Rihanna-A boring halftime performance

Billsfan1972

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Do I remember?  LOL...I have watched it dozens of times since lol.  Dr. Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar and one of my all time faves that doesn't get enough love...Mary J. Blige.  I live in LA, I have been a big fan of every artist that hit that stage last year.  They represent the greatness of hip hop unlike a lot of the garbage being put out today in rap music.  For example, the Grammy's 50th anniversary of the birth of hip hop tribute this year was a stark reminder to the golden years of hip hop and how the new generation of rap falls short in comparison.  

I am not just a fan of hip hop though (a lot of rap these days absolutely blows by the way).  love all kinds of music, even classic rock, hard rock, etc.  Just not a fan of Country.  

My absolute favorite band right now is St. Paul and the Broken Bones, even got married to one of their songs.  Paul Janeway may be the best male vocalist in all of music and their live show is one of the best I have even seen and I have seen them several times now.  

A simple yes would have sufficed.  Glad you enjoyed it so much.

• Haha (+1) 1

Did they book Rihanna NOT knowing she is pregnant? I had no problem with the halftime show. Not really my thing, but my daughter loves her (tried to make her an indie girl and failed miserably), so it was what it was. But it wasn’t what she (or I) would’ve expected of a Rihanna performance. Nobody paid to see it, but if they had it would’ve been kind of false advertising. The kids love the dancing, the wardrobe changes, all that glitz. This was like Rihanna in an oversized red jumpsuit surround by Squid Game type unenergetic dancers. 

• Like (+1) 1

I assume they decided they wanted a "stripped down" type of show and let Rihanna be the singular focus. But I dunno if the Super Bowl is the spot for that kind of show. People expect theatrics from the halftime show. I understand she's pregnant so clearly she's not going to be doing backflips off the stage. And as I understood it they wanted the pregnancy reveal to be the big takeaway moment. 

All that said, I mean, dang, we couldn't get some cool lights? A laser show? Drones creating fun imagery above the stadium? Some stunts? Maybe some pyro aside from the few fireworks they did outside the stadium? Maybe even a wardrobe change? Speaking of wardrobe, the decision to have all the dancers look like hyperactive little spermies in sunglasses sure was an interesting one. The dance choreography was also quite peculiar. 

I like a good handful of her tunes so the music was fine it just was real bland in terms of show. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t think we’ll see a country or rock act ever again for the SB halftime show.

Next year, I'd like to see them go back to the 90s performance art/theatre shows with a rat-packed dedication to old Vegas. Won't happen. Probably be Adele since she's there for a residency anyway.

19 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I like her and fine when her songs come on the radio, but boy was that a nondescript halftime show.

Then I go online and everyone's saying how wonderful it was.

Am I missing something?

It was like nails going down a black board to me… she had no band playing and  they were piping the music through the speakers…. Looked like a phony act to me…. Would have rather seen Def Leppard or something….

3 hours ago, dpberr said:

They should try a non-music halftime show.  I think the music acts are tired.  

1. Magician

2. Comedy

3....Mime (always a hit)

4. NFL makes a 15 minute film like BMW Films has done with "The Hire" series

5. Airshow

The best would be for a daredevil to do some type of motorcycle jump or something like that.

You'd have to be able to set it up quickly, which could be a problem, but I'd be all over that! 

evel-knievel-stunt-cycle.gif

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I like her and fine when her songs come on the radio, but boy was that a nondescript halftime show.

Then I go online and everyone's saying how wonderful it was.

Am I missing something?

What has been your favorite Rhianna live performance so far?!

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

What has been your favorite Rhianna live performance so far?!

The point of the show is that 90% of those watching the show have never seen these performers live so it is about the performance and putting.on a show.  The chores and whole look was boring.

However listening to these entertainment shows all are fawning.  

Ot was very boring and I'm fine with her music.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.