Suitable Edmunds Replacements in the draft

Chaos

2 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If there's a Luke Keuchly type LB available at #27 and that remains the biggest hole on the team, I expect them to reach a little for one of the three LBs.

I wouldn't have a problem with it though I'm still on the protect Josh train.

They can go RT in the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, noacls said:

Starting to think Baylon Spector is the guy. I believe Beane mentioned he deserved a chance and that he will be in Buffalo all off-season. 

I think he can be coached up by McD. 

Spector should excell in the McD defense. He deserves the opportunity and I think we will be pleasantly surprised. 

Drew Sanders Pro day:

Drew Sanders

Height: 6-4

Weight: 236

Bench Press (225 lbs): --

Broad Jump: 9-10

Vertical Jump: 37.0

40-yard Dash: 4.59

20-yard Shuttle: 4.38

L Drill: 7.15

Good explosion numbers. But I gotta say that when you look at Campbell and Sanders, again Campbell had the better workout aside from aside from the 40. This idea that Campbell is unathletic is just wrong. He is 20 lbs heavier than Sanders and has Sanders beat on all these things, and he he has all those instincts off the ball in the box. 

I lean Campbell/Simpson at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Drew Sanders Pro day:

Drew Sanders

Good explosion numbers. But I gotta say that when you look at Campbell and Sanders, again Campbell had the better workout aside from aside from the 40. This idea that Campbell is unathletic is just wrong. He is 20 lbs heavier than Sanders and has Sanders beat on all these things, and he he has all those instincts off the ball in the box. 

What were Campbell's numbers at his Pro Day?  Can't seem to find them.

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Drew Sanders Pro day:

Drew Sanders

I agree for the most part… Campbell 3 Cone was impressive 6.7, which makes up for the 4.65 40….

But 1 thing you can’t deny is Sanders ability to get to the QB.  It’s a toss up. You kind of know what you’re getting with Campbell where as with Sanders he seem like his got big upside, but that’s always a gamble.

Also I’d like to know just exactly how much is Luke keuchly teaching Campbell? Could he be doing classroom instruction and film type talk of our scheme??? That’s huge, on top of the physical workouts….

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Drew Sanders Pro day:

Drew Sanders

I think Campbell is underappreciated, even though he is highly regarded. I think he's going to be a great pro and have an outstanding career.

• Like (+1) 1

We just spent 5 years with a LB who had elite athletic traits but no instincts.

Give me the guy who has great instincts and good athleticism. If that’s Campbell then fine.

Personally I don’t think that MLB hole is as deep as everyone thinks. McD is changing the D and the responsibilities of the Mike can be adjusted. If there is a potential great OT or WR on the board I’d take that before LB in the first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I agree for the most part… Campbell 3 Cone was impressive 6.7, which makes up for the 4.65 40….

But 1 thing you can’t deny is Sanders ability to get to the QB.  It’s a toss up. You kind of know what you’re getting with Campbell where as with Sanders he seem like his got big upside, but that’s always a gamble.

Also I’d like to know just exactly how much is Luke keuchly teaching Campbell? Could he be doing classroom instruction and film type talk of our scheme??? That’s huge, on top of the physical workouts….

Yeah, I think Sanders has an interesting upside in a defense that is multiple and moves people around. Could he be the mike for us in base sets, then go to the edge in nickel situations with Rapp coming in to play backer? Sure. I mean it upgrades multiple spots and lets Sanders be versatile. 

Not sure they go there. For a team that values versatility so much, they don't typically allow guys to kind of show off that versatility, and that's why I tend to lean toward Simpson and Campbell. Sanders strikes me as a guy who would excel in a 3-4 multiple defense. 

I'm just not sure if any of these LBs in the draft have a better chance of succeeding over Bernard and Spector.

A lot of the same things you hear about Sanders, is what was being said about Bernard in College.  I'm not just not a fan of Campbell.  Reminds me of Poz, who would get eaten alive in today's NFL.

I personally like Spector's college tape a lot, and his play anytime he got time in Buffalo was good.

Edited by Back2Buff

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.