Suitable Edmunds Replacements in the draft

Chaos

9 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

I think they’ll salivate over Campbell.  I expect him to be the pick at 27

I think they salivate over Simpson. I think that he their flavor of modern coverage backer. He may seem on the smaller side, but he's the same as Lavonte David, a bit taller. I prefer Campbell, but it's close. I really think Campbell is going to be special. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think they salivate over Simpson. I think that he their flavor of modern coverage backer. He may seem on the smaller side, but he's the same as Lavonte David, a bit taller. I prefer Campbell, but it's close. I really think Campbell is going to be special. 

I want the instinctive guy, as the new QB of our defense. Whoever that might be. Tremaine sorely lacked that, and it's a big reason he never made splash plays. Basically, give me another Milano

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I want the instinctive guy, as the new QB of our defense. Whoever that might be. Tremaine sorely lacked that, and it's a big reason he never made splash plays. Basically, give me another Milano

That is definitely Campbell imo. Simpson is kind of still learning the in box position, but his instincts are awesome as well, he just isn't as plug-and-play as Campbell imo. Simpson is probably the better playmaker. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That is definitely Campbell imo. Simpson is kind of still learning the in box position, but his instincts are awesome as well, he just isn't as plug-and-play as Campbell imo. Simpson is probably the better playmaker. 

I have speculated Simpson because he does seem to match up perfectly with their ideal. Jack Campbell is closer to the Platonic ideal of LB, though. I think when God thinks LB, he thinks Jack Campbell. (I'd be happy with either. Drew Sanders is probably in the conversation, too.)

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I have speculated Simpson because he does seem to match up perfectly with their ideal. Jack Campbell is closer to the Platonic ideal of LB, though. I think when God thinks LB, he thinks Jack Campbell. (I'd be happy with either. Drew Sanders is probably in the conversation, too.)

Campbell feels like a guy who is going to be drafted by the Steelers or the Patriots or Seahawks or something and be the best linebacker in the league for 10 years and it will annoy me every day. 

We seem to ignore these types of blue-chippers, but as Doc mentioned, hopefully, the Kuechly connection pushes the envelope. You will have to take him at 27 though. He won't get to our round 2 pick imo. As crazy as it sounds, I could see Ron Rivera and Washington taking him at 16. Ideally, you can trade back a bit and take Campbell or Simpson. 

Nice little article on Campbell: 

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/iowas-jack-campbell-is-a-middle-linebacker-nfl-scouts-destined-to-love/article_4159d946-b933-11ed-ad5c-2f2d2aa26cab.html

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

He went 2 pro bowls and most NFL Analysts agree he was snubbed last season. What’s your point?

The general consensus is that the pro bowl is complete BS, see Rodger Saffold. Whereas The All-pro team is legit, the real deal. Tremain has not been an all-pro, though he has gotten votes in the past. 

8 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

The more I watch Drew Sanders the more I think he is our guy 

Just wondering why?  

athletically sure.  He’s kind of like Tremaine in that he has very little experience playing the Mike and is probably better off playing outside. So I guess he makes sense in that regard….. but I think Dodson would be our starter all season if Sanders is the pick.  

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Just wondering why?  

athletically sure.  He’s kind of like Tremaine in that he has very little experience playing the Mike and is probably better off playing outside. So I guess he makes sense in that regard….. but I think Dodson would be our starter all season if Sanders is the pick.  

He’s all over the field, the guy can cover and get to the ball carrier. Has enough size to play Mike, 6’4” 235lb. And from my eye test he plays with instinct, something Edmunds lacked bigly. Also we wouldn’t have to use our first pick on him either. Does that work for ya? Also Dodson is a joke in coverage. 

Edited by BrainwashedBillsFan

52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The general consensus is that the pro bowl is complete BS, see Rodger Saffold. Whereas The All-pro team is legit, the real deal. Tremain has not been an all-pro, though he has gotten votes in the past. 

He does have votes but only a handful. Think it was single figures over 5 years. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

He’s all over the field, the guy can cover and get to the ball carrier. Has enough size to play Mike, 6’4” 235lb. And from my eye test he plays with instinct, something Edmunds lacked bigly. Also we wouldn’t have to use our first pick on him either. Does that work for ya? Also Dodson is a joke in coverage. 

Yeah, thanks.  A couple SEC guys that I know and trust disagree with the instincts portion of your assessment, but they could be wrong. I’ve only watched highlights to this point, so I can really comment on him.

they think he’s too often caught out of position due to where he thinks the play is going- but he’s wrong.  Often fooled by the QB’s eyes and playaction.  Mahomes will have a field day working him over in the middle of the field.  Things that can be improved upon with experience and good coaching 

I like the athlete and think he’s ok value in rd 2.  He’s like the 2nd rd version of Tremaine minus the wingspan.  

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah, thanks.  A couple SEC guys that I know and trust disagree with the instincts portion of your assessment, but they could be wrong. I’ve only watched highlights to this point, so I can really comment on him.

they think he’s too often caught out of position due to where he thinks the play is going- but he’s wrong.  Often fooled by the QB’s eyes and playaction.  Mahomes will have a field day working him over in the middle of the field.  Things that can be improved upon with experience and good coaching 

I like the athlete and think he’s ok value in rd 2.  He’s like the 2nd rd version of Tremaine minus the wingspan.  

I agree with this. I am not sure what to make of him. I feel a lot more confident in Campbell and Simpson, but I do think Sanders can be really good eventually. Is he coming in and wearing the green dot? No way. Campbell yes. Simpson maybe.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree with this. I am not sure what to make of him. I feel a lot more confident in Campbell and Simpson, but I do think Sanders can be really good eventually. Is he coming in and wearing the green dot? No way. Campbell yes. Simpson maybe.  

Yeah…and that’s why I think Sanders is the only option rd 2.  The other guys will be gone.  He might be too

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah…and that’s why I think Sanders is the only option rd 2.  The other guys will be gone.  He might be too

Yeah I think Sanders makes a lot more sense for a 3-4 team...he would fit awesome in Wink Martindale's defense because he can do so many things. I don't love him as a tampa 2 mike. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Do you feel that jack campbell is that much better than him and would you take him at 27?

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

He went 2 pro bowls and most NFL Analysts agree he was snubbed last season. What’s your point?

All pro and pro bowl are not the same thing. Look it up. My point is Edmunds is overrated. Addition by subtraction

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.