Super Stupidity

theRalph

The NFL gets the trophy for stupidity following SB LVII, based on the following three merits:

1. They change the field to resemble a PGA green, then paint much of it so it plays like a Water Park surface.

2. They assign Carl Cheffers as referee—who is proven to be over-officious—and, of course, he decides the outcome.

3. They treat us to a mind-numbingly dull halftime show (because they couldn't get another artist to pay the fee).

Edited by theRalph
The complaints were correct.
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Painting a huge part of the field was a bad decision. Players were sliding all over the place.

And apparently they've been working on this field for 2 years. The process cost 900k. There's a video out there I'll post when I can but it's almost comical they put in all that effort and epically failed. 

Almost as much of a joke as the zebras been for years

I'm not sure I'd say that the game itself was overly-officiated, at least in terms of overall called penalties (six I believe).  Of course it's that last one that's the killer.  Agree with many others that it was ticky tacky and man what an overall buzzkill to what had been a nice back and forth contest.  I enjoyed the game.   I usually skip the halftime show and this year was no exception. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the number of Chiefs games Carl Cheffers officiated this season? For some reason it seems he's always reffing their games 

This is the guy that supposedly was in on the NFL fox that was going to make sure that Buffalo and KC met at a neutral site. So I wouldn't think too hard about conspiracies. 

9 hours ago, theRalph said:

The NFL gets the trophy for stupidity following SB LVII, based on the following three merits:

1. They change the field to resemble a PGA green, then paint much of it so it plays like a Water Park surface.

2. They assign Carl Cheffers as referee—who is proven to be over-officious—and, of course, he decides the outcome.

3. They treat us to a mind-numbingly dull halftime show (because they couldn't get another artist to pay the fee).

You ever sit and wonder when you’ll turn into the grumpy old man we all promise we’ll never become? 

At least your moment is time stamped. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.