Who hoists the hardware first?

GreggTX

Who wins it all first?  

248 members have voted

1. 1. Bills, Sabres win it all first or never gonna happen?

• Bills win Superbowl first
    • Sabres win Stanley Cup first
    • Neither team will ever win it all

Good question. That’s tough. The Bills are in their window but once the Sabres defense and goaltending develops/improves they’re going to be a force for years. They’re building something special.  

If I had to guess I would say Bills but I think both will have championships in the near future.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Who will do it first? Will it be the Bill's hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, the Sabres hoisting the Stanley Cup or neither?

by not showing names in a poll like this you are setting it up for trolls.

we either have 11 trolls or 11 non bills fans voting. as a fan of both sports, i cant even put in my head that neither team will win it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

13 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Who will do it first? Will it be the Bill's hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, the Sabres hoisting the Stanley Cup or neither?

Well , Im 70.. saw the Hockey Bisons win the AHL Championship in 62-63 , 69-70, and the Bills in 64 -66 two AFL Championships , and obviously both franchises made it close over the years.. i will believe it when i see it happen for one of them.. "13" seconds ,in  my opinion was the closest so far.. more so than wide right.. And will add another variable , even though, not in the context of the post..  The Buffalo Braves in the mid 70's/McAdoo years came real close.. if not for an official's BS call in a playoff game in Buffalo , very good chance , they would have won it all  in the NBA that year 

Edited by dwight in philly
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Honestly I think maybe the Sabres. They legit have at least 3 elite players right now in Thompson, Dahlin and Power and several other very good ones along with one of the deepest pipelines of talent in the NHL coming up if not THE deepest. I mean they are going to have a bunch of NHL ready players that might be stars that may have nowhere to play and be stuck in Rochester.

They could be contending for cups within 2 years.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I have been waiting 50+ years for one or the other to win it all, so you might want to “put it in your head”. 

same. point? I love my teams... and because I do, I will root for the best all the time. Def. not think like this.

8 hours ago, MJS said:

So why do you watch if you believe it is impossible?

this

11 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

by not showing names in a poll like this you are setting it up for trolls.

we either have 11 trolls or 11 non bills fans voting. as a fan of both sports, i cant even put in my head that neither team will win it. 

Have you read this forum since the loss to Cincy? Half of the people are negative about the Bills under McD and/or the Bills perpetually having bad luck. I didn't vote, but I am deciding between the options of nether, or the Bills win first. Having lived through Wide Right, the Music City Miracle, 13 seconds, 4th and 18, the last-second loss to the Chargers in the 1980 divisionals, 3 SB blowouts, etc., you can understand my pessimism.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.