DK Metcalf video

Lost

Guesstimating the jump in that video, it looked to be about 67". DK's vertical at the combine was 40.5". The video is obviously fake.

The highest standing vertical jump (as opposed to a platform vertical jump) recorded in an organized testing environment is 47.1 inches. I highly doubt that DK just broke that by nearly two feet. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Watching his dunks in the celebrity basketball game last night I can verify this is real.

Was the rim at this game double the normal height. This is clearly fake. 

Edit- just watched his dunks. While impressive they weren't anything close to this video

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I would fire on the spot  the scout who piped up in  the draft meeting and said "yeah, forget all that stuff and forget all that film we've seen .....the guy had the 30th 20 yard shuttle and 27th 3 cone drill"

He only has 67 total college catches. Don't forget he also had a neck injury that was concerning and the agility weren't just low for his draft they were low for a wr in any draft.

A simple google search will show a plethora of articles stating concern for his agility scores.

Again he wasn't a can't miss no brainer prospect.  He ended up being great pick but he was taken 64th overall and was the 9th receiver taken.  

There were some very good receivers taken before him including aj brown and deebo samuel.  There were also misses by the chiefs and eagles who were the representatives in the super bowl.  You firing those scouts? 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, section122 said:

Check again the only thing he set a record for was fastest 40 for a player over 225 lbs.

The only thing he was best at his own combine was most bench presses.

He had the 30th 20 yard shuttle and 27th 3 cone drill which called into question his agility along with a neck injury in college.

He wasnt the can't miss prospect you are smugly declaring him to be.  

Wow, he really needs to work on his celebratory ball spinning skills!

Edited by TAinLA

6 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Ok, his yards per catch dropped the last couple years but he still had over a 1,000 yards in 2022 with Gino Smith throwing to him.

If we can get a 6'4" receiver with that speed and vertical, despite route limitations, I'll take it. 

All that freaky athleticism and yet in 3 of 4 seasons his yards per game has been on par with 2022 Gabe Davis

3 hours ago, gobills404 said:

All that freaky athleticism and yet in 3 of 4 seasons his yards per game has been on par with 2022 Gabe Davis

Seems like you're implying Davis and Metcalf are pretty similar in terms of production.

Davis' first three seasons total yards:
2020: 599
2021: 549
2022: 836

Metcalf's first four seasons total yards:
2019: 900

2020: 1303   

2021: 967

2022: 1048

So you wanna talk yards per game and only count the games Davis started?

Look at his season three: a bona fide starter with Josh Freakin' Allen throwing to him and he had 836 yards.

Metcalof outproduced that in all four of his season and in his second pro season got 1303 yards, 467 yards more than Davis' full-time starter season three, or 56% more than Davis's best season. 56%.

If Davis ever gets 1200 yards in one season for any team I will give $100 to the charity of your choice. I doubt he'll ever get 1000 yards but that's my offer to you. And nothing in return.

Davis and Metcalf are not similar in the least in terms of production. I put my money where my mouth is. 

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

Seems like you're implying Davis and Metcalf are pretty similar in terms of production.

Davis' first three seasons total yards:
2020: 599
2021: 549
2022: 836

Metcalf's first four seasons total yards:
2019: 900

2020: 1303   

2021: 967

2022: 1048

So you wanna talk yards per game and only count the games Davis started?

Look at his season three: a bona fide starter with Josh Freakin' Allen throwing to him and he had 836 yards.

Metcalof outproduced that in all four of his season and in his second pro season got 1303 yards, 467 yards more than Davis' full-time starter season three, or 56% more than Davis's best season. 56%.

If Davis ever gets 1200 yards in one season for any team I will give $100 to the charity of your choice. I doubt he'll ever get 1000 yards but that's my offer to you. And nothing in return.

Davis and Metcalf are not similar in the least in terms of production. I put my money where my mouth is. 

Oh for sure, especially in terms of catch and drop percentage.

Metcalf hasn’t lived up to his potential yet, he could wind up being a top WR in the league but I’m not sure he’s earned the big bucks or the heavy trade value. 

11 hours ago, section122 said:

He only has 67 total college catches. Don't forget he also had a neck injury that was concerning and the agility weren't just low for his draft they were low for a wr in any draft.

A simple google search will show a plethora of articles stating concern for his agility scores.

Again he wasn't a can't miss no brainer prospect.  He ended up being great pick but he was taken 64th overall and was the 9th receiver taken.  

There were some very good receivers taken before him including aj brown and deebo samuel.  There were also misses by the chiefs and eagles who were the representatives in the super bowl.  You firing those scouts? 

Yeah but did any of them draft a DT that can't rush the passer or stop the run AND a guard who's now effectively out of the league?

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

12 hours ago, section122 said:

Why would I fire scouts who are wearing their shiny new SB rings in the meeting?  The Chiefs and Eagles have both won SBs since 2017 and both lost a lot of guys, rebuilt parts of their teams, and got back to the SB this past season.  Are you really pointing out that their scouts are lacking because they (of all teams!) passed on Metcalf?

Come on...go back and edit your post!

Anyway, no one was looking at a beast like Metcalf for his "agility".  And they Bills were desperate for WR help--actually ANY skill position help--after finishing the 2018 season with Foster/Benjamin/Croom/Zay Jones as receivers.  Their solution?  Bring in tail-end-career 2nd and 3rd options Beasley and Brown (hilariously, they would repeat this sad bit in a bizarre act of desperation this season!) , passing on Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, AJ Brown...guys at a desperately needed playmaker position, for an O-lineman.  They compounded the error by taking a RB in the 3rd when they could have had their O-lineman in the second and a WR (McLaurin, for example).  With 2 picks in the 3rd, they came away with Singletary and Knox.   Look at al the WRs that came out of that draft.  Slayton, Renfro.

Beane mightily struggles to select Offensive skill players. He has always disregarded the WR position.  He figures he struck gold with Josh Allen so, what's left to do?

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why would I fire scouts who are wearing their shiny new SB rings in the meeting?  The Chiefs and Eagles have both won SBs since 2017 and both lost a lot of guys, rebuilt parts of their teams, and got back to the SB this past season.  Are you really pointing out that their scouts are lacking because they (of all teams!) passed on Metcalf?

Come on...go back and edit your post!

Anyway, no one was looking at a beast like Metcalf for his "agility".  And they Bills were desperate for WR help--actually ANY skill position help--after finishing the 2018 season with Foster/Benjamin/Croom/Zay Jones as receivers.  Their solution?  Bring in tail-end-career 2nd and 3rd options Beasley and Brown (hilariously, they would repeat this sad bit in a bizarre act of desperation this season!) , passing on Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, AJ Brown...guys at a desperately needed playmaker position, for an O-lineman.  They compounded the error by taking a RB in the 3rd when they could have had their O-lineman in the second and a WR (McLaurin, for example).  With 2 picks in the 3rd, they came away with Singletary and Knox.   Look at al the WRs that came out of that draft.  Slayton, Renfro.

Beane mightily struggles to select Offensive skill players. He has always disregarded the WR position.  He figures he struck gold with Josh Allen so, what's left to do?

Them winning super bowls was exactly my point.  You said you would fire scouts who discounted metcalf for his agility score.  I used the chiefs and eagles because they didnt just choose another position they prioritized the position then chose a different wr than metcalf who are much worse than metcalf.  Jjaw who the eagles took is every bit as bad as cody ford.

Taking metcalf over ford was clearly the right choice but thats not at all what was being discussed. Metcalf being some cant miss prospect was.

Also are you arguing prioritizing the wr position over building the oline?  I disagree with that take if so.  This year is a good example of that.  I think the Bills will benefit more fixing the o line as opposed to finding a wr2.  The chiefs have a worse wr room than the bills imo. 

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yeah but did any of them draft a DT that can't rush the passer or stop the run AND a guard who's now effectively out of the league?

Eagles drafted andre dillard and jjaw so yes they had a bad couple of picks salvaged with miles sanders who was also drafted before metcalf.

Patriots drafted nkeal harry and joejuan williams before metcalf who both busted.

Chiefs drafted mecole hardman who has been mediocre and juan thornhill who has been productive.  

Chiefs definitely had the best draft but missed on the wr valuation.  The Bills didnt even draft that position in the first 2 rounds so choosing this hill to hammer them on is kind of silly.

Yes it would be great to have metcalf on this team but he went 64th overall and the 9th wr overall.  Every team had a chance to take him.  Some very good front offices passed on him and selected other wrs that were much worse.  It's the draft that happens.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.