Lamar Jackson wants guarantees that exceed Watson contract

SCBills

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is why the owners were so upset with the Browns, and I agree with them. Giving this pervert a guaranteed huge contract was moronic!! I don't blame Lamar at all.  A healthy Lamar is worth more than Watson, but he made a big mistake stepping on the field last year without a new contract in place. Now this makes two years in a row he got hurt and couldn't finish the season. The ravens have just two decisions: Pay him a fully guaranteed contract or trade him for as much as you can get. I doubt he plays under a franchise tag.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have that much more respect and appreciation for Josh Allen who understood he is a valued commodity, was paid commensurate with his success and still left meat on the bone that allows us to build a team around him.

Lamar is on drugs...or another GM is on drugs who signs him to that type of money.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Out of any player on the market this year, I feel he will be the most disappointed by the interest he receives from teams. 

Like Aaron Rodgers-level disappointment as he fell to 24th in the 2005 draft.

I don't think the Ravens are interested, and I suspect teams know about whatever health issues he has that have been kept under wraps.  IMO, I think his body is toast insofar as it being able to handle the rigors of playing in the NFL. The offers will be heavy on incentives, light on anything guaranteed.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

This is why the owners were so upset with the Browns, and I agree with them. Giving this pervert a guaranteed huge contract was moronic!! I don't blame Lamar at all.  A healthy Lamar is worth more than Watson, but he made a big mistake stepping on the field last year without a new contract in place. Now this makes two years in a row he got hurt and couldn't finish the season. The ravens have just two decisions: Pay him a fully guaranteed contract or trade him for as much as you can get. I doubt he plays under a franchise tag.

The problem is Lamar not been healthy the last two seasons but the NFL is a passing league first and Lamar doesn't fit that mold.  

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I have that much more respect and appreciation for Josh Allen who understood he is a valued commodity, was paid commensurate with his success and still left meat on the bone that allows us to build a team around him.

Lamar is on drugs...or another GM is on drugs who signs him to that type of money.

Plus I'm sure Josh will renegotiate to create cap room 

I'm sure Lamar knows that some team will give him something like 50M per, fully guaranteed, 6-7 year contract. 

Easy for us to say that's crazy, given we have Josh Allen, but I'm sure quite a few would pay whatever it takes to someone like Lamar Jackson when we were wandering in the QB wilderness after Jim Kelly. 

Let's hope the Jets are that team.  Kill their cap and deplete their picks... Woody Johnson said he'd do whatever it takes to bring in a top tier QB, didn't he?   Lamar, debatable, but most would say he's that.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

The problem is Lamar not been healthy the last two seasons but the NFL is a passing league first and Lamar doesn't fit that mold.  

Which is why he wants that guarantee money and the Raven's are smart and not budging. 

Idk who will play running back for them if he doesn't return though. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.