Can you imagine being Allen last night?

whorlnut

I can’t even imagine what was going through our star qbs head last night while he was watching that game. He saw 2 dominant OL’s completely handle the other team’s defensive front and give their qbs the time they needed to do their jobs. Allen is a team first guy and would NEVER throw his guys under the bus, but I can’t imagine for one second he isn’t envious of the Mahomes and hurts.

This is why Beane has no choice this off-season other than to overhaul the wall in front of Allen. His defensive heavy offseasons haven’t been the answer in the playoffs. This is an offense first league and good offensive lines can negate a good to great defensive line. 

• Like (+1) 22
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As we have seen time and again, defense doesn't really matter in the playoffs against elite teams.  They are gonna score their points. Bills had the #6, #1, and #2 defenses in the NFL and got smoked all three times in the playoffs against elite offenses. 

Eagles had the 3rd most sacks in NFL history next to 84 and 85 Bears and got 0 last night. 2nd best D in the NFL, allowed 38 points(31 if you don't count the Defensive TD by KC). KC moved the ball and scored at will on every possession in the 2nd half. 

Defense only has to be around league average to be good enough. Bills need to allocate 90% of resources to offensive line and offensive weapons. The rules are simply tilted too far in the offenses favor for it to matter with defense, unless your DLine can maul the other team's OLine and usually that isn't going to happen unless multiple starters are out. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

As we have seen time and again, defense doesn't really matter in the playoffs against elite teams.  They are gonna score their points. Bills had the #6, #1, and #2 defenses in the NFL and got smoked all three times in the playoffs against elite offenses. 

Eagles had the 3rd most sacks in NFL history next to 84 and 85 Bears and got 0 last night. 2nd best D in the NFL, allowed 38 points(31 if you don't count the Defensive TD by KC). KC moved the ball and scored at will on every possession in the 2nd half. 

Defense only has to be around league average to be good enough. Bills need to allocate 90% of resources to offensive line and offensive weapons. The rules are simply tilted too far in the offenses favor for it to matter with defense, unless your DLine can maul the other team's OLine and usually that isn't going to happen unless multiple starters are out. 

Without a defensive TD the Chiefs would have lost. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Without a defensive TD the Chiefs would have loss. 

Their defense didn't force that, Hurts simply dropped the ball untouched. Let's not pretend they did something other than being in the right position to pick up an easy fumble with nobody but 3 Chief players around it.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I thought this would be about Hurts Fumble TD, which hasn't been discussed enough and one of the worst plays I've ever seen.

If that was Allen people would lose it about his issues "holding on to the ball". 

Funnily enough Mahomes had a very similar play against the Bengals.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Their defense didn't force that, Hurts simply dropped the ball untouched. Let's not pretend they did something other than being in the right position to pick up an easy fumble with nobody but 3 Chief players around it.

Without it KC would have needed there defense to get a stop for them to have a chance, hell they still did need that and got that.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Funnily enough Mahomes had a very similar play against the Bengals.

Every QB is going to be prone to a boneheaded error. The issue is Josh seems more boom or bust than the rest. He’s in the top five QBs in the league because of his physical attributes but his mentality is dragging him back. The O Line isn’t helping, no, but he does make more ‘unforced’ errors than his peers at the top.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Without it KC would have needed there defense to get a stop for them to have a chance, hell they still did need that and got that.

Let's stop playing hypothetical "what if" football.  You can't make assumptions on what "would have happened" from that point since the entire game would have been played differently. Those type of plays don't exist in some vacuum, they exist in the totality of the game.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I can’t even imagine what was going through our star qbs head last night while he was watching that game. He saw 2 dominant OL’s completely handle the other team’s defensive front and give their qbs the time they needed to do their jobs. Allen is a team first guy and would NEVER throw his guys under the bus, but I can’t imagine for one second he isn’t envious of the Mahomes and hurts.

This is why Beane has no choice this off-season other than to overhaul the wall in front of Allen. His defensive heavy offseasons haven’t been the answer in the playoffs. This is an offense first league and good offensive lines can negate a good to great defensive line. 

Beane has no choice? Lol, you mean McDermott.

Beane looks at the books and the cap. McDermott runs this entire organization.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

This should clear his head from throwing his teammates under the bus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Let's stop playing hypothetical "what if" football.  You can't make assumptions on what "would have happened" from that point since the entire game would have been played differently. Those type of plays don't exist in some vacuum, they exist in the totality of the game.

I do believe I still said they needed a stop and got one, or did you forget that they were down by 10 at half?

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Every QB is going to be prone to a boneheaded error. The issue is Josh seems more boom or bust than the rest. He’s in the top five QBs in the league because of his physical attributes but his mentality is dragging him back. The O Line isn’t helping, no, but he does make more ‘unforced’ errors than his peers at the top.

It's not some major gap between him and the other QBs as some would want us to believe...did you watch Mahomes in the first Denver game? He singlehandedly let them back into the game down 27-0 with 3 terrible INTs. Mahomes has led the NFL in dropped interceptions over the past 3 years as well. Burrow against the Steelers with 4 INTs?  Let's stop pretending these other QBs play mistake free football.  

Just now, McBean said:

Beane has no choice? Lol, you mean McDermott.

Beane looks at the books and the cap. McDermott runs this entire organization.

Agree, but that's what happens when you how a coach and allow him too how good own GM, and one that hasn't earned the role.  

I've been saying the same, something stinks here, and I bet that it's in McD's contact.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

55 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Don't worry, "Trust the Process," be patient, and let the youngsters at HC & GM have another decade to learn.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Patrick Fitzryan said:

There were zero real sacks in that game, correct? I think Hurts ran out of bounds one time before the line of scrimmage, so that technically counted, but no real pocket sacks.

Allen would feast in that environment. As it stands, either one of those teams' defensive line would've steamrolled us.

Did not realize KC was second in the NFL in sacks.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.