Basement: What did comment mean

Riverboat Ritchie

Herbert?! Lawrence is a stretch but Herbert is ridiculous. He took a step back this year if anything and is clearly not the same type of dominant force as Allen or Mahomes. He has still not turned the corner and become the all world freak that people thought he would become 2 years ago. I feel like every Justin Herbert game this year was him listlessly throwing for 280 yards and 1 TD.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

40 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Herbert?! Lawrence is a stretch but Herbert is ridiculous. He took a step back this year if anything and is clearly not the same type of dominant force as Allen or Mahomes. He has still not turned the corner and become the all world freak that people thought he would become 2 years ago. I feel like every Justin Herbert game this year was him listlessly throwing for 280 yards and 1 TD.

He also lost his only great OL for the season early on.  Slater was a huge loss.  Allen missed most of the season. Imagine if Dawkins and Gabe missed the same time?  And gabe isn’t nearly as good as Allen.  

I don’t think Herbert has earned the right to be ranked ahead of Allen yet.  Just like Allen hadn’t earned the right to be ranked ahead of Mahomes prior to this year…. Yet many did.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He also lost his only great OL for the season early on.  Slater was a huge loss.  Allen missed most of the season. Imagine if Dawkins and Gabe missed the same time?  And gabe isn’t nearly as good as Allen.  

I don’t think Herbert has earned the right to be ranked ahead of Allen yet.  Just like Allen hadn’t earned the right to be ranked ahead of Mahomes prior to this year…. Yet many did.  

I'm not arguing that he isn't a good QB - I think he's firmly in the 6-8 range - but I don't think he's displayed anything close to Josh's ability and definitely shouldn't be ranked ahead of him. You seem to agree, so is your argument that Herbert could potentially be better with a healthy line, etc? I personally didn't see that at all this year. He almost played timid at times in a way that Allen/Mahomes/Burrow never do. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Personally I could care less about Colin and his herd hierarchy.  He blows like the wind and constantly jumps on & off player bandwagons.  His opinion doesn't matter anymore.  All that matters is help for Josh.  Everything else is noise.

His opinion has never mattered in this context.  He is a sports talk show host.  He could think present-day Joe Montana and Madonna are the best two quarterbacks in the league. Or the worst.  It wouldn't change a thing. 

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Herbert and Lawrence in the top 5 seal the ridiculousness of this list.  Lawrence??

• Agree 1

Step back and really consider what these shows are.  They have to change it up and keep things controversial, it generates responses, like this.   That IS THE BUSINESS.  You are falling for it.  Draft QB's today with real NFL GM's, which ones are taking Herbert and Lawrence over Allen?  The answer: ones that will get fired the next day.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, NewEra said:

If Gabe missed time, Hodgins would have played and put up similar numbers. The Steelers game carried Gabe's stats for the year. Let's hope Davis can be consistent next year. 

Also why did the Brandt and Coward threats get merged? They are two different talking heads on different networks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Trevor Lawrence is not a better quarterback than Josh Allen

Not on any day not on any week

9 lost fumbles by Trevor this year and he's not even a running QB. That's the 2nd most by any player since at least 2006. I say at least because that's where the website cutoff.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Herbert and Lawrence in the top 5 seal the ridiculousness of this list.  Lawrence??

Yeah i just don't see it with Herbert.  He basically runs a mahomes offense - minus the majority of the wow plays.  He doesn't break the pocket and scramble and turn lemons into lemonade.  It's just a ton of short passes, and he's worse than mahomes and burrow at them. 

His sack% isn't amazing for how quick the ball is out, his td% was way down, Y/A down, AY/A down.  They don't run the ball at all so all the additional yards come with a ton of additional attempts (almost 700 - just behind brady).  His intended air yards per pass attempt was 6.4 - which is tied for 2nd lowest in the league.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's Cowherd. What do you expect? I don't understand how a lot of these people keep jobs. Bayless, Cowherd, Nick Wright, Tony Kornheiser, Dominique Foxworth, Max Kellerman, all of them are basically insufferable. I have never heard anyone say they actually like any of them. But, here they are. Still spewing idiotic takes on a daily basis. 

3 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Yeah i just don't see it with Herbert.  He basically runs a mahomes offense - minus the majority of the wow plays.  He doesn't break the pocket and scramble and turn lemons into lemonade.  It's just a ton of short passes, and he's worse than mahomes and burrow at them. 

His sack% isn't amazing for how quick the ball is out, his td% was way down, Y/A down, AY/A down.  They don't run the ball at all so all the additional yards come with a ton of additional attempts (almost 700 - just behind brady).  His intended air yards per pass attempt was 6.4 - which is tied for 2nd lowest in the league.  

3 seasons, 1 playoff game. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

It's Cowherd. What do you expect? I don't understand how a lot of these people keep jobs. Bayless, Cowherd, Nick Wright, Tony Kornheiser, Dominique Foxworth, Max Kellerman, all of them are basically insufferable. I have never heard anyone say they actually like any of them. But, here they are. Still spewing idiotic takes on a daily basis. 

So people can talk incessantly about how insufferable.  Their employers don't pay them to be correct--they are paid to be annoying.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

8 hours ago, Man with No Name said:

top 4 is allen mahomes burrow hurts (no particular order there). no questions asked 

No ...

Allen

Sherbert

T-Law

Hurts

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.