RIP: Raquel Welch, 82

Gugny

Loved the self parody of herself she did in the Seinfeld episode.

Raquel: "Hello, Sidney! No, no I told you I don't want to do that! If you bring it up again I will feed your genitals to a wolf! [hangs up phone] Kids!" 

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

Easily the most beautiful woman to ever grace this planet. 

I saw her in person when she was in her mid 40's. She was looking SO good that my forehead started sweating and I couldn't move my knees. She must have noticed because she actually gave me a big wink but when she turned around to walk away, she (and her bodyguards) were laughing at me.

RIP to a legend, the very picture of pure beauty.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Seems like many more famous people are dying.  May she R.I.P.

There’s just more famous people getting to that age. RW was still from the old Hollywood era.

Imagine what it’s going to be in 40 years with all the people who were in the cable channel explosion, reality shows, and then a bit later with YouTube / IG stars.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, UConn James said:

There’s just more famous people getting to that age. RW was still from the old Hollywood era.

Imagine what it’s going to be in 40 years with all the people who were in the cable channel explosion, reality shows, and then a bit later with YouTube / IG stars.

It could go the other way around.  The older folks from the "old" system are TRUE stars, with huge names.  And then when they die it's news.

40 years from now most of the big names you are referencing will have been long forgotten, because they aren't stars.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.