At what sports event did you have your worst experience?

Another Fan

holy cow this thread has some dark stuff. My worst game experience seems minor in comparison.

I was attending a Chargers-Bills game at Jack Murphy stadium 9-6-1998. The 4 of us at our kids first Bills game  ages 8 and 10.

We wore Bills gear and were heckled  in our seats by this chargers  jackhole who had written on the back of the freebie giveaway poster

"BILLS FANS SUCK". And commenced to walk back and forth  in front of our family and other Bills fans  and talkin chit. In front of my kids bro?

AWW HELL NAW

The aftermath was he was ejected by security, And the Bills lost the game. Tailgate was fun. 

Edited by muppy

Colts game  2021.

Technical issues -Only time I ever used the phone option for tickets.  Total disaster. Got through the line 15 minutes  before game,  couldn't get tickets to load.  One of the staff tried to help,  finally got to my seats with 2 minutes left in the first quarter.  

Weather issues-didn't rain pre game,  opted for not wearing rain pants. Don't think they would have helped much, 40 and raining all game 

Game itself-we got blown out 

• Sad 1

I was a kid, maybe 5th grade. We had season tickets at the Rockpile under the (leaky) roof. It was a rainy day, so my dad had his friends with end-zone seats swap tickets, and there I was with my friend Andy in the end zone. On a rainy day. When they still allowed umbrellas in the seats ahead of you. The game against the Chiefs was almost impossible to see, but you knew when they kicked a FG or an extra point, because this was before the nets caught the balls. A free-for-all would ensue every time. The 2 sober 10 year olds had no hopes of getting a ball. Ever. We just hoped to survive! 

Then it was over, and we stopped at the restroom on the way out. Leaving the restroom a GIANT MAN (to a 10 year old) stole Andy’s souvenir program from under his arms. Just ripped it away with a “what are YOU going to do” look about him. 

And you know what? I smiled as I typed all that. That’s a very fond memory.   🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

I went to an ice hockey game once in Prague. Never again.

In 2004 I went to Baku, Azerbaijan to watch the England soccer team. The under 21s had played the night before in glorious, warm sunshine. As I was going just for the day I decided to dress/travel light. Jeans and a light sweater would suffice. Passport, phone, cash and match ticket in pockets. 

Landed in Baku around 9am and it was hammering down with rain and the temperature had dropped remarkably. I also started to feel like absolute sh!t. My mates went off to find whatever there was to do in Baku at that time while I booked myself into the first hotel I cam across and slept all day. When I woke in time for the game the weather hadn't improved and there was also a risk the game could be postponed. All the way to Azerbaijan for nothing was a possibility. However, the game went ahead but conditions were absolutely rank. I was freezing cold and soaked. By half time the Azerbaijani police had realised they weren't going to be called into action and began starting fires in big metal barrels behind the stand. I spent 45 minutes huddled up with them trying to get warm and having conversations in a language neither party had any clue about. Towards the end we started singing Queen songs as most of the policemen looked like Freddie Mercury. 

England won 1-0 but that's all I can remember. Back to the airport straight after the game. The flight home was very uncomfortable. It was probably the only time I've not enjoyed a trip/day out to another country. 

I went to a pre-season Golden State Warriors game in like 2004 (Before the Warriors were good). It was an absolute joke. During pre-game introductions, one of the players, no idea who, grabbed the mic and thanked the fans for buying tickets so he could buy more gold chains. The basketball was dreadful. I left with about 5 minutes to go before the half. 

I was at an Oakland A's, Yankees game in 2003. We were all behaving ourselves. Then in the 9th inning, a rogue security guard comes from another section and starts yelling at all us A's fans to sit down. Those who argued got physically shoved by this guy, including my ex who was holding my 5-month-old daughter. Of course, I went nuts. I got face-to-face with this security guard. The lead guard in our section who went by Icebox (he was that big), came over, and calmly said "Ken, don't do anything, because I would have to do my job and arrest you". I said some choice words to this idiot and backed away. Everyone in our section contacted the A's front office, and they first said "security cameras weren't working for that game". We pressed harder, and all of a sudden this security guard was arrested on multiple charges of assault. But the A's weren't interested in pursuing this at all. All of our collective loud and annoying voices got them to take action. 

Oh by far HSBC Arena to see hockey. If there's one thing the Buffalo Sabres organization hates, it's fans of the sport. They want people to behave like it's study hall and sit quietly, and only cheer at corporately approved intervals. I'm pissed I gave the puck I caught to a random kid when an usher asked just to get yelled at by those red vested ass clowns for calling out the play, during play (no profanity!).

Fun fact: they haven't sniffed the playoffs since then. Good.

image.png.275971a1dd35a1bcd2de0b6aa1e63bc7.png

Edited by Ralonzo

Orioles fan.  Went to game vs. Red Sox this past season.  Had great seats right behind home plate - didn't pay Yankee stadium prices, but they weren't cheap.  It was a 4:00 game, and a couple 20 something guys show up and can tell they had been on golf course and soon after was evident they had been drinking all day.  They were Orioles fans also and one of them was just screaming nonsense the whole game.  Finally in about the 6th inning, he said something that caused my 21 year old to snap and tell him "would you just shut the f up" and we just kept going at it the remainder of our time in the seats.  He was insulting everything about us including my sunglasses and my orioles hat - which was just a normal hat.  We finally had enough and watched the last 2 innings from another section.  

I kept my eye on him from a couple of sections away and am happy to report that he obviously had pissed enough people off that he was being visited by Baltimore's finest in the 9th inning.  The O's lost, I spend $300+ on tickets and my ears hurt from his nonsense.  

I did email the Orioles after the game and they gave me 4 free tickets to another game later in the season that we went to and enjoyed.  But it was the first time I'd ever gotten into it with a fan of the team I was rooting for.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.