Lamar Jackson wants guarantees that exceed Watson contract

SCBills

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Hey, is he healthy now? Just remembered.. he was not healthy enough to play in the Raven’s playoff game against the division (that matters!) rival, so what’s the deal now? What’s the injury update? Sounds like he’s negotiating as if he was never hurt to begin with. 

Availability (or rather, a lack thereof) didn’t seem to hurt Watson with his contract.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Availability (or rather, a lack thereof) didn’t seem to hurt Watson with his contract.

Better to shut up and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt..

Jackson has hurt himself (no pun intended) by playing and showing he’s now a fragile franny. Watson is/was a much different QB than Jackson, specifically.. Watson can throw. I don’t want to sound like a jerk, but anyone thinking Jackson can throw with the top half of NFL QBs is wrong. I’m over that silly discussion. 

The last time we saw Watson he was making plays and leading his team in the playoffs. He was absolutely a difference maker, and you’d be nitpicking to say he had flaws that hurt the Texans ROI. So here we have Jackson, the one dimensional (in a bad way) hurt QB vs Watson, a stud QB by every form of the definition. No comparison imo. 

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

He’s better than Watson and also doesn’t embarrass fans with his presence. It makes sense that he’d be asking for more.

Whether or not Baltimore is willing to pay a QB as much as Cleveland was remains to be seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Calidiehard said:

He missed final 4 games the season before as well. The fact he sat for a playoff game says everything about his character and he doesn't deserve a fully guaranteed contract. Also not saying Watson should have gotten that either.

I know this is a place where we can share our opinions, but stop it. You don’t know 💩 about his character. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Calidiehard said:

In that, neither do you. But based on actions of not playing for your teammates in a playoff game does say a lot about his character.

Exactly. This is the reason I don’t resort to that kind of crap. I will say this:

Once the regular season is over, players have been paid what the contract says. Playoff games are paid separate of the contract. He was essentially a free agent, with no guarantee other than the playoff check. From what I’ve read, he would have earned around $42k. Some here question his character and/or his intelligence. That was a smart move. If you reply that you would have played because you are a high character guy, you’re either lying or dumb as 💩. Think about it, if you get hurt, I guarantee your teammates that you fought for won’t pony up the potential $$ you would lose. Maybe they’ll start a gofundme for you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

Injury prone running QB?  He has to stay healthy and prove he can be a pocket QB.  I would draft a young QB that would match the new offense and part ways with him.

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Cleveland owner is insane.  AFC version of Jerry Jones .  

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Jackson has hurt himself (no pun intended) by playing and showing he’s now a fragile franny. Watson is/was a much different QB than Jackson, specifically.. Watson can throw. I don’t want to sound like a jerk, but anyone thinking Jackson can throw with the top half of NFL QBs is wrong. I’m over that silly discussion. 

The last time we saw Watson he was making plays and leading his team in the playoffs. He was absolutely a difference maker, and you’d be nitpicking to say he had flaws that hurt the Texans ROI. So here we have Jackson, the one dimensional (in a bad way) hurt QB vs Watson, a stud QB by every form of the definition. No comparison imo. 

nothing in your biased tangent has anything to do with my single comment about availability. Watson pouted for an entire season and was then hit with a lengthy suspension. I never said anything about either QBs’ respective abilities. But I’m the fool? 

7 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If I'm Baltimore, I'm tagging Lamar and telling him to come play 1 more year with the new OC, and if it goes well, I'll give him $300M all guaranteed. And if not, we'll let him hit FA and never tag him again.

He’s just going to sand bag late in the year again under the tag. They ought to tag and trade at this point. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Actually, the last time we saw Watson, he lost to N.O. Scoring all of 10 points. Missing the playoffs. The Browns did miss the playoffs, right? 

Talk about removing all doubt. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

One way to put things in perspective is to ask: would Bills fans prefer the Jets land Carr, or Lamar?

Our answers (and rationale) to that will be revealing. 

(I'm not immediately sure which I prefer; my brain wants to shout out Lamar Jackson due to availability concerns and his less-than-optimal WR utilization (stunting Wilson's progression would be a bonus). I worry that Derrek Carr, under favorable conditions, can competently steer the Jets offense. Just as long as they keep him extra clean. For a guy who wants to be a leader, he sure does appear to wilt under duress.) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.