We have a Super Bowl trophy (or two) if Andy Reid was our head coach

Einstein

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

True, but more like “can’t get it done in the Super Bowl”. Which is an upgrade over “can’t even make the Super Bowl”.

Sean McDermott just finished year 6 with the Bills. By the end of year 6 in Reid’s head coaching career, he had already coached in a Super Bowl.

He also brought Alex Smith to the AFCCG.

Do you recall any plays last night that Mahomes made that Allen couldn’t?

Mahomes had around 140 yards passing going into the fourth quarter. His TD’s we’re scripted plays to receivers with no defender within 10 yards of them.

Yep.

Reid head coached his first Super Bowl at 46.

So should the Bills be looking to hire some HC’s who have made a Super Bowl but never won? 

Riverboat Ron come on down?

9 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

Pacheco in the what 7th round? Cook in the 2nd? I'm not drafting RBS high ever again....Shore up the lines.

There is a legitimate argument, for me, that Mahomes would not look as good if he was the Bills QB as he does with the Chiefs. As a counterpoint, Cook would probably look better playing for the Chiefs than he does at the moment.

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Reid-Spagnuolo-Bieniemy >>>>>>> McDermott, Frazier, Dorsey

Chiefs OL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bills OL

These are the two main reasons why Mahomes has 2 and Allen has 0. Taking nothing away from Mahomes as he is the best QB in the league but coaching and OL give him a big advantage. Are the Chiefs really that much better than the Bills. Their D played better than the Bills D in these playoffs. But are they really more talented. At the skill positions on offense, they have one elite level threat in Kelce. We have Diggs. Pacheco is probably better than an RB we have but is it that big of a difference. Coaching and OL are the main reasons why Mahomes was able to lead his team to two Super Bowls while Allen hasn't. IMHO

Congrats to the Chiefs. They are the best team in football, and they proved it last night. So, what are the odds the Bills will kick off the season at KC for the opening game. The Bills play at KC (AGAIN) and the Chiefs will open the season at home on TNF for the first game of the year. So, it is possible.

Surely the opening TNF will be a repeat of the Super Bowl?

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

The halftime adjustment he made to torment the Philly defense will go down in the history books.

Mahomes doesn’t deserve the MVP award. Reid does. Did you see the last 2 TD passes? How perfectly scripted those were? How wide open he got the pass catcher on BOTH occasions? How Mahomes only had to not screw it up?

You guys can all talk about McD’s regular season success. But I envy the Chiefs playoff and Super Bowl success. They even traded a HOF WR and STILL won the SB the next year.

Eagles o-line dominated. Reid still won. Mahomes got hurt. Reid still won. No excuses for Reid. Just success.

KC doesn’t win the game without Mahomes as the QB. KC doesn’t even get to the SB without Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Einstein said:

True, but more like “can’t get it done in the Super Bowl”. Which is an upgrade over “can’t even make the Super Bowl”.

Sean McDermott just finished year 6 with the Bills. By the end of year 6 in Reid’s head coaching career, he had already coached in a Super Bowl.

He also brought Alex Smith to the AFCCG.

Do you recall any plays last night that Mahomes made that Allen couldn’t?

Mahomes had around 140 yards passing going into the fourth quarter. His TD’s we’re scripted plays to receivers with no defender within 10 yards of them.

Yep.

Reid head coached his first Super Bowl at 46.

Reid had been to one Superbowl in 19 years. I get it that was within his first 6 years but he had multiple playoff mishaps in those Eagles years and pre-Pat in KC. 

And he never took Smith to an AFCCG. Prior to Pat he was 1-4 in the playoffs as Chiefs Head Coach with that sole win coming against Brian freaking Hoyer who threw 4 picks. 

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

There is a legitimate argument, for me, that Mahomes would not look as good if he was the Bills QB as he does with the Chiefs. As a counterpoint, Cook would probably look better playing for the Chiefs than he does at the moment.

Nah. 
The only place Mahomes isn’t better than Josh is in some of your heads. I live Josh, but come on man. 

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

KC doesn’t win the game without Mahomes as the QB. KC doesn’t even get to the SB without Mahomes. 

The Hurts fumble that they returned for a TD was the biggest play IMHO. Philly dominated the first half. That one play kept them within striking distance at 24-14. If its 24-7 at the half I don't know if KC comes back from that.

25 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Coaching matters and the Bills are running it back with the current coaches. Shameful

Coming back with Frazier and Dorsey is mistake. I know it was only Dorsey's first year but watching KC in the red zone run plays where they are wide open for easy TD's and then remembering how the Bills struggle. Frazier's defense has been figured out. Top offenses with top QB's just kill them almost every time. 

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1

Nah. 
The only place Mahomes isn’t better than Josh is in some of your heads. I live Josh, but come on man. 

Josh is physically the best QB in the league for me. He has the arm, the body strength, the legs, to make plays that no one else can, including Mahomes. But where Mahomes, and possibly Burrow, is better is mentality. They can read the field better and they’re more adept at protecting the ball. We saw peak Josh in the play offs and at the start of this season, but his floor is lower than Mahomes and Burrow. 

I think stricter coaching would help. He needs to be kept on a leash and it feels like Dorsey is too happy for him to make big play after big play, which feeds into Josh’s natural approach. A lack of an O Line also, understandably, feeds into Josh’s mind and sometimes he feels rushed when he has time. We saw at the end of the Bengals game that his first reaction post snap was checking his protection rather than reading the field.

Mahomes is a fantastic QB but, for the most part, he was aided and abetted by his O Line. Consider how ordinary he looked when it collapsed against the Bengals last year. It’s the same for every QB - no one, no matter how talented, can do it on their own.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Reid had been to one Superbowl in 19 years. I get it that was within his first 6 years but he had multiple playoff mishaps in those Eagles years and pre-Pat in KC. 

And he never took Smith to an AFCCG. Prior to Pat he was 1-4 in the playoffs as Chiefs Head Coach with that sole win coming against Brian freaking Hoyer who threw 4 picks. 

Ahh you’re right about Smith. It was the divisional round. Which is the same round McD keeps getting Josh to.

The only place Mahomes isn’t better than Josh is in the heads of some people here on TBD. 

Name a play Mahomes made last night that Allen can’t.

2 minutes ago, Dopey said:

The only place Mahomes isn’t better than Josh is in the heads of some people here on TBD. 

The challenge for these fans has become that to keep Allen on the imaginary pedestal, they now have to tear down the rest of the team around him in order to rationalize and excuse.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Do the Bills trade away Patrick in this scenario ? 

McDermott already that.

But again, Mahomes did not make a singe play last night that Allen can’t. He had about 140 yards going into the 4th quarter and threw two touchdowns to receivers that had no one near them.

27 minutes ago, Repulsif said:

McDermott might(has?) become another Mike Tomlin

Roster good enough to go year after year in playoffs with no realistic chance to win the big one unless all stars align

I wish McDermott had Tomlin's success. Then we would already have a Super Bowl championship in Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.