The Bills should trade for Mike Evans

FireChans

Feel like Evans is not the kind of reviver that will produce well after the age of 30. Given what we would have to give up in trade and salary I don’t hubbub would have to pass. 

Let’s find another Diggs, a disgruntled wr who feels they are not being utilized correctly and under the age of 27. Possibly even on a rookie deal still.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Obviously I meant Vincent Jackson-like production.

Never saw that article before either.  He must have been in rough shape.

Yeah he didn't last long after he left the game.

Evans and Jackson not only had similar skillsets but they actually both had 1,000 yard seasons playing across from each other in Tampa in 2014.

I'm not in favor of giving up anything as far as picks are concerned right now. Nothing. That includes trading up. I think the Bills should be concentrating on trading a few of their own players and getting extra picks. Then using the Draft to stay ahead with picks every year...not behind. More chances at landing good roster players on Rookie deals is what they'll need most the next few years. B-)

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Feel like Evans is not the kind of reviver that will produce well after the age of 30. Given what we would have to give up in trade and salary I don’t hubbub would have to pass. 

Let’s find another Diggs, a disgruntled wr who feels they are not being utilized correctly and under the age of 27. Possibly even on a rookie deal still.

How about Mims from Miami?

On 2/18/2023 at 8:04 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

They aren't the same type of investment though.

Meyers is probably getting $40M or more guaranteed..........Evans in this scenario is $14M.

Ultimately,  I think you want to get below those kind of price points for WR2-WR3 in 2024.

If you trade for Evans, he’s going to want a new contract, and he’ll have all the leverage.  You’re looking at something like 3/$70.

On 2/17/2023 at 2:55 PM, SCBills said:

Are we extending Gabe Davis? 

If not, I’m certainly open to sending Gabe to Tampa for Mike Evans. 

Still need to draft a WR early.  

Then we can platoon Beasley and Shakir in the slot. 

I dont think it would be wise to just give up on Davis. He has certainly done enough in his very young career to be given another opportunity. 

On 2/18/2023 at 10:34 PM, MJS said:

I think we need a speedster. Someone who can get vertical quickly. We also need a slot guy.

Shakir is a speedster and a slot guy. 

On 2/18/2023 at 9:09 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I feel like Chark could be that guy.

Also loving Tyler Scott in the 2nd/3rd. Kid can FLY and fits the good guy mold.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I dont think it would be wise to just give up on Davis. He has certainly done enough in his very young career to be given another opportunity. 

Shakir is a speedster and a slot guy. 

Shakir has 10 catches in his career. The fifth rounder from Boise is who we are relying on?

2 hours ago, Billl said:

If you trade for Evans, he’s going to want a new contract, and he’ll have all the leverage.  You’re looking at something like 3/$70.

I don't know about that.   He is a different dude.   I suspect if he got traded he'd want to see how the season went before he committed to an area.    I'm not sure playing with a great QB is even a priority for him.   He's not a diva but I watched a lot of his games this year and he seemed disinterested at times despite having Tom Brady throwing passes to him.    I wouldn't be surprised if he put up another 1,000 yards somewhere but then  just retired after next season.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't know about that.   He is a different dude.   I suspect if he got traded he'd want to see how the season went before he committed to an area.    I'm not sure playing with a great QB is even a priority for him.   He's not a diva but I watched a lot of his games this year and he seemed disinterested at times despite having Tom Brady throwing passes to him.    I wouldn't be surprised if he put up another 1,000 yards somewhere but then  just retired after next season.

If he was considering retirement, wouldn’t he do it before uprooting to Buffalo for a year?

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

If he was considering retirement, wouldn’t he do it before uprooting to Buffalo for a year?

I'd say if he doesn't get a new contract before UFA opens in a few weeks..........that would be a red flag about his desire to play a lot longer.     29 year old 1,000 yard receivers don't go into walk years anymore.    They know their value.    The Bucs are in a massive salary crunch between the debt and the free agent talent............it should be a no brainer to extend him for 5 more years and push that debt down the road.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.