[Vague Title]

PauleeeWalnuts

6 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

IDK, Rex could coach defense. The only knock could be he had Ray Lewis etc so anyone would look good, but he also had a great defense with the Jets.

Buffalo was the only team he made the defense worse.

taking a 43 and handing it to him was dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, PauleeeWalnuts said:

Per Jay Glaser: Rex is interviewing for the Broncos DC. Never thought I would see him come back, and as a coordinator no less. 
https://www.instagram.com/p/CokVzMKJb6x/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

What happens if Rex tells Payton him and Rob are a package deal to exact Rob's revenge for getting fired in NO?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

IDK, Rex could coach defense. The only knock could be he had Ray Lewis etc so anyone would look good, but he also had a great defense with the Jets.

Buffalo was the only team he made the defense worse.

It seemed the offensives have gotten too complex with too many counters for Rex's defense which ended up complicating his own defense to the point the players were all on different pages.

His defense doesn't seem to work well in the era of RPOs and QB runs.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It seemed the offensives have gotten too complex with too many counters for Rex's defense which ended up complicating his own defense to the point the players were all on different pages.

His defense doesn't seem to work well in the era of RPOs and QB runs.

we never had the personnel for his defense. Not defending him but also the fit was a disaster all around. 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

we never had the personnel for his defense. Not defending him but also the fit was a disaster all around. 

Perhaps, but in this era where the defense is at an immediate disadvantage before the ball is even snapped, I don't think forcing players to do like 10 checks at the LOS is smart.

8 hours ago, NoSaint said:

taking a 43 and handing it to him was dumb. 

Handing him a tandem bicycle was dumber.

55 minutes ago, hemma said:

I don’t think he gets it.  Too many big egos.

Could be one of the few times a DC tries to tell the GM and HC the defense they will  run.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Talley56 said:

I always wondered why he didn't go back to being a DC.  Head coaching didn't work out but that doesn't mean he can't go back to doing what he does best, work with defenses.  I felt like the Ravens' D dropped off a little after he left for the Jets.

Get Reggie Ragland on the speed dial.  

16 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Rex was a great DC and Denver is loaded on D. He's also a very smart guy. 

I think he was burned out when he came to the Bills and it showed. 

Do you recall what our defense was like right before Rex got here?

How about right after?

His defense is made for the early 90s and given the changes in the NFL it is more out of date than the average Betamax player.

• Haha (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.