Nonsense speculation from a talking head begging for attention

Nextmanup

"Three years ago, receiver Stefon Diggs tweeted his way out of Minnesota. After three years in Buffalo, capped by a playoff loss featuring frustrations and gesticulations that could be interpreted as a desire for yet another fresh start, speculation has emerged again that Diggs could again be on the move..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/21/a-stefon-diggs-trade-would-come-with-a-major-cap-charge-for-the-bills/

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

"Three years ago, receiver Stefon Diggs tweeted his way out of Minnesota. After three years in Buffalo, capped by a playoff loss featuring frustrations and gesticulations that could be interpreted as a desire for yet another fresh start, speculation has emerged again that Diggs could again be on the move..."

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/21/a-stefon-diggs-trade-would-come-with-a-major-cap-charge-for-the-bills/

We wouldn't get more than one 1st for him so not worth it

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

People can deny it all they want, but there is A LOT of smoke going on with Diggs for there not to be at least a small fire.

There is no smoke. There is no fire. This is just some dust being kicked up by bored analysts needing something to talk about in the doldrums of the offseason.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

People can deny it all they want, but there is A LOT of smoke going on with Diggs for there not to be at least a small fire.

Oh I think there is a small fire. I think he is pissed with the organisation for losing, pissed with Dorsey's playcalling and pissed with Josh for not getting him the ball when he is open. The question is whether the situation is salvageable. I think at the moment it definitely is. The relationship between Josh and Stef is the key one that needs fixing. It definitely fractured some down the stretch this year. They need to get together while they are off. Throw together and work out what got mixed up in their chemistry late last year. Josh is a better Quarterback when he is throwing the ball to Stef a lot. Stef is a better receiver with Josh Allen. They need each other. And for that reason I expect it gets fixed. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

The core of this team has failed 3 years in a row.  

As far as I'm concerned, the only immovable piece is Josh Allen.  

If someone wants to give us RD1 pick for Diggs.  Fine by me.  Just, for the love of God, get Josh Allen a legit OL.  If he has time, he will torch any defense, provided we reset the weaponry with a couple high picks and a vet WR.

I can't say I necessarily hate the idea of spending his money on OL in FA, bringing in OBJ and then double dipping early on say... Jordan Addison and Smith-Njigba or Jalin Hyatt.

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

Florio just makes ***** up. 

I have no idea if there's any smoke or fire!  My instinct says "no."

I do know that there is an ARMY of media guys who make a living discussing the NFL all day, every day.

They need things to talk about; that's a fact.

Just now, SCBills said:

The core of this team has failed 3 years in a row.  

As far as I'm concerned, the only immovable piece is Josh Allen.  

If someone wants to give us a haul for Diggs.  Fine by me.  Just, for the love of God, get Josh Allen a legit OL.  If he has time, he will torch any defense, provided we reset the weaponry with a couple high picks and, say, OBJ.  

If someone is willing to give us a package, or pick, in RD1.  I can't say I necessarily hate the idea of spending his money on OL in FA, bringing in OBJ and then double dipping early on say... Jordan Addison and Smith-Njigba or Jalin Hyatt.

Look at KC this last off-season.  They lose the guy I consider to be the most dangerous WR in the league, and they actually got BETTER offensively, statistically speaking.

If the team improves, I agree, pack Diggs' bags.  But I think it's more likely we regress if we lose him.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The relationship between Josh and Stef is the key one that needs fixing. It definitely fractured some down the stretch this year. They need to get together while they are off. Throw together and work out what got mixed up in their chemistry late last year.

There is not nearly enough attention given to Allen's UCL injury. I think that alone could explain why the offense became so boom or bust in the second half of the season. Deep throws aren't as dependent on elbow flexion. Short and intermediate throws are. I saw a noticeable dip in Allen's short and intermediate accuracy after that Jets game. I think there was a concerted effort to hide the injury as much as possible so we lost some of those rhythm throws that I know Allen can hit in his sleep.

Diggs is at his best on those intermediate throws. Once we lost consistency to that area his production tapered off. It's also possible that defenses figured out how to take Diggs out of the game once they had enough film on Dorsey's scheme.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the Bills trade Diggs this year prior to June 1st they have to eat 95 million dollars in dead cap over the next five years, including eating 37.5 million this season.  If they try and do it post June 1st they will eat 37.5 million dollars over the next five years, including a 11 million dollar cap hit this year.

I suppose they could try and do it post June 1st, but not sure how a cap strapped team is going to eat 11 million dollars in cap.   Next year is a lot more likely.

I wouldnt mind them moving on if they can get a WR back in the trade.  I thoroughly think the guy is starting to be a pain but going to very hard to move him this year.    If they do happen to look at this I hope to God they send his butt to a terrible team so he can see what it means to really fail.

https://overthecap.com/player/stefon-diggs/3994

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

He already signed his big contract. Too late now, too big of a cap hit. If this was last year there could have been something to it. There's no amount of picks that could replace this guy plus be worth it considering the cap issues

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh I think there is a small fire. I think he is pissed with the organisation for losing, pissed with Dorsey's playcalling and pissed with Josh for not getting him the ball when he is open. The question is whether the situation is salvageable. I think at the moment it definitely is. The relationship between Josh and Stef is the key one that needs fixing. It definitely fractured some down the stretch this year. They need to get together while they are off. Throw together and work out what got mixed up in their chemistry late last year. Josh is a better Quarterback when he is throwing the ball to Stef a lot. Stef is a better receiver with Josh Allen. They need each other. And for that reason I expect it gets fixed. 

Not sure it's more Dorsey than it is McDermott. He mentioned a few times that some teams are particularly offensively minded. Seemed like more of a high level criticism than anything. Can't say I disagree with him. 

• Agree 1