Rihanna-A boring halftime performance

Billsfan1972

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I enjoyed it and I am normally very meh on the Superbowl half-time shows. 

That said the stripped back simplicity is what I enjoyed. So if you are someone who likes the flash, bang, whallop stuff I can see why it wouldn't appeal.

Agreed. The production was fantastic. Some beautifully clean visuals. 

Yes, I could nitpick her odd energy and the music itself, but alas, not a Rihanna fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, davefan66 said:

I was kinda stunned by that. Honestly, the “wardrobe malfunction” is less an issue than The Sniff.

I still prefer that over the creepy dancing robot dogs during Jason Deluro's pregame performance 

Leave it to the NFL to wheel a pregnant lady on stage so all of the feminists can say #girlpower and women can do it all!

I wonder if they knew she was preggers or if the contracts were signed before that occurrence. It certainly impacted the performance where she wasn't moving around much if at all. Pretty low energy. They should have had some guest appearances like in past years or someone to help bring some energy 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Manther said:

Honestly, that was probably the worst half time show ever!  That sucked.  My wife and I spent a bunch of the time "googling" if she was pregnant.  No movement of any kind, no change of outfits, just vanilla and bland.

A lot of that might have had to do with standing on stages that were suspended by wires high above the field. I thought they were stable but one shot showed how much "wobble" was happening. That could not have been easy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The problem is its hard to create what performers are driven to provide which is an over-the-top 10 minutes of "artistic creativity" rather than come out and just perform a couple of their familiar songs.  At this point after so many past Super Bowl performances, none of it comes off as original or provocative.  The costumes appeared cartoonish and the performance wasn't very inspiring.  For Rihanna this performance was far from her best.  And of course all the critics and commentators loved it because that's what they're obligated to say and their comments can't stray too far outside the lines of acceptable opinion.

49 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If it were up to me, I would have no halftime show. Do what they do for every game and have the pre/post game hosts analyze the 1st half. But I am a football fan. The league does this to get the non-football fan to tune in for higher ratings. 

It's tradition now 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Kanye coming out during “All of the Lights” would’ve broken the Internet, but I’m sure the NFL would have none of that. 

Didn't watch but that would've been fire

Doubt Ye would have done it regardless but that would've been a genius move by the nfl just for the controversy alone

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.