Parallels Bills vs. Bengals, Chiefs vs. Eagles SB - Almost the exact same scenrio

Billsfan1972

Yesterday I noted in another thread and on Sunday with my friends I said the exact same thing as it was happening.

The first half the Eagles pretty much were moving the ball at will and if not for a horrendous fumble were dominating.  However it was 21-14 (KC one offensive TD). 

Cincy was doing the exact same with the score 17-7.

KC get's the ball finally at the 2 minute warning and with the second half kickoff and this is when the game can switch.  They actually bomb, 5 plays, a kick and Eagles have time (not enough unfortunately for them) and kick a fg and a 10 point HT lead 24-14.

Buffalo exact same situation and actually are looking great on offense and effortlessly move to the Cincy 39 and then three lousy calls, a punt and down 17-7 at half.

Now look what happened.  KC is pissed, some changes at half and new found determination and score a TD in 3 minutes and it was a game.

Buffalo came out moved the ball, but was laboured and first and goal inside the 10 and again 3 unmotivated plays later only 3 points to show for it.     

Now let's also not forget Philly on offense was fine the second half (they punted one time, which was returned 65 yards to the 5 yard line).

Two games, almost identical situations and one team stepped up, the other did not.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Haha (+1) 1

Exactly what this thread alluded to.

And this post within it.

I understand the OP comments. Seems like the "poisonous" label come more from missing out on the super bowl, suspect coaching, bad drafting etc. For me the poisonous comment stems more from (a lot) of the board members sniping at one another. This board is supposed to be fun and to share thoughts about the Bills and football. Too many posters are determined to prove their thoughts and comments are always right, even if it means in-fighting with other members. Please loose the always right attitudes everyone! It's keeping many of us from wanting to share our thoughts in a fun, respectful way.

Add to that people who think they are just "too cool" and post responses like above.

I had an observation (and yes noted many times after the Cincy game, my displeasure over those two specific drives by the Bills), which I thought may spur some conversation and yes I did think was of interest and this is a message board and wanted to post.

You guys never cease to surprise me.

Keep it up. 

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this post within it.

I understand the OP comments. Seems like the "poisonous" label come more from missing out on the super bowl, suspect coaching, bad drafting etc. For me the poisonous comment stems more from (a lot) of the board members sniping at one another. This board is supposed to be fun and to share thoughts about the Bills and football. Too many posters are determined to prove their thoughts and comments are always right, even if it means in-fighting with other members. Please loose the always right attitudes everyone! It's keeping many of us from wanting to share our thoughts in a fun, respectful way.

Add to that people who think they are just "too cool" and post responses like above.

I had an observation (and yes noted many times after the Cincy game, my displeasure over those two specific drives by the Bills), which I thought may spur some conversation and yes I did think was of interest and this is a message board and wanted to post.

Keep it up. 

That was my addition to that thread.

You started a thread that for some strange reason, attempts to drawn a line from an embarrassing no show blowout to a thrilling SB game.

It's not "poisonous" for posters to point out poorly conceived threads.  Keep the gold coming though...it definitely is spurring some conversation.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That was my addition to that thread.

You started a thread that for some strange reason, attempts to drawn a line from an embarrassing no show blowout to a thrilling SB game.

It's not "poisonous" for posters to point out poorly conceived threads.  Keep the gold coming though...it definitely is spurring some conversation.

How so?  Exact same scenarios in the playoffs with equally matched teams (oh and one had homefield advantage) & one team stepped up to the challenge, the other did not.

It was eerily similar imo. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

10 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

How so?  Exact same scenarios in the playoffs with equally matched teams (oh and one had homefield advantage) & one team stepped up to the challenge, the other did not.

"Eerily similar" lol

What you described is just a competitive football game. You can find "eerily similar" scenarios in every one.

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Before the game, Bills and Bengals equally matched.  After Kickoff, no. 

You and your pals were the only ones on earth who were seeing "eerie similarities" to the Bills-Bengals stinker while watching that fantastic SB unfold. 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Before the game, Bills and Bengals equally matched.  After Kickoff, no. 

You and your pals were the only ones on earth who were seeing "eerie similarities" to the Bills-Bengals stinker while watching that fantastic SB unfold. 

Again huh?  You're trying too hard.  But for you here goes.

KC defers and Philly walks down the field scores td.

KC gets ball at 2 minute warning and like the Bills get nothing and down 10 points at half.

KC gets the ball to start the second half and flips the game scoring 7 quick points (Bills labour and still have first & goal and then peter out). 

Heck Philly then responded with their own long drive, but settle for a FG (Cincy scored a TD). 

These are 4 of the top 6 teams in the playoffs and games 3 weeks apart watched by millions, not just home team fans.

Sorry I refuse to accept  that Cincy is a better team.  The Bills just were ill prepared and flat.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

And this post within it.

Keep it up. 

FB_IMG_1676389545494.jpg

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Again huh?  You're trying too hard.  But for you here goes.

KC defers and Philly walks down the field scores td.

KC gets ball at 2 minute warning and like the Bills get nothing and down 10 points at half.

KC gets the ball to start the second half and flips the game scoring 7 quick points (Bills labour and still have first & goal and then peter out). 

Heck Philly then responded with their own long drive, but settle for a FG (Cincy scored a TD). 

These are 4 of the top 6 teams in the playoffs and games 3 weeks apart watched by millions, not just home team fans.

Sorry I refuse to accept  that Cincy is a better team.  The Bills just were ill prepared and flat.

This is your point.  Thanks for stating it.  nothing else to see here.  /endthread 

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yesterday I noted in another thread and on Sunday with my friends I said the exact same thing as it was happening.

The first half the Eagles pretty much were moving the ball at will and if not for a horrendous fumble were dominating.  However it was 21-14 (KC one offensive TD). 

Cincy was doing the exact same with the score 17-7.

KC get's the ball finally at the 2 minute warning and with the second half kickoff and this is when the game can switch.  They actually bomb, 5 plays, a kick and Eagles have time (not enough unfortunately for them) and kick a fg and a 10 point HT lead 24-14.

Buffalo exact same situation and actually are looking great on offense and effortlessly move to the Cincy 39 and then three lousy calls, a punt and down 17-7 at half.

Now look what happened.  KC is pissed, some changes at half and new found determination and score a TD in 3 minutes and it was a game.

Buffalo came out moved the ball, but was laboured and first and goal inside the 10 and again 3 unmotivated plays later only 3 points to show for it.     

Now let's also not forget Philly on offense was fine the second half (they punted one time, which was returned 65 yards to the 5 yard line).

Two games, almost identical situations and one team stepped up, the other did not.

The only thing that popped into my head regarding the Bills during the SB was something along the lines of:

Why can't we have nice things and get an OL like either of these two teams have?

Edited by Billz4ever

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.