Lamar Jackson wants guarantees that exceed Watson contract

SCBills

3 hours ago, OZBILLS said:

He's off to the Patriots, isn't he?

Honestly who cares if he does. He's a cap killer, a WR killer, draft resource killer, and would require a team to have a mini rebuild around him to get the right personnel.

Wherever he goes there's going to be a % of his teammates he needs to earn respect from.  Dude quit on his team in the playoffs last year, players talk in a small league.

As far as NE, I'd love it I'd they tried to land him. Beli is used to having statues in the pocket. I don't think it's a given he'd know how to use him. Not to mention we're the team who put the blue print out on him.

Bill Obrien is hardly a qb whisperer lol I don't see Lamar playing this year for balt. He'll be another year older, all it takes is losing half a step.

So a bad team would be acquiring a 27yr old mobile qb, and need to get the right personnel around him (with no draft capital or significant cap room). Take a year or 2 to get the right pieces around him. What an absolute nightmare of a situation. There's just too much damn baggage here.

If he couldn't thrive w/ Harborough and an OC and personnel catered to him, he's going to go where? ATL, and thrive? He'll do well selling tickets and putting arses in seats, but he doesn't scare me. Then again, I've never been high on the guy and I think he's top tier dumbbbbb so I'm not exactly an unbiased view here either.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah like BB is going to give that guy a 250+mil fully guaranteed contract.  They paid Brady peanuts.

Oh what Guzzelle will say if they pay lLamar all that after Boning Brady all those years.  

That along with setting the Patriots back to the Stone Age after a year or two would be awesome.  

Brady henpecked even after a divorce-epic

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I never thought I would say this, but I think that Lamar could more or less negotiate himself out of the league. 

I’ve been saying the same thing, especially if he sits next season. His career would probably be over and he would be shadow-banned by owners. This isn’t looking good at all.

Most people keep acting like he’ll eventually get what he wants and I’m not sure why.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

I’ve been saying the same thing, especially if he sits next season. His career would probably be over and he would be shadow-banned by owners. This isn’t looking good at all.

Most people keep acting like he’ll eventually get what he wants and I’m not sure why.

Who gets signed first, Carson Wentz or Lamar Jackson? 

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Who gets signed first, Carson Wentz or Lamar Jackson? 

There’s multiple issues now. Lamar has to find the solution to this problem:

How do I accept an offer to be the 8th or 9th highest paid QB without looking like a total idiot?

I don’t think he can. He so dug in and the embarrassment would be out of this world. I suspect he’s too embarrassed and shamed to even face the Ravens at this point.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

There’s multiple issues now. Lamar has to find the solution to this problem:

How do I accept an offer to be the 8th or 9th highest paid QB without looking like a total idiot?

I don’t think he can. He so far dug in and the embarrassment would be out of this world.

I think he'll eventually accept less, but only if it comes from someone other than the Ravens. He'll try and pass it off as it wasn't about the money it was about respect. Media talking heads will rejoice saying he showed great courage in his victory against the NFL.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Could the Ravens do a 1 day/ $1 contract to get around that? Seems like there are some creative solutions here.  Its so weird to handcuff a team to their own detriment, when the tag was a measure that was supposed to give teams leverage.

If Balt, Team X, and Lamar are all on the same page about a deal, why would the NFL split hairs and block it? Weird

Only 95 cents guaranteed.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Sure they will just not above the table.  Teflon™ Br*dy got money under table including his avocado supplements.

Lamar is too dumb and spiteful for that. Say 2 seasons go well, but year 3 sucks. Lamar hates BB, BB equally hates a low iq ball player. Lamars knees are tore up, and his only offer is $6m/yr as a backup in NE now, or somewhere else......

Anybody think hes gunna stay quiet about their dirty lil secret? Lamar would be tweeting that from his locker before he can clear it out.  and the way NE disposes of their used up players, is literally as cold as taking out the trash.  Lamars not the guy to be making devil pacts with, noooooope

2 hours ago, Governor said:

I heard Mike Florio and Chris Simms make this point. The people in the media egging him on are much worse than the people telling him to stop being stupid. It's like a bystander at a high roller table cheering on as some idiot makes big stupid bet after big stupid bet. It's fun watching someone bet it all on red when it isn't your money to lose. When the high roller inevitably loses and ends up broke, the bystander will just sheepishly walk on over to the next table.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.