Bad thought about 2023 playoffs

Ga boy

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know its early but the schedule is absolutely brutal. I still think the Bills will make the playoffs but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills don't win the AFC East next year and end up say 10-7 or so. 

They need to dominate at home say something like 7-2 or better because that road schedule is killer. Games at KC, CIN, and PHIL. WTF. Road games at NYJ and MIA won't be easy either.

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know its early but the schedule is absolutely brutal. I still think the Bills will make the playoffs but it wouldn't surprise me if the Bills don't win the AFC East next year and end up say 10-7 or so. 

Careful. This is the kind of talk that will get you in trouble. Some people here aren’t fond of the truth or reality. As you pointed out the road schedule is brutal. 

Pros

▪︎ Josh Allen 

▪︎ We're not likely to experience the drama that was 2022.

▪︎ We're not likely to have as many injuries as 2022

▪︎ We're not likely to see Dorsey & Frazier coach that poorly as in 2022.

▪︎We won't have the pressure of being SB favorites. 

▪︎ Barring a complete mental breakdown,  Beane can't possibly avoid drafting and acquiring tons of offensive help.

Cons

▪︎ Daunting schedule 

▪︎ Sean McDermott 

▪︎ Challenges of restructuring for cap

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Just had a bad thought that I’d like to forget.  First, let me say that I’m the most optimistic dude about the Bills and life.  I even thought the Losman Bills could win the Super Bowl.  My bad thought is the Bills might not make the playoffs next year.  It’s happened to other great teams.  I mean we might lose Maine, Poyer, Motor, White, and now even Diggs.  Can someone please relieve my troubled mind.  

We might lose Allen as well. Groot could be gone. Knox probably wants out.

On the other hand maybe Mahomes ends up here. The Bills will probably trade for Justin Jefferson and both of the Bosa boys so I think we’ll be OK.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Pros

▪︎ Josh Allen 

▪︎ We're not likely to experience the drama that was 2022.

▪︎ We're not likely to have as many injuries as 2022

▪︎ We're not likely to see Dorsey & Frazier coach that poorly as in 2022.

▪︎We won't have the pressure of being SB favorites. 

▪︎ Barring a complete mental breakdown,  Beane can't possibly avoid drafting and acquiring tons of offensive help.

Cons

▪︎ Daunting schedule 

▪︎ Sean McDermott 

▪︎ Challenges of restructuring for cap

I would remove Frazier from your PRO list and add him to your CON list. Any DC who can't protect a 3-point lead with 13 seconds left goes on the CON list every time. Especially when the other team starts that drive at their own 25.

2 hours ago, Ga boy said:

Just had a bad thought that I’d like to forget.  First, let me say that I’m the most optimistic dude about the Bills and life.  I even thought the Losman Bills could win the Super Bowl.  My bad thought is the Bills might not make the playoffs next year.  It’s happened to other great teams.  I mean we might lose Maine, Poyer, Motor, White, and now even Diggs.  Can someone please relieve my troubled mind.  

In Beane we trust?

There's turnover every year and I think the organization is finally being run fairly well.  We'll be okay.

I'm still pi$$ed about Doug Flutie, but that's just me....  lol

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I hope you weren't around in 1984, 1985. You want to talk depressing times being a Bills fan back then was miserable. Back-to-back 2-14 seasons. 

Kay Stephenson & Hank B.  UGH!!!

But, in the next year 3 HOF'ers would join the roster

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I would remove Frazier from your PRO list and add him to your CON list. Any DC who can't protect a 3-point lead with 13 seconds left goes on the CON list every time. Especially when the other team starts that drive at their own 25.

Well of course. I wanted Frazier gone 2 years ago but realized he's sticking around until he retires because of Sean's misguided loyalty.  Sean allows Leslie to continue on. That's why Sean is in the con category.  I don't have much faith in Dorsey either but he can't possibly struggle as much this year as last. And again the decision to keep Ken is Sean's. 

The worst thing that could’ve ever happened to this team happened. This past year book makers made the bills favorites to win the Super Bowl.

Now a lot of people are upset because they didn’t get to that lofty goal

A 13 and three season somehow spells doom for the next season in some peoples eyes

The bills are just better in that underdog role I guess

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.