Lamar Jackson wants guarantees that exceed Watson contract

SCBills

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

i was too young to remember it, but this sounds like that 90's OL buff lost to indy.  remember reading that loopholes been covered, so doubtful, but A+ for creativity 

I believe that was Will Wolford and the Colts. And then we did the same thing with Charles Clay and Miami.

And if a team DID put a poison pill in the contract, then Baltimore just says "no thanks, I'll take those two 1sts", so there really isnt much risk for the Ravens.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

i remember structuring it in a way they couldnt match but dont remember specifically that. holy smokes

Yeah it wasnt anything as obvious as "every time you play in Miami...", but we structured it so matching would have caused them a ton of pain. Just saying we played some matching antics.

The further along this goes, I think it doesn't end the way Lamar hopes. I know he's trying to keep every $$$ he can, but he should have hired an agent long ago imo. He probably would have had a big $$$ contract already. I can't see someone giving up more than $235M gtd with his playing style and how he has finished the last two seasons injured. He just turned 26 and could still get at least 1 more big contract in, if not 2. 

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So … Falcons AND Panthers are reportedly out on Lamar.  

Uh… do we even know if this dude “has”

a market?

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The further along this goes, I think it doesn't end the way Lamar hopes. I know he's trying to keep every $$$ he can, but he should have hired an agent long ago imo. He probably would have had a big $$$ contract already. I can't see someone giving up more than $235M gtd with his playing style and how he has finished the last two seasons injured. He just turned 26 and could still get at least 1 more big contract in, if not 2. 

It's looking like the best thing he can do for himself is go back to Baltimore and play under Monken and show folks he's a real QB. Oh, and maybe also play the full season uninjured, but he only has so much control over that.

54 minutes ago, SCBills said:

So … Falcons AND Panthers are reportedly out on Lamar.  

Uh… do we even know if this dude “has”

a market?

I never thought there was one, considering he wanted $50M/year on a fully guaranteed contract and the Ravens would want 2-1st rounders.

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Pretty sure beating the hated Steelers in the 2020 playoffs ranks higher for Browns fans …

That game was quite a beat down by the Browns.  

I seem to recall a big Browns-Steelers playoff game in the early 2000's between Kelly Holcomb and Tommy Maddox where each guy threw for close to 400 yards.  I think the Steelers won that game though.  Browns have not had too many big wins in the modern era.  I remember the loss in 1980 to the Raiders in the frigid cold of Memorial Stadium when Brian Sipe threw the last second pick by Mike Davis in the end zone.  The field was like concrete.  LOL

He needs to get an agent. He has no endorsement deals, no commercials, nothing. Other teams are shutting down his asking price. He needs someone that isn't a direct relative advising him. Right now he looks like a fool and is costing himself millions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

If Lamar sits out the entire year would he become a free agent?

Technically what's stopping the USFL or XFL from offering him $10 million dollars to play this spring to help tide him over this season while generating huge PR for their league?

I just want to see Lamar stick it to the Ravens and the league at this point. This is straight up BS. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

If Lamar sits out the entire year would he become a free agent?

Technically what's stopping the USFL or XFL from offering him $10 million dollars to play this spring to help tide him over this season while generating huge PR for their league?

I just want to see Lamar stick it to the Ravens and the league at this point. This is straight up BS. 

What’s BS about this? 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

He needs to get an agent. He has no endorsement deals, no commercials, nothing. Other teams are shutting down his asking price. He needs someone that isn't a direct relative advising him. Right now he looks like a fool and is costing himself millions.

At least Ja Morant waited until he signed the $200M deal before he started acting out lol

57 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What’s BS about this? 

If he won’t play for 4x that much, why on earth would he risk injury for 10m?

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

This is going to be a lot of fun to follow, and I hope some NFC team makes Lamar the highest paid player in NFL history. 

Makes the AFC a little easier, and Lamar gets a serious payday. If you look at SpotTrac he was making peanuts (like 1 million or so per season until his 5th year option) while the Ravens ran him into the ground. I can't blame the man for wanting to get his guaranteed money. 

If he had an agent, he would have signed right after JA and been making bank for 2 years, he’s an idiot

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.