets up short sticks…. A rare creature. 

Actually, Motor is pretty good at that..

I used to love watching Fred Jackson make 2 quick moves in the hole then dart for 30 like it was nothing. Early on Shady just making teams look silly was great too. My favorite might have been, out of nowhere, horrible Bills season Stevie Johnson. The guy would run after the catch in that first year like crazy. Take a 7 yard pass and get 45. I miss that.

16 hours ago, Success said:

But my favorite thing in football is a good goal-line stand.  Pretty rare these days (especially w/ the ability to push a runner), but those are great when they happen.

I guess like many of you, there's way too many plays I love to be able to list them in order ha ha. So many intangibles too. Favorite specific plays? Probably. Favorite type of plays? All over the place.

18 hours ago, Beast said:

Just watching highlites of some long TD runs and I enjoyed the heck out of watching long runs. Maybe because we don’t see a lot of them?

What is your favorite thing to see? Maybe none of the above listed?

I agree. Longer runs are so much more infrequent than big pass plays and thus are more exciting, especially when the runner breaks tackles or fakes out a bunch of guys. So much fun.

Not saying this is the model for how I hope to be consistently great, but man, if Cook can break a few long ones this season that will be a blast to watch.

17 hours ago, Success said:

I'd probably go pick 6 out of the listed.

But my favorite thing in football is a good goal-line stand.  Pretty rare these days (especially w/ the ability to push a runner), but those are great when they happen.

Maybe not as much "fun" per se, as it's nerve wracking, but yes, it's so satisfying... It's like somehow dodging a bullet when someone has a gun pointed straight at you.

I know when I play pick-up football and we make a stand near the end zone and the other team can't punch it in with three or four tries it's so rewarding and I feel like it breaks the other team's spirit.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.