Suitable Edmunds Replacements in the draft

Chaos

On 2/17/2023 at 5:26 PM, Chaos said:

I love Jack Campbell.  Different type of player.  We need to to address offense in rounds 1 and 2.   He won't be around in round three. But he his an old school MLB.  might be wasted in the McDermott/Frazier full time prevent defense. 

Didnt find him on the wrestling roster...Pass

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bernard is likely the answer. Beane is not a dummy. He used a third round pick on him last year knowing full well there was a very real chance Edmunds would walk the following year, leaving a gaping hole at the position.

Looking at his game log for Baylor over 4 years isn’t that inspiring. 3 INTs and 0 FF over 42 games. 55% of his tackles were on his own. Sounds, like Edmunds. The only difference I’m seeing is he was pretty decent and pressuring and getting to the QB. 

With minimal splash plays against mediocre teams led me to wonder how he became a top #90 pick. Hope it works out for Bernard and the Bills but I’m not convinced and if they go LB first 2 days again… Neither is the FO. 

9 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Myles Jack is interesting. Cheaper alternative to Wagner. 

Jack would probably be a 2/12 guy and Wagner a 2/14 guy.  We'd have to restructure more contracts.  I have no faith in Bernard or Dodson filling Tremaine's position.  And that leaves drafting Sanders or Campbell in the 2nd round?  Those are the remaining options.

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Jack would probably be a 2/12 guy and Wagner a 2/14 guy.  We'd have to restructure more contracts.  I have no faith in Bernard or Dodson filling Tremaine's position.  And that leaves drafting Sanders or Campbell in the 2nd round?  Those are the remaining options.

No way Jack makes more than the $3.2m from last year…

Draft or one of the remaining carcasses is it then 😂

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Several Websites seem to like Nick Herbig's Athleticism and think he could succeed in the NFL as an off-ball linebacker.  Any opinions on Herbig? 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-herbig/32004845-5204-2107-989b-b9a0ebf10845

Herbig is the classic small white guy, high motor edge player. He’s a really nice player. He’s a projection though, like a poor mans Drew Sanders, with way less length and upside. He lacks length, but he can play. I’m not sure I would take him before the third, but I wouldn’t bet against him either. In terms of a fit in our defense? I don’t think it’s there honestly. But I could see him carve out a Kaden Ellis like career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Several Websites seem to like Nick Herbig's Athleticism and think he could succeed in the NFL as an off-ball linebacker.  Any opinions on Herbig? 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/nick-herbig/32004845-5204-2107-989b-b9a0ebf10845

I have only seen him in coverage a few times, most of the time he is rushing the passer from the edge. Probably would take a lot of training to get him to an off ball player.

I think if you are looking for guys that maybe could learn to be good off ball players, Yasir Abdullah has the most potential. I’ll link to my post in a previous thread below. He was a big time edge rusher but was played off ball and in space a good amount and did well.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think Sanders has the highest upside. Bills should be in on him or Simpson.

They both seem to have McD traits and tons of upside and athletic ability. I love Jack too. I'll take any of the three. Sanders is also just 21 in December, so there is definitely some growth potential there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Drew Sanders would be an excellent addition to this team, I would imagine that McDermott sees him as another Kuechly because of his range, demeanor and reliability.

I wouldn't completely disqualify the Bills trading up into the early part of the second round to land an OT prospect as well, I think having that extra third round comp pick next year gives them a bit of leverage to trade up if there's a guy they really covet this year to provide competition to Spencer Brown.

On 3/22/2023 at 12:47 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Bernard is likely the answer. Beane is not a dummy. He used a third round pick on him last year knowing full well there was a very real chance Edmunds would walk the following year, leaving a gaping hole at the position.

That would truly be sad.  Guy is 6 ft 224. That's like playing Coy Wire at MLB. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.