Rihanna-A boring halftime performance

Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, teef said:

this just in...the OP loves to complain about stupid *****.

Can't help yourself?????

I came here & thought I'd ask about the halftime show as I was confused by it and the reaction, which online right after was wildly positive.

But of course you need to turn it into an insult again.

Never change..... 

11 minutes ago, skibum said:

At one point she was pulling the mic down from her face, but words were still being sung. Blatant lip synching, and it was as if she wanted the TV audience to know it. That's when I knew she was just phoning it in. 

She wasn’t lip-synching. She was singing along with backing tracks.

It’s become the standard with pop singers to allow them to sing off-key and take breaths.

Edited by Airseven
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I  appreciate super bowl halftime shows because I Know how much work and thought goes into each and every second. Totally scripted and choreographed.

. I get the concept of performing a live show. I love watching good dancers. And you KNOW she had her pick of the best of the best. So there is that.

For me her show was a LOT of glitz.  But her voice and singing just doesn't Scream Superstar special to me. I've heard much better singers IMO

Her style is not my cuppa tea. She doesnt need my fandom. GF is doing just fine in her career. Announcing her pregnancy  with an outfit that removed all doubt of a BUMP was creative.  I'd give the experience a 6 out of 10. 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The problem is its hard to create what performers are driven to provide which is an over-the-top 10 minutes of "artistic creativity" rather than come out and just perform a couple of their familiar songs.  At this point after so many past Super Bowl performances, none of it comes off as original or provocative.  The costumes appeared cartoonish and the performance wasn't very inspiring.  For Rihanna this performance was far from her best.  And of course all the critics and commentators loved it because that's what they're obligated to say and their comments can't stray too far outside the lines of acceptable opinion.

This is what I thought during her performance...

image.png.9534cbfc24f9febd8d1b6b1e6cc6ab8a.png

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Can't help yourself?????

I came here & thought I'd ask about the halftime show as I was confused by it and the reaction, which online right after was wildly positive.

But of course you need to turn it into an insult again.

Never change..... 

lol!  but the halftime show!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Airseven said:

She wasn’t lip-synching. She was singing along with backing tracks.

It’s become the standard with pop singers to allow them to sing off-key and take breaths.

But when the mic was pulling away from her mouth, the vocals did not change. Which seemed like the vocals we were hearing throughout just came from the backing tracks. How much was she singing anyway? 

Also, to the latter point, it is a fall of music concerts to hear this. With all the movement, I could not sense any shortness of breath (particularly cos she is pregnant). Of course I am an oldie but these events are only performances and live singing is no longer an important component. (why the heck do people go to paid concerts then? Just sit at home and watch the video on Youtube with your own sound system)

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

But when the mic was pulling away from her mouth, the vocals did not change. Which seemed like the vocals we were hearing throughout just came from the backing tracks. How much was she singing anyway? 

Also, to the latter point, it is a fall of music concerts to hear this. With all the movement, I could not sense any shortness of breath (particularly cos she is pregnant). Of course I am an oldie but these events are only performances and live singing is no longer an important component. (why the heck do people go to paid concerts then? Just sit at home and watch the video on Youtube with your own sound system)

Her mic was probably lowest in the mix, no doubt. She was one cog in the production bomb. It’s more about pure entertainment now than individual talent. They may as well just show a movie at halftime.

32 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The whole performance was meh. Rihanna is a billionaire thanks to her fashion line and now a mother and pregnant again. The whole choice of her as the halftime show was just the safest, dullest one. She really wasnt trying that hard.

Few singers on the planet have more hits than Rihanna does. And unlike many "hits", most of hers are actually good.

It's the Super Bowl. That's what they want.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.