Von Miller's injury, and pass rush needs this offseason

Yantha

On 2/21/2023 at 4:49 AM, billybrew1 said:

It’s true, McBeane threw a mountainful of resources towards our DL since inception. Don’t forget DaQuon, Ed and Settle. All big money and/or resources.

And mediocrity is all we have to show for it.

I think if Leslie was given a young Bruce Smith we would have never heard of him. The linemen is Frazier’s D do what they are told. They do not read and react. This often leads to disasters….

I wish we had Wade Philips back as DC…

but even he would need a year to get his boys here.
Maybe more as our cap situation is very dire….

Remember that DL he built here?

He brought in my second favorite Bill of all-time in Ted Washington. He drafted Marcellus Wiley (and even better, MLB Sam Cowart. And even better than that, Antoine Winfield.) 

He had an old but still relavent Bruse Smith. He had Hanson too I Billieve.

Plus an up and coming Pat Washington….

Man, now that was a defense!

Definitely the best D we have had in the modern era.

I still can’t accept how stupid Tom Donahoe was…. Although it wasn’t his fault Sam Cowart was the victim of a severe cheap shot.

Tom was incredibly stupid signing Lawson while letting both Winfield and Williams exit in FA….

I remember Marv Levy had major coordinator problems and couldn’t solve them either….

ah…. I’m thru ranting for awhile…. Our situation is very depressing though….

That was an amazing defense. "The package", if I'm not mistaken that was the nickname, made of Phil Hansen, Ted Washington and Pat Williams was the best Bills DL I have seen play as a fan. Ted had unbelievable quickness for a 400 pounds monster, Pat was pretty much a slightly smaller (still 330+ I think) Ted, and Phil was a great all-around DE.

And Sam Cowart, well without the injury I think he could have become as good as Ray Lewis.

Thanks for bringing those guys up. I loved them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.