Suitable Edmunds Replacements in the draft

Chaos

9 minutes ago, Chaos said:

And that is exactly my proposition.  I guess people are not familiar with the phrase "Dark Horse"

Lemme guess, you read some sleeper article, saw his name on there, and came and tried to regurgitate the same info here to appear like you have this great insight.  

Stop mentioning Pacheco.  For every 1 of him, there are a 1000 nobodies.  And you act like Pacheco carried them to a SB lol.

Second, it’s substantially easier to find a late round RB to contribute in a rotation than a MLB who starts and plays most the game who is the QB of the defense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Did you read the write on draft buzz. Not aligned with your conclusions at all. 

I don't put allot of stock in draft buzz, I read the write ups on players before I watch the film and most of the time they're not quite on target. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

He's a big boy, and he's got straight line speed, but he's an edge defender and one of the knocks on him is his lack of instincts against the run. We just had one of those. 

We didn't get him in the 7th round though. :)

2 hours ago, 947 said:

A 260lb LB?

I see that his shuttle is in the 9th percentile. That shows his change of direction is very slow despite being really "straight line" fast, that's definitely due to his size. LBs need to be fast changing directions, in coverage and everything else they do. I agree with the others that he's probably an Edge prospect, not a LB.

Agility would be one of my concerns too.  I would not say that he couldn't become an effective Mike linebacker, but I'd like to see him lose some weight and see if that lets him become more agile.  He is also going to need some development and coaching to make the transition to an NFL middle linebacker.  If the Bills were to start him in 2023, the defense would suffer.

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

I don't put allot of stock in draft buzz, I read the write ups on players before I watch the film and most of the time they're not quite on target. 

That’s why so many fans get pissed when X, Y player gets passed up for some unknown or lesser guy. Most scouting reports are outdated even from reputable places. You have to watch with your own eyes and formulate your own opinion. 

I’ll give you an example. I started watching the safety position. I watch Quan Martin out of Illinois. I see a guy who excels as a Nickel CB, can play the deep half in zones really well who is a realizable tackler despite his size. Has played in the box and the boundary at an average level. 

Then I look at the combine numbers and see 4.47, 44 inch Vert etc. 

So I’m like damn good football player, who’s versatile, shown he’s a high level athlete. I’m like let me check the draft prognosticators. All like 4th and 5th round. Instead of questioning myself because of an old scouting  report, I laugh because I know watching tape and how the NFL works that Quan Martin is most likely going to go in round 2. 

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

That’s why so many fans get pissed when X, Y player gets passed up for some unknown or lesser guy. Most scouting reports are outdated even from reputable places. You have to watch with your own eyes and formulate your own opinion. 

I’ll give you an example. I started watching the safety position. I watch Quan Martin out of Illinois. I see a guy who excels as a Nickel CB, can play the deep half in zones really well who is a realizable tackler despite his size. Has played in the box and the boundary at an average level. 

Then I look at the combine numbers and see 4.47, 44 inch Vert etc. 

So I’m like damn good football player, who’s versatile, shown he’s a high level athlete. I’m like let me check the draft prognosticators. All like 4th and 5th round. Instead of questioning myself because of an old scouting  report, I laugh because I know watching tape and how the NFL works that Quan Martin is most likely going to go in round 2. 

Sometimes it works that way. Sometimes the NFL gets caught in the groupthink as well though. That is why really good players can often go later than their talent desrves and on odd occasions not get drafted at all. 

As for Martin I had a late 3rd on him. It is positional value that I struggle with him a bit on. I think you are right nickel corner is his position, that caps him a tad for me.

I want a proven commodity as our Mike/2nd linebacker.

Give me a player with a ring. A player that has earned All Pro honors and anchored a great defense with a veteran poise and consistent presence.

That name is...Bobby Wagner

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Sometimes it works that way. Sometimes the NFL gets caught in the groupthink as well though. That is why really good players can often go later than their talent desrves and on odd occasions not get drafted at all. 

As for Martin I had a late 3rd on him. It is positional value that I struggle with him a bit on. I think you are right nickel corner is his position, that caps him a tad for me.

See and thats whats great about the scouting opinions. What you feel is a pigeon hole keeping him down, I see as a guy who can play 3 positions for 1 player and has higher value than others because of it. Its not a knock I find this aspect of things fun. I disagree with the late 3rd. Could you talk me into early 3rd round then yes I can go with that.

I wish the guy from army (Andre Carter) didn't have his commitment in stone with them he looks like a beast 6' 6" 240 with room to put on weight & he runs in the 4.2's if he didn't have the commitment to the army they said he'd be a 1st rounder ...

Edited by T master

Just now, T master said:

I wish the guy from army (Andre Carter) didn't have his commitment in stone with them he looks like a beast 6' 6" 240 with room to put on weight & he runs in the 4.2's if he didn't have the commitment to the army they said he'd be a 1st rounder ...

Seems he could be stronger.  11 on bench press seemed off. maybe a bad day. 

NFL grades DJ Johnson at 6.14.  He is definitely not a shmoe. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I truly think it will be "Captain" Jack Campbell from Iowa, big, instinctive, excellent in coverage if we don't end up signing a veteran.

He would be over drafted at 27, and won't make it to 59.   I would be ok with him at 27 though, and thrilled at 59. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Wizard said:

I want a proven commodity as our Mike/2nd linebacker.

Give me a player with a ring. A player that has earned All Pro honors and anchored a great defense with a veteran poise and consistent presence.

That name is...Bobby Wagner

Kids and their shiny name brand toys

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I truly think it will be "Captain" Jack Campbell from Iowa, big, instinctive, excellent in coverage if we don't end up signing a veteran.

High for 27
Would make a great trade down candidate, though

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Kids and their shiny name brand toys

High for 27
Would make a great trade down candidate, though

i was thinking more for the 2nd round, I may be going out on a limb here but there may be 0 ILB taken in round 1 and a run in round 2. My guess is that he'd be there for us in round 2 but that could be a stretch we'll see.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.