Diggs interview with Dan Patrick on 2/10..

JerseyBills

22 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Turk... 

who can deny that this team got away with what they were doing well? I am pretty sure most watching can tell that offensively, this team got away from what it was doing good. Now..  I totally disagree with exactly how @QB Bills put it, I personally think both replies are poisoning these forums. What ever happened to the rule of thumb, argue the topics and not make it personal?

They didn’t get away from what they were doing well,  teams schemed to take it away. They had 8 weeks of game film, saw what Dorsey liked to call regularly, then took the early reads away. Dorsey never adjusted or his adjustments sucked given the O-line limitations.

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

They didn’t get away from what they were doing well,  teams schemed to take it away. They had 8 weeks of game film, saw what Dorsey liked to call regularly, then took the early reads away. Dorsey never adjusted or his adjustments sucked given the O-line limitations.

I tend to agree with you for the most part here because it also seemed that way to me from a fans viewing standpoint. I'm sure it's likely more to it, but the lack of adjustments and creativity was the impression I got as well

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

Could be right  but as I said in a post before,  Diggs mentions 9 weeks, the ucl happened in week 9, so it could've very well been that Dorsey tweaked the O because the injury.  I mean guys have missed months with the same injury. 

Allen and Diggs stats prior and after the injury are night and day. We'll see next year, might  be a coincidence but this O was on fire prior to it and took a noticeable decline after it

• Agree 1

Just now, Tipster19 said:

Wow, thanks for posting that! I’d like to see more posts like this, it’s kind of like an eyeball test of players. Like many I’m still curious about about his take with Josh, wondering where those two are at with each other. 

They are at the same place they've always been. That has been explained few different times a while ago. I mean you don't think they are now mortal enemies now do you?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

now this I can get behind :D nice post Run. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/19/2023 at 10:31 AM, JerseyBills said:

When Jefferson was brought up about winning opoy,  Diggs went out of his way to mention he has an offensive HC. Shot at McD? Maybe

Also brings up what we've been talking about how we looked different in the 1st 9 weeks - edit -, that was the Jets game where Josh injured his UCL. Coincidence? Maybe

Diggs did a lot of interviews on "radio row" during Super Bowl week. He made this point in a number of the interviews. Also noticed, while he was never critical of Josh directly, he never gave him any of the cliche' props ("that's my guy" kinda stuff, never any real affirmation about loving the Bills or anything like that) either.  I almost started a post about it, because to be honest, it made me a little uneasy.  I'm just hoping the team does enough (as much as they can) to show that they aren't standing pat... bring in another guy to open this passing game up.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Diggs sees it.

Again, except for direct snap to Knox, I don’t recall any O surprises.

-Eagles used “double RB QB Butt shove” and may become illegal.

-KC used ring-around-the-Rosie. 

I don’t recall anything remotely surprising from O in 2022. 

We didn't run a trick play all season.  I think Dorsey was too terrified to try anything.  I'm telling you he better substantially improve this fall or he's gone.

• Eyeroll 1

On 2/19/2023 at 6:51 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The visceral opposition to this is that the bills were so bad at hiring upgrades for sooooo long. Donahoe, Jauron, Malarkey, Wade, Marone, Wrecks, Nix, Gaily, Whaley, Russ… everyone was a fix 

Context is important for we longer tenured Bills fans i think.

McD need to work on his craft. But wow we have come a long long long long way

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/19/2023 at 2:44 PM, BillsFan692 said:

Isnt this quite disingenuous? Lets put on our back-in-time caps. Did the bills not have a similar to record to what we always had before McD joined the first year "we made" the playoffs??? We simply got lucky and the red rocket made a hell of a play to beat the ravens and send us in.

Our record wasnt improved that season over previous years with rex, it just happened to be good enough to squeak in that year.

For this you give mcd credit?

Then after that we drafted josh allen so anything after JA day cant really be credited to mcd since literally my blind grandpa could win games with JA dropping back.

Disingenuous for making the playoffs!?! Wow. 

Of course he gets credit. Couldn’t believe you asked that. 
That last paragraph is a doozy. You “Josh can do no wrong “ butt sniffers are really annoying with that mindset. Josh got lucky not to end up in Cleveland, New Jersey, Carolina or Arizona. There’s no way Josh is the star he is if they had drafted him. Just ask the other Josh. That JA day you referred to is a two way street. Both guys are lucky we drafted him. Your blind grandpa, huh. 

Diggs was 4th in the league with 108 receptions.

5th in the league in yds

tied for 3rd in the league in tds 

Not the afc, the entire league. 

All with playing 16, not 17 games. 
And a qb with an injured elbow. 
I don’t think it was a dig at anyone. Sounds like some major reaching going on here. 
If it was a dig, he’s a dumbass. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.