Bills 2023 Offense Like This With Adam Henry Signed As WR Coach?

corta765

With Adam Henry added as a coach and the need to go with a greater investment on offense I wonder if we see something like this:

QB Allen

RB Hines/Cook + Latavius Murray as a larger back for short yardage (1 mil salary in 2022)

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Beckham

WR3 Davis

WR4 Shakir/Mckenzie/2nd Round Pick

TE Knox/Sweeney

LT Dawkins

LG 1st round Pick

C Morse

RG  Bates

RT Brown/ FA /3rd or 4th Round Pick

Now mind you most estimates have the Bills with about 30 mil in cap space with projected restructures on the way and cuts. ODB on spotrac is estimated contract at 13 mil although I do wonder after all the noise, lack of play, and injuries if that deflates down to 9-10 million. Also Beane said they were not planning on a major signing (granted GMs never are fully honest). They could probably structure the contract to space the cap hit later to protect themselves but you would need to commit for 3 years I would think for ODB. Also signing ODB means Poyer is gone and Edmunds for sure is gone while you have 10-13 million tops to fill those holes as draft usually is 7-8 mil in cap space.

On the flip side the offense has a lot more juice, you get a WR in the 2nd for the long term, the offense line gets younger help, and a guy like Murray is a nice big back.

This is just hypothetical and its fun, what are your thoughts?

Edited by corta765
  • Like (+1) 4

• corta765 changed the title to Bills 2023 Offense Like This With Adam Henry Signed As WR Coach?
4 minutes ago, corta765 said:

With Adam Henry added as a coach and the need to go with a greater investment on offense I wonder if we see something like this:

QB Allen

RB Hines/Cook + Latavius Murray as a larger back for short yardage (1 mil salary in 2022)

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Beckham

WR3 Davis

TE Knox/Sweeney

LT Dawkins

LG 1st round Pick

C Morse

RG  Bates

Now mind you most estimates have the Bills with about 30 mil in cap space with projected restructures on the way and cuts. ODB on spotrac is estimated contract at 13 mil although I do wonder after all the noise, lack of play, and injuries if that deflates down to 9-10 million. Also Beane said they were not planning on a major signing (granted GMs never are fully honest). They could probably structure the contract to space the cap hit later to protect themselves but you would need to commit for 3 years I would think for ODB. Also signing ODB means Poyer is gone and Edmunds for sure is gone while you have 10-13 million tops to fill those holes as draft usually is 7-8 mil in cap space.

On the flip side the offense has a lot more juice, you get a WR in the 2nd for the long term, the offense line gets younger help, and a guy like Murray is a nice big back.

I don't have to pay anything for Benford & Vander Esch to replace Poyer & Edmunds.  The only way I'd even consider OBJ is 3/30. I'd sign Perine over Murray and cut McKenzie/ Sweeney. Bates slides to LG and we draft RG/RT.  I'd still draft a wr somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

• Like (+1) 6

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

QB Allen

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Beckham

WR3 Davis

TE Knox/Sweeney

LT Dawkins

LG 1st round Pick

C Morse

RG  Bates

If you are confident the oline is fixed with a first round guard than this plan is viable (I think the line needs a much bigger overhaul) 

Having over 30 million spent on WR 1&2 with a total age of 61 is also a bit unusual. I am not sure that is optimal.  I would rather spend the money on Philadelphia Eagles guard Isaac Seumalo, and roll with Davis / snd round WR pick to battle it out for WR2.  Davis will be much better if Allen has better pass protection. 

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/isaac-seumalo-eagles-free-agency/

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, corta765 said:

QB Allen

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Beckham

WR3 Davis

TE Knox/Sweeney

LT Dawkins

LG 1st round Pick

C Morse

RG  Bates

OBJ sounds good on paper but he’s coming off his 2nd ACL and the only he way he signs a cheap contract is if teams have doubts about him.  

If he’s halfway decent, given the FA WR class, the Bills likely aren’t going to give him the contract he’ll want 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I kinda like this mock a lot that I did...2 trades back picking up extra picks and a trade back up.

image.thumb.png.9a39b91f17dc4e3c520505642094cc60.png

I don't think Torrence falls to the 2nd round.  He's considered the best Guard in the draft and could start day 1.  Also can't see Tillman falling to the 4th.  I would think Robinson has a higher likelihood of still being available in the 4th vs Tillman.

Unless I'm crazy, I also don't see a chance in Hades Patterson falls to the 5th.  

I am definitely open to the idea of trading out of the first to get us some additional picks though if there's not really any first round talent left at 27 in needs we have.  I don't want to see any reaches.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't think Torrence falls to the 2nd round.  He's considered the best Guard in the draft and could start day 1.  Also can't see Tillman falling to the 4th.  I would think Robinson has a higher likelihood of still being available in the 4th vs Tillman.

I am definitely open to the idea of trading out of the first to get us some additional picks though if there's not really any first round talent left at 27.  I don't want to see any reaches.

In that mock there wasn't really anything appealing left...Robinson was there, but Indy had a pretty nice trade offer so I took it and Torrence was still there after moving down 8 spots to pick up an additional 3rd and 5th, so I took him...

I think once the combine happens the board placement will probably be more meaningful so this might not be realistic, but I still like it 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LetzGoBuffalo said:

I like the addition of Murray, he is big and good for short yardage. Need a little bit bigger back

That's what Roschon Johnson does...dude is 6-2 225 lbs...nice complement to Cook...younger and cheaper than Murray

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Kiva said:

OBJ? We don’t want an offensive version of Von miller, old and broken down, injury proned.  Hard pass. 

I have to disagree without having inside info. on his current status post injury.

If he is deemed "FINE" I would definitely sign him.  He'd make our offense much better instantly.

I do agree Von Miller was a mistake, and will continue to be a mistake with his salary.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

QB Allen

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Beckham

WR3 Davis

TE Knox/Sweeney

LT Dawkins

LG 1st round Pick

C Morse

RG  Bates

Since it's a hypothetical I'd go all in on the OL... Sign free agents RT Juwaan Taylor (JAX), OG Ben Powers (BAL), draft OG O'Cyrus Torrence (Florida) in round 1, draft ILB Noah Sewell (Oregon) round 2, C Joe Tippman in round 3 and let ILB Tremaine Edmunds walk in FA. Letting Tremaine walk probably means we can sign both Powers and Taylor but who knows what the price tags will be. 

• Dislike 1

8 hours ago, corta765 said:

QB Allen

WR1 Diggs

WR2 Beckham

WR3 Davis

TE Knox/Sweeney

LT Dawkins

LG 1st round Pick

C Morse

RG  Bates

Sweeney ? Hello no ! Go all in for Gronk !

• Vomit 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.