Derek Carr released

No_Matter_What

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

As long as the Jets don't get him then I don't care where he goes. He would be an upgrade over White, Wilson, Flacco. 

If the Jets sign Carr it instantly makes them a seriously contender for the division. That defense is legit. Don't forget Brice Hall is coming back. The Bills will have their hands full with the Jets. 

Carr isn't great but he won't have to be on the Jets. Make a few plays and don't turn over the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Curious about Reich. Carolina makes a decent amount of sense, but I have to think Reich is done with the retreads after Rivers (who was actually good but one and done), Wentz, and Ryan. 

Actually, I think the Colts may be in play for Carr as well.   They will no doubt draft a QB with their 1st round pick, but it would be nice for a rookie to be able to learn behind Carr for a year or two. 

Probably Jets.  Makes too much sense.   They would need to do a lot to get under the cap, but probably worth doing.   The rest of that roster is too good to waste.  AFC East will be the most competitive division in the NFL without question if this happens

Edited by ProcessTruster

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

If the Jets sign Carr it instantly makes them a seriously contender for the division. That defense is legit. Don't forget Brice Hall is coming back. The Bills will have their hands full with the Jets. 

Carr isn't great but he won't have to be on the Jets. Make a few plays and don't turn over the ball. 

You just can’t help yourself can you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Quite the fall !

It wasnt too long ago that I thought he would carve a niche for himself in the middle tier of QBs (#10-#15) who does enough to win games while needing a good overall team to get to the playoffs. But here we are ... A previously highly paid QB unceremoniously dumped

Gotta figure Josh has a wry smile on his face today. He wanted so badly to play college ball at Fresno State, but they wouldn’t bother with some hick from the backlands, opting instead for the ‘Can’t Miss’, wonder kid with family pedigree, Derek Carr. 

For Josh and all his detractors,

🤣BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!😂

• Like (+1) 5

Big age difference between Carr and Allen. Carr was drafted by the Raiders and left Fresno State before Josh Allen ever graduated from high school. Fresno State never chose Carr over Allen. Their paths never crossed. Now after Carr was gone, Fresno State never gave Allen a serious look. 

• Eyeroll 2

10 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I was at the game in the Meadowlands... Jets handled the Bills pretty well with Wilson playing just decently.   Carr is better than that.   No idea how they fit him under the cap, but ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

I was at the game in the Meadowlands... Jets handled the Bills pretty well with Wilson playing just decently.   Carr is better than that.   No idea how they fit him under the cap, but ...

Geez does this really need to be said players don’t let franchise QBs go free they literally just wave this #######

Carr is an interception machine. He’s a coach killer.

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Geez does this really need to be said players don’t let franchise QBs go free they literally just wave this #######

Carr is an interception machine. He’s a coach killer.

This.  Carr is like many other QBs -- just good enough to put a team in cap hell if a team pays him but not nearly good enough to give a team a real chance at success.

8 hours ago, Merle said:

Actually, I think the Colts may be in play for Carr as well.   They will no doubt draft a QB with their 1st round pick, but it would be nice for a rookie to be able to learn behind Carr for a year or two. 

While the head coach may be gone, the franchise and fanbase aren’t. I have a hard time believing the Colts are going to bring in yet another veteran quarterback after what they’ve experienced over the last few years. But I guess we’ll all see. 

17 hours ago, mannc said:

So who are the Raiders going to roll with at QB?

Maybe Denver or Arizona could make a trade with them either of their QB's aren't doing well where they are & the Davis family is none for doing these types of things -  plus if they could do it & get rid of their contracts it would be a plus for either team .

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You just can’t help yourself can you

Did I say something you think is untrue or wildly inaccurate? 

John, I think it's pretty clear that the Jets are a team on the rise. Bunch of young impact guys that look very good. The just had two guys get the ROY award on both sides of the ball. 

Their weak link was at QB. It wasn't on defense and they lost Brice Hall early in the season. He looked dynamic and explosive. Unlike anything the Bills have. 

Clearly don't like the comment. That's fine. What's clear is the Jets have a lot of young stars. A very good defense. A team with lots of potential. They played the Bills very tough last year. In fact, they pushed the Bills around in the trenches. 

The Bills appear to be a descending team.  A team that needs to restock, retool, tweek, and hope for a lot of luck. 

I think it's reasonable to say the Bills, Dolphins, Pats and Jets (pending a QB) will fight it out. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, T master said:

Maybe Denver or Arizona could make a trade with them either of their QB's aren't doing well where they are & the Davis family is none for doing these types of things -  plus if they could do it & get rid of their contracts it would be a plus for either team .

The Raiders can’t afford either of those contracts.  That’s why they cut Carr.

16 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

They are going to upgrade with someone...

Rodgers is a flake. Who knows what he will do. No sure thing he goes there. They could get Jimmy G, but he always seems to get hurt. Which would leave them with White (most likely) or Wilson as the backup having to play for them. 

6 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

He'd fit right in with the Jets. They're both chokers.

If the Jets want a choker they should sign Jimmy G toss in there's the 49ers connection with Saleh. 

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

This.  Carr is like many other QBs -- just good enough to put a team in cap hell if a team pays him but not nearly good enough to give a team a real chance at success.

Aka QB purgatory.

26 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I hope Miami doesn't realize that he'd be their best option for 2023.

Miami probably going to ride out Tua's rookie contract and then make a decision on QB most likely move on since he can't stay healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Carr on the Jets makes them a playoff contender, but that will be their ceiling in the AFC for the foreseeable future.  

Carr likely still gets a 40M per year AAV.. He has suitors, and I'll be surprised if he ends up making less than that.

Jets have a really good defense and really nice weapons.  Perhaps they even fix the OL this off-season and give Carr everything above average around him... he's still Derek Carr.   And Derek Carr isn't good enough to compete in a conference with Mahomes, Allen and Burrow.. let alone Herbert, Lawrence, Tua etc..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.