You get one player this offseason…who is it?

McBean

On 2/20/2023 at 11:39 AM, Roundybout said:

Totally agree with JSN through the draft. 

My free agency choice is Mike Gesicki. Don't think of him as a tight end, think of him as a monster wide receiver for red zone targets. We don't really have a huge 6-foot-5 jump ball guy and I think it would be a big boost in close situations. 

Round, I’ve been banging this drum for a bit once I heard the Fish were letting him walk.  Yes, he’s not a blocker.  We don’t need a blocker, we need a weapon.

Grab him for contested catches and we have our 12 personnel.  We have our 21 with Cook and Hines.  We can get our top 11 personnel by drafting a speedy WR in the 1st round, then 2 Guards.

Take the first 3 rds. and later maybe a safety.

For the love of God no more CB’s, DE’s, or RB’s.

• Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

go look at the salary of the RB's of any team that won the super bowl in the last 12 years.. the most was 2 million. You dont win in this league by paying RB's. File is too big so I'll help out

2022- Pacheco-870,000

2021- Cam Akers- 890,000

2020- Fournette- 2M

2019-Damien Willians 1,050,000

2018- Sony Michel- 480,000

2017/16- Blount- 900,000 and 760,000

2015-CJ Anderson- 585,000

2014- Blount- 730,000

2013-Harvin- 2.5M

2012-Ray Rice- 2M

2011- Bradshaw-1.5M

2010-Starks - 320,000

You dont win by paying RB's.... an RB is only as good as his OL

Josh Jacobs is not only a RB, he's a playmaker!! One that's done it in the league at a high mark. Killing two birds with one stone 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billz4ever said:

On the new ESPN+ article, they have best fits for FA's and they have Ben Powers for the Bills.  Maybe too expensive for us, but he's in the top 10 in both run block and pass block win rate.

Plus he has quite a bit of time at right guard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Josh Jacobs is not only a RB, he's a playmaker!! One that's done it in the league at a high mark. Killing two birds with one stone 

Ok, so how much do you want to pay him?

Or do you just build a very strong offensive line and do what every other team that has won a Super Bowl over 15 years has done? You build an offensive line and the person carrying the rock can be an undrafted FA. Please see the data provided. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Why anyone wouldn't like your "pick" haven't really seem the dude play. 

He's a GAME CHANGING WR. He reminds me of JJ... can haul about any pass in and can burn you. Long and FAST. 

This guys name has been brought up so much and the only people that like him are the people that havent seen him play.

He is very stiff, he doesnt do anything great. He had 6 TDs in a conference that doesnt play defense. He doesn't out jump anyone, he isn't physical ... he's a fast guy in a spread offense... he's a Kevin White... 

If this guy reminds you of Justin Jefferson, you REALLLLLY need to reevaluate what youre looking at.. they couldn't be further from each other. 

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Ok, so how much do you want to pay him?

Or do you just build a very strong offensive line and do what every other team that has won a Super Bowl over 15 years has done? You build an offensive line and the person carrying the rock can be an undrafted FA. Please see the data provided. 

This guys name has been brought up so much and the only people that like him are the people that havent seen him play.

He is very stiff, he doesnt do anything great. He had 6 TDs in a conference that doesnt play defense. He doesn't out jump anyone, he isn't physical ... he's a fast guy in a spread offense... he's a Kevin White... 

If this guy reminds you of Justin Jefferson, you REALLLLLY need to reevaluate what youre looking at.. they couldn't be further from each other. 

Funny... I watched him play at TCU for 3 seasons. He managed 163 yards against Michigan in the CFP. How many games did you see him play in?  Besides the CFP games.

He was the LONE WR on that team. Every team doubled him and he still had games where he just looked unstoppable. 

BTW: Defenses in the top 30 last season? 

Big XII: 4

SEC: 4

On 2/20/2023 at 8:34 AM, Conlan58 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to dumping a #1 draft pick for another weapon for Josh. Tee Higgins comes to mind - the contract would need to be figured out, but that's where Big Baller Beane comes in. 

But, of course, realistically, that’s the last thing we need. We need bargain greatness, not another super high-priced player.

We are supposed to getting better through the draft, but we’re just not making it… and we’re broke spending on mediocre free agents. It’s just a mess right now…. I’m sorry….

2 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Funny... I watched him play at TCU for 3 seasons. He managed 163 yards against Michigan in the CFP. How many games did you see him play in?  Besides the CFP games.

He was the LONE WR on that team. Every team doubled him and he still had games where he just looked unstoppable. 

BTW: Defenses in the top 30 last season? 

Big XII: 4

SEC: 4

Check the Big 12 schedules and you'll see why they are in the top 30. 

So you're telling me... you watched him for 3 seasons.... and you think he has the same skill as Justin Jefferson? MY LORD..... he had 163 yards against Michigan... one was a 80 yard catch and run on a drag where he wasn't touched.. he does NOTHING great.. .He wasn't the the LONE WR on that team.. he barely had 1000 yards and Duggan had 3700 passing yards. He rarely makes contested catches... he's a one trick pony. He's as stiff as a board. Go find one catch he makes that you're like 'YES, THIS IS JUSTIN JEFFERSON!' and post it here.

I watched probably 10 games of his.. I live in DFW

Edited by warrior9
  • Haha (+1) 1

My realistic pick would be Melvin Ingram

When Von Miller went down or pass, Rush disappeared

I don’t wanna be drafting any more edges. I definitely don’t want our first round pick to be a defensive player but taking an older age that’s still got a little bit of juice left would really help. I’m actually wondering whether or not we might be able to get jerry Hughes back

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Check the Big 12 schedules and you'll see why they are in the top 30. 

So you're telling me... you watched him for 3 seasons.... and you think he has the same skill as Justin Jefferson? MY LORD..... he had 163 yards against Michigan... one was a 80 yard catch and run on a drag where he wasn't touched.. he does NOTHING great.. .He wasn't the the LONE WR on that team.. he barely had 1000 yards and Duggan had 3700 passing yards. He rarely makes contested catches... he's a one trick pony. He's as stiff as a board. Go find one catch he makes that you're like 'YES, THIS IS JUSTIN JEFFERSON!' and post it here.

I watched probably 10 games of his.. I live in DFW

You sure hate the guy huh? Are you a Michigan fan? 

Ah yes, the mighty SEC games against the likes of ULM, Utah State and Austin Peay! Sam Houston State, Appy State, UMASS... I could go on an on. HUGE games. BIG TIME offenses going up against the SEC teams.  🤣

Dude, I never said "he has the same skills as Justin Jefferson". I said, he reminds me of him. That build, the strain he causes on defense with having to be covered by two DB's. Speed. 

You might be the most over-the-board drama queen on this page. (and that says a lot). 

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Edited by ArdmoreRyno

20 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Round, I’ve been banging this drum for a bit once I heard the Fish were letting him walk.  Yes, he’s not a blocker.  We don’t need a blocker, we need a weapon.

Grab him for contested catches and we have our 12 personnel.  We have our 21 with Cook and Hines.  We can get our top 11 personnel by drafting a speedy WR in the 1st round, then 2 Guards.

Take the first 3 rds. and later maybe a safety.

For the love of God no more CB’s, DE’s, or RB’s.

If they grabbed him, that may even take the pressure off Gabe Davis. 

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2023 at 11:34 AM, Conlan58 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to dumping a #1 draft pick for another weapon for Josh. Tee Higgins comes to mind - the contract would need to be figured out, but that's where Big Baller Beane comes in. 

You have kinda broken the rules of the game with your proposed TRADE. 

I think his agent is tough to deal with and might concern other teams if they try to extend him.

And why would the Bengals trade a quality WR who is still on his rookie deal? The Bengals won't give up any of Burrows weapons. 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You sure hate the guy huh? Are you a Michigan fan? 

Ah yes, the mighty SEC games against the likes of ULM, Utah State and Austin Peay! Sam Houston State, Appy State, UMASS... I could go on an on. HUGE games. BIG TIME offenses going up against the SEC teams.  🤣

Dude, I never said "he has the same skills as Justin Jefferson". I said, he reminds me of him. That build, the strain he causes on defense with having to be covered by two DB's. Speed. 

You might be the most over-the-board drama queen on this page. (and that says a lot). 

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Jesus. LMFAO 

Edited by warrior9
Big 12 Homer... no reason to try and have a convo. LOL

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.