Brick-By-Brick, the NFL Losing Me As A Fan

pocoboy

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

In a game we think is rigged already we’re spending the day saying an obvious penalty shouldn’t be called because it would change the outcome of the game.

This world is amazing. 😂

Maybe it was rigged in favor of KC.

That's the beauty of paying off the ref; he has enormous power to alter the outcome of a game, especially if it's close.

Calling a defensive hold can be done on any passing play, and if it's the right time, it will give the offense a free set of downs.  That's if you want to favor the offensive team.

Also, you can call an offensive holding call on any play, and that often kills drives.

The officials have enormous power to alter games with just those 2 penalties. 

Huge disappointment. I'm not Eagles fan and not Chiefs hater. But referee spoiled the game. He stole the show.

Super Bowl. 35-35, 2 minutes left. I felt what a great game! I expected dramatic end. And this  flag turned SB to BS. Just gifted the title to Mahomes. NFL are making superstar of him. Superstar needs more titles for heritage. In semifinal Bengals coach got mad when refs gave Mahomes to repeat 3rd down instead of punt, Mahomes was sacked, but refs again gave flag for DB holding and 1st down. it was 4th qtr score 20-20.

Brick-By-Brick, the NFL Losing Me As A Fan too.

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's the beauty of paying off the ref; he has enormous power to alter the outcome of a game, especially if it's close.

Calling a defensive hold can be done on any passing play, and if it's the right time, it will give the offense a free set of downs.  That's if you want to favor the offensive team.

Also, you can call an offensive holding call on any play, and that often kills drives.

Nice of Bradberry to follow the script then.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 hours ago, Malazan said:

I think you're overlooking the real problem. It's not whether that 1 call decided the game.. it's that every conversation around any game often ends up more about egregious calls or non-calls. Why did several much more obvious penalties go uncalled and then this one get called? That is the particular problem the NFL has with it's officiating. 

If a penalty *could* be called on every play then there's a massive problem with the rulebook and the rules are so complex that they can't be enforced appropriately and consistently by the officials then you need to make changes.

People will always complain though on either side of the result, so the perception you make reinforces itself. If that's not called, and PHI puts together a drive, it's the same song

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

The ball wasn’t in the air. The WR ran a whip route(terrible one at that), the DB was holding before he even dropped his hips to explode back they other way…..the pass was in the air once he got loose. It was holding…..We’ve seen Tre White get flagged 4-5 times this season for the same thing.

The issue is that the refs hadn’t been calling that penalty earlier in the game. Bradberry got away with the same grabby coverage on several similar routes during the game. Changing what is and is not going to be called in the last five minutes of the game incenses the fans and causes controversy. 

10 hours ago, pocoboy said:

I hate to say it, but I don't feel that they want guys like me as consumers anymore. I don't tune in for theatrics, politics, or the type of pop music that litters this "spectacle."

And then, we finally get to the true reason that those who are their loyal, week-in and week-out customers tune in, and then they have systems in place which allow for 1 of 7 underpaid, part-time officials to ruin our primary focus. They take the game and turn it into a mockery.

All of this thrown together, and it gives me the feeling I have better ways to waste my Sunday afternoons. Goodell & the NFL are ruining something I've loved since childhood.

And I even wanted (ever so slightly) for the Chiefs to win.

10 hr pocoboy changed the title to Brick-By-Brick, the NFL Losing Me As A Fan

You forgot to include LAMP in subject indicating you wanted attention like a child holding his or her breath turning blue which is a Bills color.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, pocoboy said:

I hate to say it, but I don't feel that they want guys like me as consumers anymore. I don't tune in for theatrics, politics, or the type of pop music that litters this "spectacle."

And then, we finally get to the true reason that those who are their loyal, week-in and week-out customers tune in, and then they have systems in place which allow for 1 of 7 underpaid, part-time officials to ruin our primary focus. They take the game and turn it into a mockery.

All of this thrown together, and it gives me the feeling I have better ways to waste my Sunday afternoons. Goodell & the NFL are ruining something I've loved since childhood.

And I even wanted (ever so slightly) for the Chiefs to win.

Cry me a river.   There's no totally objective way to call penalties in any sport, so there are always going to be "bad" calls, "non-calls", and untimely calls.  They are part of any game, not just the NFL, so if you don't like it, take up fishing or running ... just don't do it competively because tournaments and races have rules.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

im sure the nfl loves the headlines and that the eagles didn’t get a shot at a legendary comeback drive or possible overtime 

There was no “hear me out”, so I didn’t.  😋

They need to keep crews together (not the All Star refs that led to the Saints getting screwed in the worst high profile call EVER), and IMO they should be well paid, full time employees. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.