[Vague Title] Let's Not Forget...

Awwufelloff

6 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

We beat Kansas City in the regular season in Arrowhead the last 2 times we faced them...A few lucky bounces and that could have been us. If 13 seconds didn't happen Bills win Superbowl last year. The "what ifs" could go on and on and on but we're not far away as many on here think. The NFL is a game of bounces and getting a little lucky on any given Sunday. The Chiefs got lucky with that INT TD, that terrible penalty, and several others plays throughout the game.

That this benign and completely correct take has so many negative reacts shows how ridiculous this board has become.

Bills fans deserved this year frankly, they have no clue how to handle having a good team. Miserable all year long

Fundamentally suited to be drought fans 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

but we're not far away as many on here think

I wish I could share in your optimism.

But 20 unrestricted free agents combined with our our unhealthy salary cap, it's going to take some miraculous front office management to keep from going backward.

Edited by boater

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

My eyes see a Bills team descending while other teams like Miami and the are Jags ascending. 

My eyes saw a Burrow led Cinci team destroy the Bills. I don't know how one could think the Bills are a better team

The upcoming season is going to be very challenging. I think we fans should be focused on making the playoffs. That might be a big challenge. Bills Super Bowl talk should be squashed. 

I can, but maybe will make 2023 a little easier as I certainly thought 2021 & 2022 that the Bills were the best team (especially after the Bills dominated KC in the regular season in 2021).

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

We beat Kansas City in the regular season in Arrowhead the last 2 times we faced them...A few lucky bounces and that could have been us. If 13 seconds didn't happen Bills win Superbowl last year. The "what ifs" could go on and on and on but we're not far away as many on here think. The NFL is a game of bounces and getting a little lucky on any given Sunday. The Chiefs got lucky with that INT TD, that terrible penalty, and several others plays throughout the game.

So close yet so far away! I know on face value it seems that we’re close but actually we are very far there’s some key ingredients missing. Ingredients I don’t believe this admin is capable of delivering. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

13 Seconds....that was your year...you all would have beaten the Rams.  

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Get outta here with this junk till we beat them in the postseason 

McDermott & Frazier have to go!! Especially Frazier if youEver want to win!! Pegula needs to do the Smart thing!!

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

My eyes see a Bills team descending while other teams like Miami and the are Jags ascending. 

My eyes saw a Burrow led Cinci team destroy the Bills. I don't know how one could think the Bills are a better team. 

The upcoming season is going to be very challenging. I think we fans should be focused on making the playoffs. That might be a big challenge. Bills Super Bowl talk should be squashed. 

Just texting with a friend of mine, we wouldn't at all be surprised if we didn't even win the division.  We're set to regress some.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Luck has more to do with it than most people want to admit. Last night was an example. There was nothing between those two teams. There were a few close calls in the game that could have gone either way. The one at the end was ridiculously soft. Who knows what happens if Hurts gets the ball back? Sometimes as a former UK Prime Minister said last summer "them's the breaks". 

The Bills are not far away. They need their players back healthy and better injury luck next year. They need some upgrades - especially up front - and they need their bit of luck at some stage. 

I believe there is also a quote about luck by Thomas Jefferson to the effect of: those who work the hardest (in the NFL, that would be having the best players and coaches) get the most luck.   Last night the Eagles D in the second half played basically our D, and the results were predictable.  

Our roster is not complete, and we have missed on impact players to put around JA and to rush the other QB in the draft, and as another poster indicated, we do not get the most out of our talent with our playoff coaching (playing soft zone with Elam as a CB, etc.).  

Luck plays a part, but far from the determining factor.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

At some point there needs to be some level of acceptance. In Allen’s hype year, Mahomes goes out and wins another MVP and championship. The Bills aren’t close to KC. 

Bingo.  We have missed on key draft picks (Oliver, AJ, Boogie, Groot-great #2 DE, not a guy you take at 19), and are in a bad cap situation.    KC lost its top WR, brought in a bunch of actual #2 WRs (didn't simply "hope" that a guy with 3 good games would sustain an entire season like that), a playmaker WR on a rookie contract, and drafted well at OL and LB (Humphrey and Bolton).  

10 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

How do you know we beat both Bengals and Rams,  but if your not going to forget then you need to highlight why we lost in KC.  We lost because out HC and DC choked with 13 secs left and you don't get do overs.  How times has Frazier's defences cost this Bills team in the playoffs and how many times do we listen to Sean saying will learn from this but never fires Frazier

10 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I absolutely hate the "what if's". The Bills lost in the divisional rounds, they weren't 13 seconds away from winning the Super Bowl. There was another 2 hours of play after that to crown a champion. 

I am a firm believer that in order to get better you need to an honest inventory of the situation and 13 seconds away from a Lombardi is far far from that. I understand that we are fans, not employees or players. But it is something I whole heartedly subscribe to. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea. Nice quote. Isn't always true.

nothing's "always" true, but in this case, the quote is vastly more true than not.  KC and Philly both have better rosters, GMs, and coaches.  KC didn't luck it's way into 2 wins in the past 4 years.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

I absolutely hate the "what if's". The Bills lost in the divisional rounds, they weren't 13 seconds away from winning the Super Bowl. There was another 2 hours of play after that to crown a champion. 

I am a firm believer that in order to get better you need to an honest inventory of the situation and 13 seconds away from a Lombardi is far far from that. I understand that we are fans, not employees or players. But it is something I whole heartedly subscribe to. 

yep- some were looking past Bengals this year too- we see how that panned out. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, arcane said:

That this benign and completely correct take has so many negative reacts shows how ridiculous this board has become.

Bills fans deserved this year frankly, they have no clue how to handle having a good team. Miserable all year long

Fundamentally suited to be drought fans 

Newer Bills fans are spoiled those of us that remember the lean years of trying to talk Kyle Orton out of retirement are enjoying the ride. 
There is legit criticism that is deserved of this front office and how this roster is constructed. It isn’t just the board saying it. It is people like Greg Cosell, Rich Eisen, and Chris Simms who all love Josh Allen that are saying it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.