In light of Beane’s weak drafting maybe he should move up in the early rounds.

Tipster19

This may increase his percentage of success in finding better talent, hopefully it takes more risk out of his selections. The only thing left for acquiring better talent this year seems to be the draft. Right now finding quality of player is the biggest challenge facing McBeane during their tenure imo.

• Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

In a vacuum, maybe. However, this year with 24 Free Agents including multiple starters and being over the cap - I don't know that we can afford to be giving up picks in a Draft where we already only own 6 picks. I think trading down is much more likely this season.

Good point. If anything, maybe a trade-down for extra pick (s)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Just draft offensive lineman early. They are normally the safer picks and turns out that we need them 

Didn't we try this with Cody Ford?🤔😉.

So wouldn't this be picking for need? I thought we we're supposed to go BPA at value? Or is it BPA or positional value, or BPA at a position of need? I'm so confused!🤔😱😂😂

I do agree, OL and WR should be priority (at least as of today).👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

And Taron Johnson is getting old! I'm sure if we just draft one more corner it will make all the difference...this is the one for sure!

He has drafted literally 2 corners in the first 4 rounds in his FIVE drafts as Bills GM which is waaaaaayyyy below the league average. Taron Johnson and Kaiir Elam.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has drafted literally 2 corners in the first 4 rounds in his FIVE drafts as Bills GM which is waaaaaayyyy below the league average. Taron Johnson and Kaiir Elam.

And people actually wanted another corner in the 2nd last year after taking one in the 1st. :lol:

2 hours ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Need a first rounder on a DE who doesn't rush the passer—maybe another corner!

I was thinking more of a 1st round ILB. So what if you can get good ones in the middle rounds, let's trade up to get one!!!

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes, and they were both 1st rounders to play in a zone. One he drafted after snubbing his nose at Patrick Mahomes. The other he traded up for. Utterly shameful and waaaaayyyyy above league average. 😉

I do however get your point. This year I expect a 1st round safety because we "need" one.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

I’m starting to think it might be time to see if there’s a 3 Bills Drive, you’d think this team went 4-14 this year. 

Their record is even more impressive seeing Beane can’t draft, the FA signings are all busts, coaches are clueless, and Allen regressed.

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

In a vacuum, maybe. However, this year with 24 Free Agents including multiple starters and being over the cap - I don't know that we can afford to be giving up picks in a Draft where we already only own 6 picks. I think trading down is much more likely this season.

Move down to acquire draft picks? We all know that McDermott doesn't like to play young talent. Those picks will likely end up on the practice squad where they'll only get plucked by other teams. If those picks 4-6 can be used to get you a quality starter/major contributor for the upcoming season, then do it. 

1 hour ago, Shortchaz said:

just get out of the second round since we never hit on anyone there. See if we can’t get 10 round 5 picks for our 2nd round pick. 

Beaner doesn’t know how to draft in early rds it’s so weird! 😂 

32 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’m starting to think it might be time to see if there’s a 3 Bills Drive, you’d think this team went 4-14 this year. 

Their record is even more impressive seeing Beane can’t draft, the FA signings are all busts, coaches are clueless, and Allen regressed.

It’s all Allen ! Without Allen this is a 4 win team. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

McDermott drafted a third 

He did. And that guy was a first team all pro.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes, and they were both 1st rounders to play in a zone. One he drafted after snubbing his nose at Patrick Mahomes. The other he traded up for. Utterly shameful and waaaaayyyyy above league average. 😉

I do however get your point. This year I expect a 1st round safety because we "need" one.

No. Beane didn't draft White. Beane drafted Taron in the 4th and Kaiir in the 1st. His other defensive bacm picks are day 3. 

The Bills have NOT overprioritised DBs under this regime. The evidence is very clear. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.