What is the one, most important move the Bills should make this off-season?

HT02

What is the one, most important move the Bills should make this off-season?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most move the Bills should make to improve the odds for winning SB LVIII?

• New Defensive Coordinator
    • New Offensive Coodinator
    • New Head Coach
    • Add 1b/#2 Receiver
    • Fix the OL
    • Resign Poyer/Edmunds or find improved replacements
    • Add #1 RB

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/24/2023 at 10:02 PM

I think both lines are still the key. 
Lot of ways to win in this league. 
Pass rush is always the key to this defense and a stout offensive line will allow josh to elevate his receivers and hopefully convince Dorsey it’s ok to run the ball even if you’re not getting chunk plays. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Next to having a franchise QB, having a top caliber OL is the key to success, especially in the playoffs, because a good OL not only protects your great QB, it makes the running game better even with average RBs.  Allen can make his WRs better if he has time to throw.   Singletary and Cook are good enough to if they have holes to run through.   The Bills need to put their resources into the OL first and then DL.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Next to having a franchise QB, having a top caliber OL is the key to success, especially in the playoffs, because a good OL not only protects your great QB, it makes the running game better even with average RBs.  Allen can make his WRs better if he has time to throw.   Singletary and Cook are good enough to if they have holes to run through.   The Bills need to put their resources into the OL first and then DL.  

I mainly agree, but I think you still need to bring in a better WR#2 or draft one. I'd prefer a big, bruising back to compliment Cook.

• Like (+1) 2

I started a near identical thread about five days ago, O-line was number one in that thread as well. Now the real question is, will Beane and McDermott see the light?  Me, imo, 60/40 against them giving more than eye wash to the O-line, and that being optimistic on my behalf, basing this on past performance by both of their pretty obvious preferences,

GO BILS!!!

20 hours ago, HT02 said:

Terry Pegula asks you're advice on one thing he can do to get the Bills to the next level what's your one choice?

I’m not sure 1 particular thing can be done to get the Bills to the Super Bowl this team is flawed in many ways. Your list is pretty much spot on and I would have to say nearly everything on that list is almost as important as the other. I voted for Oline that’s the one that stands out to me but we also need an identity as a team a physical identity which we don’t have we’re not a big strong team and we’re not a fast team. We really have no physical identity or even an aggressive mentality. I really believe those 2 things are paramount to winning the Super Bowl. If u look at all the past Super Bowl winners especially in the last 10yrs u would see exactly what I’m saying. 

2022 - Chiefs

2021- Rams 

2020- Bucs 

2019 - Chiefs

2018- Pats 

2017-  Eagles

2016- Pats

2015- Broncos 

2014- Pats 

2013- Seahawks 

All these teams had Physical identities they had great front 7s on defense and played aggressive styles only 1 team on this list played Zone defense and that was the Seahawks but they also played a ton of man to man especially in the Super Bowl vs the  Broncos and the Seahawks were nasty physical team . Most of the other defenses on this list were more hybrid defenses and they played more man to man . The Chiefs defense is an aggressive unit they might not be very talented like the rest on this list but they make up for it with there versatile schemes and aggression. I can go on and on with the differences with these winners but the most thing that stands out is we’re not anywhere near being a Super Bowl caliber defense because we’re anti aggressive in our scheme we play reactionary ball and we’re not physically gifted either. 

On Offense other then Josh we’re not physically gifted we’re not fast we’re not physical we’re more finesse but without the speed . Our running scheme is more zone then anything else and those little backs ain’t wearing any defense down . We might have the mentality when it comes to offense but most of that is from Josh. The Oline is not a Super Bowl caliber unit at all . It’s basically the Josh show and nothing else there’s no scheming that gets Wrs open no easy plays every team on that list knew how to run a screen and they all got there RBs involved in the passing game. 

At the end of the day we are not SUPERBOWL CALIBER! on nearly any level that corresponds to the teams that have won.  We don’t have the aggressive mentality on offense or defense and we definitely don’t have the schemes or even the talent those other teams had. McBeane got a ton of work to do and they haven’t adjusted there games in any fashion over the years. I don’t think they have what it takes to direct a team to the finish line I believe they built a culture and got Josh but other then that they’ve been borderline horrible in the draft and free agency and they don’t have the mentality it takes to build a Champion! 

• Like (+1) 1

If you look at KC's roster, it's clear that they place far more emphasis on their OL than on skill players other than Mahomes. Smith-Schuster is their best WR. He's above average and Hardman is decent, but the OL, other than RT, outclasses them by a mile. Their RB's are basically average and could easily be replaced.

Give Josh time and the ability to hand off the ball until the defense forces him to throw and he will be the next MVP. His completion rate will go up and his picks will drop way off. If he isn't forced to run as much, his fumbles should drop as well and his injury risk drops too.
Edited by GreggTX
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I started a near identical thread about five days ago, O-line was number one in that thread as well. Now the real question is, will Beane and McDermott see the light?  Me, imo, 60/40 against them giving more than eye wash to the O-line, and that being optimistic on my behalf, basing this on past performance by both of their pretty obvious preferences,

GO BILS!!!

They better.  I'm a fan of both Beane and McDermott and I can have patience for Dorsey to improve this coming season but they

have to give Josh some decent protection.  I will be very disappointed in them if they don't!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.