DK Metcalf video

Lost

10 hours ago, DaggersEOD said:

I was absolutely STUNNED when he wasn’t the pick. I though the team was collecting athletic freaks and he is the very definition of one. 

Man, just thinking of JA tossing bombs to DK makes too much sense.

Epic fail IMO.  Such a layup. 

I believe he thought he was going to be a Bill too. I remember a pic floating around the internet with him in a Bills hoodie prior to the draft

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, section122 said:

Check again the only thing he set a record for was fastest 40 for a player over 225 lbs.

The only thing he was best at his own combine was most bench presses.

He had the 30th 20 yard shuttle and 27th 3 cone drill which called into question his agility along with a neck injury in college.

He wasnt the can't miss prospect you are smugly declaring him to be.  

It's his overall measurables that are absolutely off the charts which made him comparable and arguably better prospect than Julio Jones who was the #6 overall pick in his draft and that was considered him sliding and Atlanta traded up for him as a result. For the Bills, who didn't have Diggs at the time, to pass on Metcalf twice was completely unfathomable. Every NFL fan knew it at the time and it's still true today.

1738255083_download(1).jpeg.f0000d3a2cac5f2aac03f19421fa0fdc.jpeghttps://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/3/18247898/dk-metcalf-2019-nfl-combine-superhero-performance-40-vertical

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Who was the Great Bambino...

...telling Charlie Root and the Cubs bench he'd hit the ball down their ***da** throats.  

Yes. Though it hardly captures the imagination of today’s cell phone clinging fans who buy into photo chicanery.

2 hours ago, section122 said:

Check again the only thing he set a record for was fastest 40 for a player over 225 lbs.

The only thing he was best at his own combine was most bench presses.

He had the 30th 20 yard shuttle and 27th 3 cone drill which called into question his agility along with a neck injury in college.

He wasnt the can't miss prospect you are smugly declaring him to be.  

I would fire on the spot  the scout who piped up in  the draft meeting and said "yeah, forget all that stuff and forget all that film we've seen .....the guy had the 30th 20 yard shuttle and 27th 3 cone drill"

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Pete said:

most of TBD was screaming to draft DK Metcalf.  Instead the Bills passed on DK twice.  Instead, from the 8th slot, we drafted Ed Oliver and Cordy Ford.  DK goes 64.  

sometimes TBD knows more than whomever is making draft selections

Nice use of whomever. 

9 hours ago, H2o said:

He's got hops, but not standing leap over Kevin Hart hops. This is fake. 

He's not bending his knees enough to generate that sort of leap, and humans can't jump that high anyway.

Isn't there a known vertical jump for the guy from the combine?

Just looked it up; 40.5" which is pretty fantastic!

In the video he's jumping like 5 feet however.

15 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Who are you talking about? This thread is about DK Metcalf

Ok, his yards per catch dropped the last couple years but he still had over a 1,000 yards in 2022 with Gino Smith throwing to him.

If we can get a 6'4" receiver with that speed and vertical, despite route limitations, I'll take it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.